Error Reporting (1st timer mistake)

Post and upload your tracks, waypoints, error reports and feedbacks HERE (ADVANCED USERS)

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Forum rules
POSTING FEEDBACK
You can post feedback via the forum. When you post a feedback, just ensure that your feedback goes to the right locality. That's it! Thanks for your support!
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: Error Reporting (1st timer mistake)

#31 Post by bartmp8 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:52 pm

kelvin_maps wrote:Hi there,

The following temporary access road at Putra Heights have been sealed:

Thanks for all the feedback, while we are at it, maybe I can help you to do it the proper way
for future contributions:

Please post your feedback in the correct sub-forums. Posting it in this topic may cause your
contributions to be overlooked by the Mapper. The reason is simple, Each region of the map
is done by different Mapper.

Putra Heights for example is under KL-R so this should be submitted under one of these topics:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=41

Since you have Mapsource, attach a Waypoint (Waypoint Tools - flag symbol) on the location,
fill in the details and "save as ...". Find the gdb file and upload it as part of your feedback.

Goodluck

kelvin_maps
GPS: 60csx

#32 Post by kelvin_maps » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Noah wrote:Revision: 16207
Author: noah
Date: 14:46:07, 06 December 2010
Removed temporary access road in Putra Heights N2.99676 E101.56800 (kelvin_maps)
----
Modified : /sources/trunk/01300064-KlangValley.mp
:tq:

Thanks for the quick reply! :mrgreen:

kelvin_maps
GPS: 60csx

#33 Post by kelvin_maps » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 pm

bartmp8 wrote:Thanks for all the feedback, while we are at it, maybe I can help you to do it the proper way
for future contributions:

Please post your feedback in the correct sub-forums. Posting it in this topic may cause your
contributions to be overlooked by the Mapper. The reason is simple, Each region of the map
is done by different Mapper.

Putra Heights for example is under KL-R so this should be submitted under one of these topics:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=41

Since you have Mapsource, attach a Waypoint (Waypoint Tools - flag symbol) on the location,
fill in the details and "save as ...". Find the gdb file and upload it as part of your feedback.

Goodluck
Sorry about that...I noticed the sub-forum the day after. What I did was attached the gdb file containing the route instead of a waypoint.

Would the waypoint still be required for future corrections/contributions? Or either one as long as there's a gdb file?

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#34 Post by bartmp8 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:09 pm

kelvin_maps wrote: Sorry about that...I noticed the sub-forum the day after. What I did was attached the gdb file containing the route instead of a waypoint.

Would the waypoint still be required for future corrections/contributions? Or either one as long as there's a gdb file?

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:
You are doing well, improve each time you contribute. :good: A route (if it is not locked on road) is useful
where there are no road on the map yet. It is also useful for Mappers to fine-tune any existing roads if
needed. Attaching a waypoint will tell the Mapper where exactly to place the POI (if it is shop etc) or where
exactly to do the edit (X marks the spot).

NumberTWO
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 2465

#35 Post by NumberTWO » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi mappers,

just curious... will the feedbacks/error reported here be reflected in NTv5.xx as well as Garmin Mal/Sing 2011.xx map , both? Or it will just be reflected in NT v5.xx ?

miezarnd
Senior Mapper
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k

#36 Post by miezarnd » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm

NumberTWO wrote:Hi mappers,

just curious... will the feedbacks/error reported here be reflected in NTv5.xx as well as Garmin Mal/Sing 2011.xx map , both? Or it will just be reflected in NT v5.xx ?
Dear NumberTWO,

All submitted data in this forum will reflect in all MSM released maps (MSM NT v5.xx) and also for Garmin released map (201x.xx). The only difference is, v5.xx is updated every bi-weekly compared to 201x.xx.

Garmin release their maps (201x.xx) quarterly thus the data is quite old (ie 3 months back).

Let me make an example for MSM NT v5.33: MSM release the maps on 11 Dec 2011 but the data included in the release not necessarily taken from data you submitted on 10th or 11th of Dec 2011. The data are actually collected before 9th Dec 2011. Since we need to ensure all routings and configurations are correct before compiling, we might take a long time to do file processings which sometime would take about 2 days to rectify.

I hope you would understand the process of releasing MSM maps. Rest assured that your contributions will be included in next release if not in v5.33 and we really appreciate for your past and future contributions.
:tq:
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

NumberTWO
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 2465

#37 Post by NumberTWO » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Thanks for your clarification miezarnd...