GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#181 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:55 pm

XR250Dude wrote:I'm just back after a significant abscence, my map version was V2.29! on my 60csx. I also have a Streetpilot III (circa 2006) using Data Cards, a relic which still works. None of these support newer functions like Junction view or Lane assist.

I have figured out how to update my 60csx and I would appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction as to how to update my Streetpilot iii.

Thanks.

Unfortunarely, Street Pilot III is incompatable with all of the new NT formatted maps :cry:

XR250Dude
GPS: 60csx
Streetpilot III

#182 Post by XR250Dude » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 am

Hello, thanks for the tip! I'm still not ready to give it up yet :-). Which is the latest non NT MSM that may work with it? and where could I look for it? Thanks a bunch.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#183 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:46 pm

XR250Dude wrote:Hello, thanks for the tip! I'm still not ready to give it up yet :-). Which is the latest non NT MSM that may work with it? and where could I look for it? Thanks a bunch.
The last one suitable for use on your set is pretty old and outdated. PM Bro Wsian if you want to access the archive for a copy.

bent01
GPS: HTC

#184 Post by bent01 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi there, im new here.
just wonder can my phone htc touch pro install GPS software? if so, does it charge to my (data) bill if i turn the gps on?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#185 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:27 pm

bent01 wrote:Hi there, im new here.
just wonder can my phone htc touch pro install GPS software? if so, does it charge to my (data) bill if i turn the gps on?

Depending on what OS it runs on, GPS software can be installed or it might already be preloaded with one.
Some GPS software preloads map into phone memory letting it run independently while others have to use data with on-line maps ... others can use both ...

excalaver
GPS: garmin nuvi

#186 Post by excalaver » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 am

Hi, i seem to be having a problem with my Garmin Nuvi. It was bought in Australia been using it for a few years and now I am in singapore. I have downloaded the latest map the .60 version. It locates satellite and has the singapore map shown and everything. The only thing wrong is that the street numbers does not show up when searching. For example if i key in 40 Changi North Crescent, it will search only Changi North Crescent. It does not include the number.

bruggers
GPS: Garmin

#187 Post by bruggers » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi - I am very new, I have a Zumo 660 (Software 4.5), bought in Europe. I tried to follow the steps, downloading the files etc... and going to the Garmin Website to get the UNL code. But after I submit, I always get the error nessage "on no! parsererror".
Can you help me with that?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#188 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:41 am

bruggers wrote:Hi - I am very new, I have a Zumo 660 (Software 4.5), bought in Europe. I tried to follow the steps, downloading the files etc... and going to the Garmin Website to get the UNL code. But after I submit, I always get the error nessage "on no! parsererror".
Use our MSM 5.60a NT map which don't need unlock code. Download from our download thread link :
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 47#p200047

bruggers
GPS: Garmin

#189 Post by bruggers » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:03 am

SilverBeauty wrote:
bruggers wrote:Hi - I am very new, I have a Zumo 660 (Software 4.5), bought in Europe. I tried to follow the steps, downloading the files etc... and going to the Garmin Website to get the UNL code. But after I submit, I always get the error nessage "on no! parsererror".
Use our MSM 5.60a NT map which don't need unlock code. Download from our download thread link :
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 47#p200047
Thanks a lot. :tq:

Same Question as "Exclaver": What about block/house numbers?

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#190 Post by Zeus73 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 pm

excalaver wrote:Hi, i seem to be having a problem with my Garmin Nuvi. It was bought in Australia been using it for a few years and now I am in singapore. I have downloaded the latest map the .60 version. It locates satellite and has the singapore map shown and everything. The only thing wrong is that the street numbers does not show up when searching. For example if i key in 40 Changi North Crescent, it will search only Changi North Crescent. It does not include the number.
bruggers wrote:Thanks a lot. :tq:

Same Question as "Exclaver": What about block/house numbers?
Address search don't really work currently.

Try search by POI (Points of Interest) instead.