Download & use Mapsource for your error reporting

Post and upload your tracks, waypoints, error reports and feedbacks HERE (ADVANCED USERS)

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Forum rules
POSTING FEEDBACK
You can post feedback via the forum. When you post a feedback, just ensure that your feedback goes to the right locality. That's it! Thanks for your support!
sinnedmal
GPS: Garmin 370

Re: Download & use Mapsource for your error reporting

#61 Post by sinnedmal » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Can anyone please help me?I need help to access the POI error reporting but do not know how?
Cna pm me the thread and how to do it properly. Abit too chaim for me to understand what you guys are doing. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :ko:

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#62 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:29 pm

sinnedmal wrote:Can anyone please help me?I need help to access the POI error reporting but do not know how?
Cna pm me the thread and how to do it properly. Abit too chaim for me to understand what you guys are doing. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :ko:
1) Open Mapsource and find the appropriate section.
2) Find the error you wish to report then use the "prt sc" (Print Screen) button. You may have to press (for laptop)
"fn" + "prt sc" at the same time.
3) Open your paint program (or similar) and paste into it. Use the drawing tools (eg lines, arrows, text etc)
to help you make the necessary report.
You may wish to cut out just the section you are highlighting to make your file smaller.
Cut out the section you want and paste into a new paint page and save as... into a folder you can easily find.
4) Next use a program like photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) and load it there. You'll have to create
an account with photobucket.

After loading your file into photobucket, press the img link and paste it into your "post a reply" page on MSM.
Pls have a look thru the Forum directories (old and new) to see if anyone tried to explain this with pictures.

Otherwise, you can always use the print screen function on your 370 (is that a nuvi no?) and extract
this file into your computer via USB cable and attach it to the post.

Is this along the line of what you are asking?

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

#63 Post by sabre23t » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:34 pm

aces wrote:... how can I combine the traffic cam file into the SG-map file to open in Mapsource ...
Which "traffic cam" file format did you try?
* GPI cannot be read in Mapsource
* GPX or GDB just open in Mapsource
* IMG need to use M3 (or similar) to install into Mapsource.
:-k
The world is MyMaps!

oasis
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 310

#64 Post by oasis » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:10 pm

Bros,

I have just install the Trainig center, mapsource and malsingmap, however when i open the application i only see the map of Borneo and Singapore but not the roads or POI as seen in the example on the 1st entry.

Can anyone help, cos i would like to request POIs for biopolis which is situated at Bouna Vista :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oasis

#65 Post by oasis » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:13 pm

Must i connect my nuvi when i open the Mapsource application?

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#66 Post by bartmp8 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:39 pm

oasis wrote:Must i connect my nuvi when i open the Mapsource application?
You only connect your Nuvi if you want to updoad or download something into it. Mapsource
is the application for you to see your downloaded/uploaded files, maps etc.

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#67 Post by Redstorm » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:30 am

oasis wrote:Bros,

I have just install the Trainig center, mapsource and malsingmap, however when i open the application i only see the map of Borneo and Singapore but not the roads or POI as seen in the example on the 1st entry.

Can anyone help, cos i would like to request POIs for biopolis which is situated at Bouna Vista :)
From what I see, you have not zoomed into the specific area that you want to see. Use the magnifying glass with the "+" "-" signs, at the top left hand corner, to zoom in or out to see the details. As for Biopolis, according to the latest map, it's not there. So, now is the chance for you to report the new POI (Biopolis) to have u earn your next unlock code. :D
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

oasis

#68 Post by oasis » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:53 pm

Redstorm wrote: From what I see, you have not zoomed into the specific area that you want to see. Use the magnifying glass with the "+" "-" signs, at the top left hand corner, to zoom in or out to see the details. As for Biopolis, according to the latest map, it's not there. So, now is the chance for you to report the new POI (Biopolis) to have u earn your next unlock code. :D
Yup that's what i intended to do , cos i work there. How do i report the POI? Any steps??

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#69 Post by Redstorm » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:48 pm

oasis wrote:
Redstorm wrote: From what I see, you have not zoomed into the specific area that you want to see. Use the magnifying glass with the "+" "-" signs, at the top left hand corner, to zoom in or out to see the details. As for Biopolis, according to the latest map, it's not there. So, now is the chance for you to report the new POI (Biopolis) to have u earn your next unlock code. :D
Yup that's what i intended to do , cos i work there. How do i report the POI? Any steps??
Pin-point the new POI and name it. After doing so, save the file and upload it later together with your new post when u report your new POI in the Sg Feeback of the Tracks, Waypoints & Feedbacks sub-forum.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

ozone9
GPS: GPSlim236-Nuvi 205W

#70 Post by ozone9 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:57 am

In Garmin download link its shows that MapSource software version 6.13.4 no longer supports Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows NT...is this true?
Is so,can sifu advise me or where can i get mapsource for Windows XP,preferably if u hv map for New Zealand(Routable)
Appreciate all help!!
Thanks