Forum rules

a) Vendors, please include the following information
- web or physical address
- contact email, IM or phone no
- warranty policy
- product and price list

b) Only for GPS / GPS related products

c) Buyers - caveat emptor apply.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:41 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: n95+gmxt, vista hcx
Hi mygis, thanks for the fast response. When I mentioned minimum or no signals, I was referring to the inside of a car where the windscreen and windows reflective tint is causing this. With tinted glass nowadays, you can't even see the occupants shadow!! :mrgreen: Just wanted to know when we have signals from the re-radiating antenna while the gpsr internal antenna is also receiving signals, would this cause some erroneous data produced in the result?

mygis wrote:
Hi there,

I shall reply to the technical questions if you dont' mind.

1. First things first, this antenna does not make miracles. So if there is no satellite signal, than tha'ts it, case is closed. You won't have any signal.
2. This antenna is used for GPS units that do not have any antenna port (i.e Garmin eTrex series, 10X, Nuvi 200 series , PDA's, GPS phones ...etc).
3. It amplifies the signal and re-transmits it back into your GPS receiver using the touch of that cable as you can see in the above picture.
4. The best is still to use a directly connected Active antenna to your GPS for better results.

For instance, if your office glass is tinted and you put your active antenna inside, the signal would be weak. You would have to put your active antenna outside. Same goes for the tint in the car.

:tq:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: None
Quote:
would this cause some erroneous data produced in the result?

Please forgive me I do not understand the above sentence. The Re-radiating antenna would "suck" the signal from the active antenna which is put on the rooftop, that's all (not suer if this answers it).

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:12 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
Hence, as I gradually began "understanding" :nehneh: our helpful brudder Mygis, this approach involving the re radiating accessory, antenna if you will, is all but an enhancement of the signals, albeit weak or adequately strong, the available signals out there gets "amplified" with this extra unit that also depends on a power source... which is acceptable while being in the cockpit of a vehicle but not an ideal option or solution, being obviously cumbersome like out on a track path and having extra battery source to back up the 12volt re radiating antenna... yup, some scenario I too would like to configure in my perception of the set up... otherwise, any strong signals revealing a minimum of 3 bars (= 4 satellites being locked-on) will suffice.

He explained to me once and I appreciated his attempt to "drive it" across... and it helped me understood it, and I'm sure it will for others too. :mrgreen:

WTG... Bro... now, how abt that Durian huh??? =P~ :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:17 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

mygis wrote:
Quote:
would this cause some erroneous data produced in the result?

Please forgive me I do not understand the above sentence. The Re-radiating antenna would "suck" the signal from the active antenna which is put on the rooftop, that's all (not suer if this answers it).

Cheers.

I mean the gpsr is getting from 2 sources, 1 from the environment to it's internal receiver, and the other from the 'amplified' signals through the re-radiating antenna. Would these 2 signals source caused a 'rather not true' gps positioning even though I am getting stronger sat signal?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:51 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Hi there,

Look at the Re-radiating antenna as another Active external antenna. The unit would consider the signal from the re-radiating antenna as another signal. Getting the signal from other sources would not disturb.

I hope this answers your question.

:tq:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:41 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

:tq: for helping me in the learning process.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:43 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

no worries, you owe me a durian!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8758

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:53 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
mygis wrote:
no worries, you owe me a durian!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8758

:evil: =D> ...can share half the fruit lah... for the default "pitch" to use & claim the durian tip :mrgreen:

I makan the meat and you lay back & enjoy the rest, sum-sum....
:rock:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:54 am 
Veteran
Veteran

The surgery on the face was a bit out I think.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:34 pm 

GPS: Garmin and TrackMeUp
For those who were asking about the re-radiating antenna, stock is still available at RM185.00 only !!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next