Forum rules

a) Vendors, please include the following information
- web or physical address
- contact email, IM or phone no
- warranty policy
- product and price list

b) Only for GPS / GPS related products

c) Buyers - caveat emptor apply.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:14 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 200 v3.4; eTrex Vista HCx + PC mobile Re Radiating antenna
Bro mygis, I respect your experience in this field man

BTW, One silly question bro

Any different in accuracy if we compare between nuvi at full signal strengh plus the re radiating antenna and nuvi of full signal strengh alone?

Thanks

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:31 am 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
ImageI was hoping to see /receive, next to my MacBook, upon return from our Asian Trip but a friend came back from Houston with only the Mac and without the Garmin Mobile PC sensor. It was out of his way to the shop unfortunately.

Well, I just placed another call to Calgary, Canada half an hour ago and ordered the Garmin Mobile PC which comes bundled with the GPS 20x sensor, a sleek, thin, high-sensitivity USB for laptops without GPS. :)

A lady friend this time, is heading that direction in 3 days from now and will fetch it on my behalf. This can suit both the MacBook and the Toshiba Laptop. I will be seeing it on June 22nd when she returns from holiday there... thanks to Bro Lyes for the very early chat & tip!!!
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:17 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: None
ahbahari wrote:
Bro mygis, I respect your experience in this field man

BTW, One silly question bro

Any different in accuracy if we compare between nuvi at full signal strengh plus the re radiating antenna and nuvi of full signal strengh alone?

Thanks

Well, the more satellites you get the faster is your fix and the more accurate is your position!

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:47 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 200 v3.4; eTrex Vista HCx + PC mobile Re Radiating antenna
ahbahari wrote:

Thanks

mygis wrote:
Well, the more satellites you get the faster is your fix and the more accurate is your position!

Cheers

Thanks for the explanation bro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Hi members,

If you need to boost your signal and you do not have an external antenna port, then the re-radiating antenna is the tool!

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:51 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: eTrex 30, Nuvi 200, Holux M-241
Just wondering how is its reception as compared to those active antenna with MCX connector? Anyone has done any comparison before?

Anyway, what does that "active" antenna mean? "Active" means...?

It uses AA or AAA batteries? Does it have alternative power supply, ie 12V power supply?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:53 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Hi,

The full review is available here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3822

It is for those GPS that do not have antenna port i.e eTrex, Nuvi 2xx ...etc

It works only with AA batteries.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:45 am 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
mygis wrote:
Hi members,
If you need to boost your signal and you do not have an external antenna port, then the re-radiating antenna is the tool!
Cheers.

TQ brudder for re-confirming that inevitable option but what about those that has an ext. port but when its flap closes, so is the port due to its construction design like my Nuvi 650 and many other similar models? :-k How does it work despite unit is activated, GPS signals cut-off by choice and yet, one would like to see the screen navigating during walks or simply within the building or home?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:06 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
cruiser wrote:
["mygis"]Hi members,
Cheers.

TQ brudder for re-confirming that inevitable option but what about those that has an ext. port but when its flap closes, so is the port due to its construction design like my Nuvi 650 and many other similar models? :-k How does it work despite unit is activated, GPS signals cut-off by choice and yet, one would like to see the screen navigating during walks or simply within the building or home?

Bro Cruiser, a standard re-rad antenna has limited range, the most is within the confines of a saloon car. Thus if you want to use it within your home or building, you have to look at a different option, one with a booster transmitter.

Nuvi with flap antenna can be used with antenna closed. Very simple "mod". To Just get a thin metal foil, about 0.5mm thick and stick it at the rear of the cavity. The effect of the foil is to shield the magnet on flap from activating a "hall" switch below the unit cavity. See picture ( black object is the metal foil )

Attachments:
Garmin Nuvi 300 Antenna shield 01d.jpg
Garmin Nuvi 300 Antenna shield 01d.jpg [ 47.35 KiB | Viewed 526 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 am 
Elite
Elite

:tq: for the sample view Bro SB... u're up early? :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

From that application you suggested, I am also faced with the purpose to 1st physically understand just how it can accomplish esp. when the flap is closed, hence covering the spot where you place the alu-piece of foil to prevent what or HOW? Assuming that the flap is to remain closed?

If it is opened, cavity is exposed, Internal ant. is automatically activated, then how does that piece of foil preventing any transmission? Its function is overridden by the flap now in the active position having been flipped out?
Or how do you connect "somehow", with the foil in proposed location, the flap in closed position, the port with it as well, it doesn't have BT either and how does a booster enhance itself or the unit? Blur la... come out with more pics if you can... there must be a solution here... \:D/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next