KK GG

Discussions on our website, gatherings and other community issues.

Moderator: Moderators

tecrc
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Nokia 5800, Nroute + Lenovo S10-2 with built-in GPS

Re: KK GG

#21 Post by tecrc » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:10 pm

bartmp8 wrote: Bro tecrc,

Ok I'll wait for you. I should be in the shop (next to OSK Securities) same row as Hotel Indah.
Did I give you my phone no. when I met you last in KK? If not you can get from Anthonyvoo or
Keywest.

Bart
Ok Bro Bart, will do. Should probably be there by about late afternoon. Will Call u.
Bern... R u going east anytime soon? Let me know. Cheers guys.

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#22 Post by bernGPS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:29 am

I might be going to the "chin or the lower jaw" of the dog begining next month. You there than?

bernGPS
Senior Mapper

#23 Post by bernGPS » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:44 am

OK guys,

Due to time contraints, and other commitments by others members, I will be meeting cruiseantz of Friday 17/08/2007 at about 12.30pm in the Food Court in Kompleks Karamunsing. Other members are welcomed to join.

I have sms the details to those in the list earlier except zappy as the hp no he give is not in service.

tecrc
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Nokia 5800, Nroute + Lenovo S10-2 with built-in GPS

#24 Post by tecrc » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Yo guys, i won't be around this fri so have to be next time lah. Anyway, should be meeting up with Bart in SDK.
bernGPS wrote:I might be going to the "chin or the lower jaw" of the dog begining next month. You there than?
Bern, I dunno yet but can be arranged. See how it goes.

bernGPS
Senior Mapper

#25 Post by bernGPS » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:21 pm

Yea tecrc, lets play by the ear. Isnt there any member from the jaw of the dog? I saw one with a nick of Tawautan in the old forum.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#26 Post by bartmp8 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:48 pm

bernGPS wrote:OK guys,

Due to time contraints, and other commitments by others members, I will be meeting cruiseantz of Friday 17/08/2007 at about 12.30pm in the Food Court in Kompleks Karamunsing. Other members are welcomed to join.

I have sms the details to those in the list earlier except zappy as the hp no he give is not in service.

Dear Sifu BernGPS and Cruiseantz,

I am very sad that I won't be able to join you guys. I'll try to
give you guys a call at that time. Out of sight but not mind.
Have fun.

Bart

bernGPS
Senior Mapper

#27 Post by bernGPS » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:12 am

Looks like your hugh absence will be felt. See you next time.

bernGPS
Senior Mapper

#28 Post by bernGPS » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:42 pm

Sorry for the late report.

The last GG in KK (Karamunsing Complex Food Court) on 17/08/2007 was attended by 4 MSM members and 3 supporters of MSM. They are cruiseantz, Charles82, KeyWest and yours truely.

We almost had a youngest Golden tracker join us for that GG. You see, cruiseantz was late coming to the GG as he was pacing anxiously along the corridor of the hospital waiting the arrival of the youngest MSM Golden Tracker which signal its intention to join the GG by inducing a labour pain experienced by cruiseantz's BH. The baby was supposed to be due 2 days later. Fortunately it was a false alarm and cruiseantz was able to come and join us.

After lunch, the 3 MSM supporters (cruiseantz's family members) went off for some shopping while the 4 of us started with our GG. Charles seems quite new in all these and we tried to explain to him the finer intricacies of tracking and we also discussed a bit on the scenario of contribution for the East Malaysian Map.

Talk also turn to how the NUVI owners could be helped to contribute to the effort. As I have post a few times, I still think that these members could always help to trace the natural features like rivers, lakes or building polygons from Google Earth. A hands on demo was carried out to showhow easy it was to trace all these from the GE4.

The GG concluded 2.5 hours later.

P/S CONGRATULATIONS to Cruiseantz who has been promoted to the rank of AYAH last Sunday. Mother and Son are both doing well \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

cruiseantz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin 60csx, N82+10x, Maggellan Meridian Platinum Plus

#29 Post by cruiseantz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:08 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome from the Sabahan. Indeed it was a 'excitement' experienced throughout the new father's journey... Sure indeed, will pass down my knowledge to my junior asap hehe.
It is time for Mafia War!!!

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#30 Post by bartmp8 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:52 am

Dear Bro Cruiseantz,

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. All the very best to Baby and Mum.
Sorry I couldn't join you at the GG as I had to stay back in Sandakan bcos of
work. While you had your GG in KK, I met up with Bro Tecrc in Sandakan for a
brief chat. It turns out Bro Tecrc is more that what he lets out to be. He pretends
be a humble fertiliser saleman but he's a very knowledgeble person and bit of a computer wiz to boot. Anyway, I'm happy for you and your family, Bro Cruiseantz.

Best Regards,
Bart