Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

POSTING FEEDBACK
You can post feedback via the forum interface or by using the Malsingmaps Garmin Webmap. Either way works for us. When you post a feedback, just ensure that your feedback goes to the right locality. That's it! Thanks for your support!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:46 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Ok. We can cross that out. :(

1. So this errors only occurs after you have update the maps? And it was fine before that? :-k

2. Have you update the software via Garmin website since you have received the set? :-k

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:00 pm 

GPS: Garmin 765
ace wrote:
Ok. We can cross that out. :(

1. So this errors only occurs after you have update the maps? And it was fine before that? :-k

2. Have you update the software via Garmin website since you have received the set? :-k

1. Yes error only occurs after update
2. Never update thru garmin website

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:06 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
1. You did a hard reset earlier on.....did you copy anything back into the nuvi after that?

2. Did you immediately try to do a routing after the hard reset as it is? And the error is still present?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:21 pm 

ace wrote:
1. You did a hard reset earlier on.....did you copy anything back into the nuvi after that?

2. Did you immediately try to do a routing after the hard reset as it is? And the error is still present?

1. Didn't copy anything back

2. Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Last question before I surrender.. :lol: :mrgreen:

Is this the first time you update the map, just recently?

Or you have update before and it was okay prior to this recent update?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 pm 

ace wrote:
Last question before I surrender.. :lol: :mrgreen:

Is this the first time you update the map, just recently?

Or you have update before and it was okay prior to this recent update?

This is the 3rd time I updated the map, the first time was fine , but I couldn't remember which version it was, no problems.

2nd time updated to MSM V5.39 , already have this problem so I thought it was just V5.39 then finally updated to V5.42 , still having the same problems.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:54 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
Did you backup the system files when you bought the unit ?

If so, delete all files in Root/garmin directory and see if this cures the problem

Can you replace the gmapbmap.img ( basemap ) from backup ?

If you put maps into SD card, try changing to another SD card and see if this cures problem ?

Something is not right in your set so we need to weed out the probabilities ....

The map is fine as no feedback of a similar problem from the rest of userss including myself ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:06 pm 

SilverBeauty wrote:
Did you backup the system files when you bought the unit ?

If so, delete all files in Root/garmin directory and see if this cures the problem

Can you replace the gmapbmap.img ( basemap ) from backup ?

If you put maps into SD card, try changing to another SD card and see if this cures problem ?

Something is not right in your set so we need to weed out the probabilities ....

The map is fine as no feedback of a similar problem from the rest of userss including myself ...

okay I will try to answer the queries one by one sequentially and clear any doubts that i have...

1. by backing up system files , u meant i should just copy and paste the entire Garmin Folder in main memory ?
2. after that delete the entire Garmin directory in main ?
3. i did replaced gmapbmap.img from backup.
4. my maps are all previously in main memory , i just recently bought a new SD card 2 days ago to try the advice from Jason i.e install V5.42 into SD card and delete any existing gmapsupp.img in main memory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:11 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
yongster7 wrote:

okay I will try to answer the queries one by one sequentially and clear any doubts that i have...

1. by backing up system files , u meant i should just copy and paste the entire Garmin Folder in main memory ?
I menat when set brand new out of box, did you backup all directories, including hidden files ( enable via windows ) No point backing up current files as they may be corrupted.

yes

Was this backup made when your set was virgin ? what is the size of the basemap. Mine is 50,500Kbytes

4. my maps are all previously in main memory , i just recently bought a new SD card 2 days ago to try the advice from Jason i.e install V5.42 into SD card and delete any existing gmapsupp.img in main memory.
try another SD card no harm la... for debugging purposes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:49 pm 

SilverBeauty wrote:
yongster7 wrote:

I menat when set brand new out of box, did you backup all directories, including hidden files ( enable via windows ) No point backing up current files as they may be corrupted.
Nope I did not backup all directories , infact I did not back up any files at all.
Having said that, the only file i have updated since i bought the Garmin was the gmapsupp.img file ( i.e replaced gmapsupp.img in main memory)

yes

Was this backup made when your set was virgin ? what is the size of the basemap. Mine is 50,500Kbytes
Nope this backup was made after I have updated the file.
The file size is 51.7 Mb

try another SD card no harm la... for debugging purposes
I only have 1 SD and it's a new one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next