Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

POSTING FEEDBACK
You can post feedback via the forum interface or by using the Malsingmaps Garmin Webmap. Either way works for us. When you post a feedback, just ensure that your feedback goes to the right locality. That's it! Thanks for your support!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:28 pm 

GPS: Garmin 765
okay gentlemen,

1. Root / Garmin directory was completely deleted as suggested.
2. SD card was installed with the latest V5.44 MSM 2012.

Same error persists...any more cures ?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:04 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
I suspect your basemap could be corrupted. As you did not backup, you will need to obtain a fresh file from another 765 unit. Is yours a localized or imported set ?

Are you free to meet at Subway inside Courts Tampines @2nd Level tomorrow 10am. I can transfer the basemap from my set and lets see if this cures the problem

PM me your name and cell# and we co-ordinate meet tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:31 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi760, 2465LM
Apparently Yongster7 is using a Mac to work on the files in the 765. I would suggest that you use a Windows connection and set the windows explorer to reveal all files (ie hidden and system files), then proceed to remove the Mac created hidden files (.Trash; .spotlight-v100 etc) EXCEPT .system from the 765 file folders, including those on the SD card.

Not sure above will help but it definitely prevented my 60CSx from becoming a super paper weight.

Bro Yongster7's case is odd as problems only surface on Singapore map and Malaysia side is working properly. :ko:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:01 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
chek wrote:
Apparently Yongster7 is using a Mac to work on the files in the 765. I would suggest that you use a Windows connection and set the windows explorer to reveal all files (ie hidden and system files), then proceed to remove the Mac created hidden files (.Trash; .spotlight-v100 etc) EXCEPT .system from the 765 file folders, including those on the SD card.

Not sure above will help but it definitely prevented my 60CSx from becoming a super paper weight.

Bro Yongster7's case is odd as problems only surface on Singapore map and Malaysia side is working properly. :ko:

:tq: Bro chek,

Thanks for the additional info.

It is very difficult to help if newbies do not tell us the full story. I have been advising people not to use the MAC when they are using legacy programs or gadgets designed for Windows to avoid unnecessary problems but who will listen?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi760, 2465LM
jasonlee wrote:
It is very difficult to help if newbies do not tell us the full story. I have been advising people not to use the MAC when they are using legacy programs or gadgets designed for Windows to avoid unnecessary problems but who will listen?

Yup, Bro Jasonlee, not until one has actually experienced the problems. For me, I'll use my old Windows machine when updating firmware, maps or cleaning up the various folders in the GPS even though the 760 and 2465 are somewhat fine when connected to a Mac, but seriously, I hate to see those Mac created hidden files in there. :)

Hope Bro Yongster7 will give this a try if he hasn't solved his problem. We will then see what else is available to tackle the issue. :gg:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:42 pm 

Thanks for all that have came out to help and offering advice..

I actually did described the full story , if anyone has been paying attention to the screenshots that I posted (it's in screenshots of mac) and also the words that I posted.

Well...to keep the long story short, I will try to keep u guys updated once I get hold of a pc and try to sort it out in windows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:53 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
yongster7 wrote:

I actually did described the full story , if anyone has been paying attention to the screenshots that I posted (it's in screenshots of mac) and also the words that I posted.

Well...to keep the long story short, I will try to keep u guys updated once I get hold of a pc and try to sort it out in windows.

Dear Bro yongster7,

I am sorry, I have never used a Mac and don't intend to so please excuse me for not being able to recognize a Mac screenshot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 pm 

jasonlee wrote:
yongster7 wrote:

Dear Bro yongster7,

I am sorry, I have never used a Mac and don't intend to so please excuse me for not being able to recognize a Mac screenshot.

No need for apologies , afterall , u and the rest of the guys here are just trying to help me out.

Appreciate all the help that I can get.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6