The passing of a dear friend and comrade..... Rickvon

Discussions on our website, gatherings and other community issues.

Moderator: Moderators

GPSPowered
Regular
Regular
GPS: Authorised Garmin Retailer at Digital Mall, PJ.

Re: The passing of a dear friend and comrade.....

#61 Post by GPSPowered » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Me too....Please post detail here.

Thanks, Kelvin.

muzz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#62 Post by muzz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:34 pm

though never met him personally, i feel that we know him from his postings since the old days of malsingmaps. especially about 'wawas'.
a great loss to our community.
rest in peace brother. condolences to his family and loved ones.

ecms
Regular
Regular
GPS: Authorized Dealer for Garmin GPS and Surefire Flashlight.
Location: KL, PJ, Setia Alam, Klang, Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia

#63 Post by ecms » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Few years ago I met him in Motorcycle Sale Center ( MSC in PJ ), that time he is riding a Honda ST1100, I still remember he like Alfa Romeo a lot, he put a Alfa badge into his ST1000. We chat a lot about bikes and riding. We never ask each other name, but we chat so happily.

In this year I met him again in Sportbike Service Centre, this time he change his bike to BMW. This time we chat a lot about 60CSx.

He is a nice guy, what a lost in MSM and also our bike world.

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Biker brother ride steady and safety.

Edward :cry:
Edward-ECMS One Stop Garmin GPS, Tramigo tracker & Surefire flashlight station.
H/P:-012 2389908

sivanya
GPS: Garmin GPS 10x + GMXT with Treo650 Palm OS

#64 Post by sivanya » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:28 pm

Reading all the posts here Bro Rickyvon surely is a special kind of guy.
My heartfelt condolence to his family and loved ones

chek
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi760, 2465LM

#65 Post by chek » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:46 pm

One of Rickyvon's earlier postings was in MSM's Official Networking Thread in Sep 06 - http://www.malsingmaps.com/oldforum/mod ... 9419#49419 where he wrote:
-----
"Gee I just stumbled onto this thread after 2 months of going thru the forum! Can I still catch the bus? Ya winkles

Am I also the oldest member here? Will be 56 in November. That's a couple of months away (BBQ anyone? Liz? haha!) An engineer by profession but now retired.. sort of.. running a one-leg-kick-all business to keep me occupied. Spent my entire career working in power plants the last being in the coal/gas/oil-fired TNB plant in Kapar.

GPS was a just a side interest until I found this forum.. and saw the now 17,000 members here and I thought to my myself, OMG! Where have I been all this while?

Varied interests all my life. Bikes of course as can be seen from my avatar but would you believe that I also used to moonight as a qualified hair-stylist? heh heh!

Btw my mugshot is in one of the pics I uploaded recently under My Uploads. I'll buy coffee (no beer, its bad for your health!) to the first guy who can identify me there!"
-----
Sigh, life is fragile and soooo unpredictable.. :(
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x

#66 Post by jaguar » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:03 pm

I know he is 'old' but young at heart... And we still teased him ... look at his old post in Loy Kratong in Thailand :wink:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/oldforum/mod ... 8438#58438

What a pal....
Look on the bright side ya? :muak:

poortraveller
GPS: Nuvi 310

#67 Post by poortraveller » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:11 pm

gosh ... his knowledge on thailand route is super. took some advice from him too .... sigh ....

God bless

Shah
GPS: Dopod 900 + BT338

#68 Post by Shah » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:28 pm

Hope I'm not that late to offer my heartfelt condolence to his family and loved ones.
I'll miss his postings & photos which I enjoy very much.
RIP - Amen

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x

#69 Post by jaguar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:30 am

just spoke with Simon. He said that Rickvon is cremated in Thailand. As embassy is closed today. Will get a flight back by tomorow night. He will post details later. I roughly got it that it will be at Nirvana Memorial services or something... from Saturday.

I will go extend my BH's passport tomorrow quickly and make a day driving trip and probaly arrive there Sat afternoon.

Stay tuned.
Look on the bright side ya? :muak:

ZashiaQSharr
GPS: Garmin

#70 Post by ZashiaQSharr » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:47 pm

First of all, I would like to say thank you so very much, you who have touched his life in so many diverse ways, and you who remember him for the good times. He was my very favorite uncle, I will always remember him in that one moment of his life that captured his very essence in me and my sister's eyes forever:

I remember sitting on the sofa with my sis watching MTV in the living room, and he walks in the door, then sees us watching MTV and jumps on the sofa, plopping himself down hard, and starts chanting... "J.Lo! J.Lo! J.Lo!" and me and my sis look at him like he's crazy. But that's who he was, a crazy fella who did everything on a spur of the moment, and lived life to the very best extent that he could. It's a lot more than I could say for a majority of us, he LIVED. He was happy, he led a very fulfilling life, and just somehow he got called back. No offense to those who aren't of the faith, but I do believe that he was called home to God for some other purpose (think of it as a promotion by the admin from forum user to moderator ho ho ho)

Once again, thank you, for all your kind words, and I'm truly amazed and touched at the response that you have given amidst such a tragedy. Although, he might be grinning away, giving the thumbs up sign, having a great time, wherever he is, and I know he wouldn't be the kind of person to let someone get away with being sad about his death for too long. Because that's just who he is.