RAM Mounts - Good News for GPS and iPhone owners

Find out what GPS vendors have to offer.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
a) Vendors, please include the following information
- web or physical address
- contact email, IM or phone no
- warranty policy
- product and price list

b) Only for GPS / GPS related products

c) Buyers - caveat emptor apply.
cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

Re: RAM Mounts, Colorado mounts are here !!!

#41 Post by cruiser » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:46 pm

williamlim1980 wrote:Can pm the price for Ram Mount to Motorcycle handle for Nuvi 205W?
:welcome: brudder William... waaahhh, you must be in a hurry but without realizing about moist & esp. ex[osure to rain etc...

Like Bro MyGis had quipped, the Nuvi is not suitable nor made for the bike.... you need a ruggedized type and one that is cut out for just that purpose with a streetpilot design (unfortunately) but it is MORE than meets the eye model and it goes much farther with reliability and endurance ...

Get a ZUMO....>> Image

You now need to reconsider buying two items soon... and you can still keep the current one for yr car or exchange or sell or give it as a gift to a dear family who may soon need it (also recommend them to sign up with MSM yah? \:D/ )

>>I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights & I'm also HERE, when not in this Forum
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

williamlim1980
GPS: nuvi 200w

#42 Post by williamlim1980 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Like Bro MyGis had quipped, the Nuvi is not suitable nor made for the bike.... you need a ruggedized type and one that is cut out for just that purpose with a streetpilot design (unfortunately) but it is MORE than meets the eye model and it goes much farther with reliability and endurance ...

Get a ZUMO....>> Image

You now need to reconsider buying two items soon... and you can still keep the current one for yr car or exchange or sell or give it as a gift to a dear family who may soon need it (also recommend them to sign up with MSM yah? \:D/ )

:wink: Actually, I have buy yet. Just ask Ram Mount Price to set budget. :-k Thinking of buying together. Intend to keep it waterproof by putting 2 layers of Ziplock Bags over it. Zumo is out of Budget. Too ex.

mygis
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: None

#43 Post by mygis » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi williamlim1980 ,

I am yet to quote you. The motorbike stuff are very hot in Malaysia and I have run out of stock of U bolt holders. I only have rail mount. I know this might sound french to you ... I will quote you properly tomorrow. If you are a bit more patient, I will be getting a lot off new stuff people have been =P~ about.

Cheers.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#44 Post by cruiser » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:08 pm

williamlim1980 wrote: :wink: Intend to keep it waterproof by putting 2 layers of Ziplock Bags over it. Zumo is out of Budget. Too ex.

Yoh brudderrR.... Ziplock are good for THC or papaya take aways lah... not an ideal solution when zooming at some speeds and providing moist to condens inside the Nuvi unit which is recommended to operate "inside" or under dry conditions...

Did you also tried imagining... when at some minimum speed involved, it will cause the bag to blow up from within like a balloon and by then, how to see or hear mah... you have to add on wipers to your plastic cover ...aiyaaahhh, get one and be done with it yoh... besides, I hate the sight of the ugly Zumo but its the best solution for value and longterm keeps... that much you can be sure of!!!

Ask your gal to buy you as present meh... \:D/
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

mygis
Veteran
Veteran

#45 Post by mygis » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:29 pm

Dear All,

You can pre-order any item from http://www.ram-mount.com until the 31st of October 2008. Special discounts would apply for non stock items and items paid by credit cards. Chek what you need and we will get it for you.

Please p.m me your requests.

Cheers.

kissnight
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 205W, Nuvi 710, iPhone, 2 cats

#46 Post by kissnight » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:09 am

cruiser wrote:Ask your gal to buy you as present meh... \:D/
cruiser.. u cheap skate... :nehneh: :nehneh: :nehneh:

'A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
A successful woman is one who can find such a man'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sista kissnightImage

mygis
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pre-order your RAM Mounts now and get discounts.

#47 Post by mygis » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:36 am

Cruiser ! Are you buying or not?

mleong
GPS: Mitec MIO A700 with Garmin Que + Nuvi 205W

#48 Post by mleong » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:19 pm

williamlim1980 wrote:Like Bro MyGis had quipped, the Nuvi is not suitable nor made for the bike.... you need a ruggedized type and one that is cut out for just that purpose with a streetpilot design (unfortunately) but it is MORE than meets the eye model and it goes much farther with reliability and endurance ...

Get a ZUMO....>> Image

:wink: Actually, I have buy yet. Just ask Ram Mount Price to set budget. :-k Thinking of buying together. Intend to keep it waterproof by putting 2 layers of Ziplock Bags over it. Zumo is out of Budget. Too ex.

You can get a waterproof enclosure, go to http://www.waterproofcases.net/ You can get it at Core Zone at SS2 (Same row with Sri Siam / ESH)

PalmoAnest
GPS: Garmin Mobile 10x + MTX on Treo 650/Palm TX

#49 Post by PalmoAnest » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Bro mygis,

Pls quote the followings send to penang:

1) RAM-B-231ZU
2) RAM-HOL-GA25U

Thank you.

mygis
Veteran
Veteran

#50 Post by mygis » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:37 am

You can also consider the RAM Aqua Box

:mrgreen: