PC-Mobile Re-radiating antenna for all kind of GPS

Find out what GPS vendors have to offer.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
a) Vendors, please include the following information
- web or physical address
- contact email, IM or phone no
- warranty policy
- product and price list

b) Only for GPS / GPS related products

c) Buyers - caveat emptor apply.
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: PC-Mobile Re-radiating antenna

#51 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 am

The magnet is embedded on the antenna "flap", the hall switch is embedded in the main body of the Nuvi ie.. the antenna flap cavity. The metal foil acts as a magnetic shield between the magnet and the hall switch.

With this "modification" done, the Nuvi is permanently enabled. Thus you can use with Nuvi with antenna flap retracted or extended. If you want it back to its original state, just remove the metal foil. Simple :thumbsup:

For your knowledge, there is no internal antenna in your Nuvi 650. The flap antenna is the one and only antenna

Re-rad antenna only works to transfer the signal from the external antenna to the one inside the car. The internal antenna signal radiation is sufficiently strong to work within the confines of the car.

If you need a stronger signal for a larger area then the signal needs to be amplified. Simple logic.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#52 Post by cruiser » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am

Aaah, thats more like it and :good: on that logic too however, I knew about that amplification part contributing the signals but fell short as a result when thinking there is a "built-in" antenna in the 650!!! #-o

Great... will need to seek a re-rad/booster antenna then and apply that mini "tourniquet" to my Nuvi then... What are brudders for!!! Extra jug for the table :cheers: the next time... :gg:

SilverBeauty wrote:The magnet is embedded on the antenna "flap", the hall switch is embedded in the main body of the Nuvi ie.. the antenna flap cavity. The metal foil acts as a magnetic shield between the magnet and the hall switch.

With this "modification" done, the Nuvi is permanently enabled. Thus you can use with Nuvi with antenna flap retracted or extended. If you want it back to its original state, just remove the metal foil. Simple :thumbsup:
Re-rad antenna only works to transfer the signal from the external antenna to the one inside the car. The internal antenna signal radiation is sufficiently strong to work within the confines of the car.

If you need a stronger signal for a larger area then the signal needs to be amplified. Simple logic.
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#53 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:12 am

[quote="cruiser"]Aaah, thats more like it and :good: on that logic too however, I knew about that amplification part contributing the signals but fell short as a result when thinking there is a "built-in" antenna in the 650!!! #-o

Great... will need to seek a re-rad/booster antenna then and apply that mini "tourniquet" to my Nuvi then... What are brudders for!!! Extra jug for the table :cheers: the next time... :gg:

Make it an extra "Barrel". Consultant fees just went up :nehneh:

mygis
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: None

#54 Post by mygis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:46 am

Hi Cruiser.

If you have a NUVI that already has an external antenna port, then why would you use the re-rad for? :-? You get a better signal with a direct connection.

Cheers.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#55 Post by cruiser » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:00 pm

mygis wrote:Hi Cruiser.
If you have a NUVI that already has an external antenna port, then why would you use the re-rad for?
Cheers.

Thanks Mygis for the reminder which is true and what I'm also utilizing when indoors. :mrgreen: I'd like to have optional alternatives as such and esp. in areas, once out on the road, subject to terrain and foliage etc... and the absence of wire extension to direct line of visibility while still "under cover" within enclosure... is all the reason for this.
Yes, the 7m ext cable from a magnetized antenna receiver is super, once the flap is open & optional port connected to ext antenna.
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#56 Post by cruiser » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:06 pm

SilverBeauty wrote: Make it an extra "Barrel". Consultant fees just went up :nehneh:

Waahhh, sounds like good response from beer buddies... :evil: prices went up for display too... :nehneh:

mygis
Veteran
Veteran

#57 Post by mygis » Sat May 16, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Guys,

The re-radiating antenna is at 15% off until the end of this month only. Hurry, stock is limited !

Thanks.

feis
Junior Mapper
GPS: Nüvi 360, Nüvi 200, 60CSx

Re: PC-Mobile Re-radiating antenna - Moving Out Sales

#58 Post by feis » Sat May 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi,
It's me again. Please quote active antenna only. My rerad portion from the last time is still sitting idle so I guess this time I'll just need the antenna.

mygis
Veteran
Veteran

Re: PC-Mobile Re-radiating antenna - Moving Out Sales

#59 Post by mygis » Sat May 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi Feis,

I have sent you a pm.

Thanks.

mygis
Veteran
Veteran