Download & use Mapsource for your error reporting

Post and upload your tracks, waypoints, error reports and feedbacks HERE (ADVANCED USERS)

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Forum rules
POSTING FEEDBACK
You can post feedback via the forum. When you post a feedback, just ensure that your feedback goes to the right locality. That's it! Thanks for your support!
avanza101
GPS: GARMIN Nuvi 205

Re: Download & use Mapsource for your error reporting

#211 Post by avanza101 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:58 am

SilverBeauty wrote:Bro avanza101

Download from this site : http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/agree.html

Take note the files are upgrade files. You will need original copy of mapsource installed in your PC in order to use these files.
Thanks Beauty! :mrgreen:
I tot latest v6.14.1 but why newer version (MapSource_691) is posted there as well? :shock:
Is it trial or paid version?
I downloaded Mapsource_6137 in exe file but not sure if it's full version or as what you mentioned earlier an updates only.

Thanks a zillion! :prayer:

Golagislow
GPS: GPS10x

#212 Post by Golagislow » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:14 pm

I've downloaded and installed mapsource 6.14.1 and tried to transfer recorded tracks from my HTC Touch Dual (MobileXT) for error reporting.

However, only waypoints and tracks were transferred and showing in the mapsource but the all-in maps are not shown. (I tick all the 4 items for transfer: maps, waypoints, route and tracks. The Mapsource only showing the base map. Read the manual and try to navigate the program but unable to find a way to install the all in map into mapsource. Please help.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#213 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Golagislow wrote:I've downloaded and installed mapsource 6.14.1 and tried to transfer recorded tracks from my HTC Touch Dual (MobileXT) for error reporting.

However, only waypoints and tracks were transferred and showing in the mapsource but the all-in maps are not shown. (I tick all the 4 items for transfer: maps, waypoints, route and tracks. The Mapsource only showing the base map. Read the manual and try to navigate the program but unable to find a way to install the all in map into mapsource. Please help.
Bro Golagislow, you had installed mapsource, but you did not install the malsingmaps mapsets. Go to our download section and download the latest Sept maps and run the .ext file. This will install the malsingmaps mapset into mapsource. After that, select this map as default.

Golagislow
GPS: GPS10x

#214 Post by Golagislow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am

SilverBeauty wrote:Bro Golagislow, you had installed mapsource, but you did not install the malsingmaps mapsets. Go to our download section and download the latest Sept maps and run the .ext file. This will install the malsingmaps mapset into mapsource. After that, select this map as default.
Mapsets as in the map installer? I can't contribute anything yet, how to get the latest Sept maps?

I read thru the forum again, then i download M3 and tried to creat new mapset.
1. can't create on 'GMAPSUPP.IMG' saying mot '99999999.IMG'.
2. then i tried to creat using my previous individual map. System took long time to compile.

Results for both actions: when I open Mapsource again, there is an error. can't open at all. When i delete the new mapset created? Mapsource working fine.

ktekng
GPS: Not available yet

#215 Post by ktekng » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi,
I followed the instructions and had MapSource installed in my PC. However I could not upload the Malsing Map in order to view its content. Please help.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#216 Post by bartmp8 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:41 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:Bro Golagislow, you had installed mapsource, but you did not install the malsingmaps mapsets. Go to our download section and download the latest Sept maps and run the .ext file. This will install the malsingmaps mapset into mapsource. After that, select this map as default.
Golagislow wrote: Mapsets as in the map installer? I can't contribute anything yet, how to get the latest Sept maps?

I read thru the forum again, then i download M3 and tried to creat new mapset.
1. can't create on 'GMAPSUPP.IMG' saying mot '99999999.IMG'.
2. then i tried to creat using my previous individual map. System took long time to compile.

Results for both actions: when I open Mapsource again, there is an error. can't open at all. When i delete the new mapset created? Mapsource working fine.
You can use the Installer for the Public Version for Mapsource. This version is almost
the latest (v2.30 - v2.30b being the latest). This version can be viewed in Mapsource
but you cannot transfer the map to your GPSr. You use this to find out what is in ans what
is not in the Latest Map.

Get it from HERE <--- Click

Edit: Looks like it was an old posting. Anyway, hope Golagislow found it.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#217 Post by bartmp8 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 pm

ktekng wrote:Hi,
I followed the instructions and had MapSource installed in my PC. However I could not upload the Malsing Map in order to view its content. Please help.
You must tell us what you mean by "could not upload".
Show us step by step what you have done so far.

minjiet
GPS: holux m1200

#218 Post by minjiet » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:25 pm

i'm from sitiawan, perak....i check the my-sin map...some taman n building name is incorrect, how should i report the error?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#219 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:28 pm

minjiet wrote:i'm from sitiawan, perak....i check the my-sin map...some taman n building name is incorrect, how should i report the error?

Bro minjiet, please help yourself by reading our wiki section thread " newbie pitstop ". The answer to your question is there. :tq:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... contribute

minjiet
GPS: holux m1200

#220 Post by minjiet » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:51 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:

Bro minjiet, please help yourself by reading our wiki section thread " newbie pitstop ". The answer to your question is there. :tq:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... contribute
hi, thanks for fast reply....

i want to make error report, but then after i click "Feedback: PRK-R - dynamix - Perak." it comes out nothing...

............................................................................................................................................................

anyway, i mark the error n update on sitiawan, perak area with blue flag, is that ok?

i attach the file here...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.