Church/Sikh Temple/Mosque Watch

Discussions on our website, gatherings and other community issues.

Moderator: Moderators

Noah
Senior Mapper
GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465

Church/Sikh Temple/Mosque Watch

#1 Post by Noah » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Dear respected members,

By now you may have heard about the burning of four churches that has caught international attention.

Seorang Muslim yang benar tidak akan membuat kerja terkutuk seperti membakar Gereja kerana ia melanggar undang-undang Islam. It is a propaganda by you-know-who to undermine the muhibbah and understanding we have with our fellow Malaysians.

If you live nearby a Church please do watch for suspicious activity around the clock. Better still, point a webcam which records a still frame every 5 seconds or so. Preferably those with infrared capabilities that sees in the dark.

Lets show that in Malsingmaps, no one can divide us along religious lines.

Sincerely,
Noah
Hadi visits burnt Church.jpg
Hadi visits burnt Church.jpg (16.17 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Presiden PAS, Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang mengutuk sekeras-kerasnya perbuatan pihak tidak bertanggungjawab menyerang tiga buah gereja di Lembah Klang semalam.

Beliau memberitahu pemberita demikian selepas meninjau kerosakan bangunan gereja Metro Tabernacle di Wang Maju hari ini.

Malah, kata Abdul Hadi, sewaktu perang pun umat Islam dilarang memusnahkan tempat ibadat, "apatah lagi ketika kita hidup dalam aman".

Beliau ditemani timbalan presiden PAS, Nasharuddin Mat Isa. Mereka adalah antara pemimpin Pakatan Rakyat yang melawat bangunan gereja tersebut.

Dalam kejadian tengah malam semalam, pejabat pentadbiran di tingkat bawah bangunan gereja tersebut hangus terbakar.

Kerosakan tersebut sangat teruk sehingga mengakibatkan keseluruhan bangunan tersebut sudah tidak boleh digunakan lagi.

Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak pula dijadual melawat bangunan gereja itu pada jam 5 petang ini.
Last edited by Noah on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mappers wanted. Read this to get started. Payment = Recognition = Priceless.
We don't just build maps. We build relationships.

Follow our map updates on Twitter

naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
GPS: Samsung Note 2 :D

Re: Church Watch

#2 Post by naim » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Nasharuddin Mat Isa visited? I saw him on tv3 last week blasting the original High Court decision. What a blardy hypocrite! Well we all know who owns tv3 ... and utusan. :evil:
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my

Noah
Senior Mapper

#3 Post by Noah » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:21 pm

http://www.bakrimusa.com/archives/it-ha ... ch-najib-2
Najib was content to condemn the hooliganism from afar, and in the process found himself in an uncomfortably defensive position. He did not visit the damaged church until the next day, but not before he had launched his party’s People’s Champion campaign in preparation for the next elections. That was Najib’s priority.
This was a mistake. Najib should have visited the church immediately the day it occured. Not doing so gives the wrong impression to the rakyat.
The only UMNO leader who visited the damaged church right away was its Youth leader Khairy Jamaluddin. He conveyed genuine empathy; his condemnation and expression of sympathy were genuine and heartfelt, a welcomed change from the hollowness of Najib’s.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like KJ. I liked him since that poison book came out about him during an UMNO General Assembly and all he said was "He looks like me but isn't me".

During the aftermath of 9-11, there were many incidents of mosques being torched in the UK. What the British Government did then was despatch all available policemen to guard the mosques. Our government should do the same even if our police personnels are stretched thin. The government must be seen to do the right thing.

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#4 Post by bernGPS » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Some idiots damage but we have to fork out RM500,000 to help repair the damage. :thumbsdown:

ajay
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W

#5 Post by ajay » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:56 pm

this is not islamic at all, & there's no proof that it's done by muslims.

btw any true muslim shouldn't care what non-muslims call god becoz it doesn't affect their faith at all.
ask not (just) what malsingmaps can do for you
ask what you can do for malsingmaps (also)

Noah
Senior Mapper

#6 Post by Noah » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 pm

I concur, Ajay.
Allah (Arabic: الله‎, Allāh, Turkish: Allah, IPA: [ʔalˤːɑːh] ( listen)) is the standard Arabic word for God.[1] While the term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God, it is used by Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, in reference to "God".[1][2][3] The term was also used by pagan Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

#7 Post by naim » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Allah, Brahma, Yahweh, Elohim, Jehovah, The Chief Kahuna ... same cool dude, different branding.

pakmat_tempe
GPS: nuvi 200w,205

#8 Post by pakmat_tempe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 am

naim wrote:Allah, Brahma, Yahweh, Elohim, Jehovah, The Chief Kahuna ... same cool dude, different branding.

different brands, different concepts and beliefs. In Islam, Allah has no son and wife.

Noah
Senior Mapper

#9 Post by Noah » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:31 am

To each his own. In Islam, we don't throw firebombs to make a point either.

naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

#10 Post by naim » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Actually the Christian concept of trinity points to monotheism too, so too the 'many' gods/deities in Hinduism. Akin to Islam's Allah and the 99 names. So in my book, same dude, but in different dimensions. Not worth firebombing anybody for sure. :mrgreen: