Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

Do you agree?
Poll ended at Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:03 pm
YES 89%  89%  [ 493 ]
NO 11%  11%  [ 64 ]
Total votes : 557
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:07 pm 

GPS: 2 units of Garmin 60csx
Good idea !

The only way to make Malsingmaps better.

:good:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:08 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200, Gamin Mobile XT in HTC TyTN II
I don't care much about the money. The mappers, the directors can take them all if they want, for without their efforts plus other contributions from the community, the MalSingMap won't be a reality.

My utmost concern is, what will change and what will be the direction of malsingmaps after this?

Will malsingmaps continue to be free? (with current conditions such as 2 contributions to get the unlock code).

If there will be two versions, which one will be the most updated and more detailed. According to Bill Gates, the commercial ones will always be better. The future directions of MalSingMaps should also be stated clearly. I want to vote, possibly for 'Yes', but I need more information. Please help... Coz when money is involved, ideas and opportunities commonly get bigger and bigger and... at the end of the day, we surrender everything for the sake of money. From another point of view, money gives us some advantage and power too... If the future direction of MalSingMaps is stated clearly from now, I think it is better for the whole community.

If I may suggest, some portion of the money may be used to buy some tracking equipment. Members who are willing to contribute, but do not have tracking device like me may rent the device (My idea is like book renting). I do not agree for the idea to distribute the money to every member. That will do less good and perhaps more evil.

For me, I am here to contribute and to take. Money is not what I want (to take) here. I want to contribute because it hurts me much when places where I live, work or born are missing something in the maps. I am taking back in form of free maps coz I enjoy have a complete guide with me which can suggest good restaurants wherever I go. What a good bargain!

I just bought my Nuvi for less than two months. Just do not tell me that in near future, I will have to buy either the map or the licence too. Aparts from that, it is a strong YES.

Last edited by ayozzhero on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 pm 

GPS: Garmin NUVI 200 and Kenwood KNA G430
My opinion only,

Having inquiry from a MNC about Malsing map is our pride. Definately a good indicator that the mapper and also the contributor has done a great job for the past few year.

However, setting up a newco and run Malsings as a business entity may create other problem among the community. Anything to do with money may have an adverse effect later , and may even hurt Malsingmaps.com later. The handling of this issue should be consider extensively.

Bravo Malsingmaps.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:14 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: GPS60Cxs, GPS60Cx, Nuvi 200
I totally agree to the project but as for the Clause B, I would agree libra6868 for giving out as charity and put no chance for ownself profit as this might interest some parties for their ownself benefits (maybe not now, but will be later) which eventually defeat the purpose of MSM. So i would strongly agree for charity use of the balance. School, old folk homes, ophanage or even library will be a good choice as that will promote the company as a non-profit company that may lead to some benefit to the company. (some taxation exemption of things like that). (I have limited knowledge about this, might need a accountant and lawyer to discuss about this, when it comes to the time of forming a company.)...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GPS: SIRFstar III
tuah wrote:
What's the contributors status - do they have to pay for the license fee?

No change to current Malsingmaps.com.
As said, the extra setup is to provide channel for company / organization who wish to use (license) our map in their product.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:28 pm 

GPS: Holux M-1000
absolutely agree with bro ayozzhero. my only concern will be the direction of malsingmaps after this.
I'm a newbie here, I'm pound to been here because malsingmaps is a non-profit community, everyone here make contribute to our map especially the mappers.... Anyway, should we declare our future direction before everyone vote.

sorry for the broken language :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:32 pm 

GPS: Garmin nuvi 610
just wondering, the official mappers must have sunk in their own costs like buying software eg. cgpsmapper.
is it possible for them to get some form of reimbursement?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:35 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Garmin LegendC
Nokia E65 + Mobile10x
primus2211 wrote:
Hi Folks,

2-cents from a newbie, the $$$ from the licensing probably would be best utilised in the following priority?

1. Purchase of software and necessary equipment for further advancement of Malsingmaps?
2. Token fee for the admins and directors who has to put up with the various troublemakers (e.g. myself)?
3. Charitable contributions

YEA in favour!

This is an area where doubts and disagreement will arise. I reiterate that we will not allow individual claims from anyone including mappers and the MD :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:36 pm 

GPS: HP iPAQ 6515
This is a good news for malsingmaps. :good: BUT this also worried us because shall we pay for the map license also in future? Will the malsingmaps continue to be free for members with contributions like now?

When this become a business and related to money, a lot of thing need to be considered. Will the directors still have enough attention on handle Malsingmaps.com well? Money should be manage carefully.

Me same like bro ayozzhero, I enjoy the map when I contribute and it hurts me when the place I live missing in the maps.

I vote for YES :thumbsup: Good job Malsingmaps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:38 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Garmin LegendC
Nokia E65 + Mobile10x
ayozzhero wrote:
I don't care much about the money. The mappers, the directors can take them all if they want, for without their efforts plus other contributions from the community, the MalSingMap won't be a reality.

My utmost concern is, what will change and what will be the direction of malsingmaps after this?

Will malsingmaps continue to be free? (with current conditions such as 2 contributions to get the unlock code).

If there will be two versions, which one will be the most updated and more detailed. According to Bill Gates, the commercial ones will always be better. The future directions of MalSingMaps should also be stated clearly. I want to vote, possibly for 'Yes', but I need more information. Please help... Coz when money is involved, ideas and opportunities commonly get bigger and bigger and... at the end of the day, we surrender everything for the sake of money. From another point of view, money gives us some advantage and power too... If the future direction of MalSingMaps is stated clearly from now, I think it is better for the whole community.

If I may suggest, some portion of the money may be used to buy some tracking equipment. Members who are willing to contribute, but do not have tracking device like me may rent the device (My idea is like book renting). I do not agree for the idea to distribute the money to every member. That will do less good and perhaps more evil.

For me, I am here to contribute and to take. Money is not what I want (to take) here. I want to contribute because it hurts me much when places where I live, work or born are missing something in the maps. I am taking back in form of free maps coz I enjoy have a complete guide with me which can suggest good restaurants wherever I go. What a good bargain!

I just bought my Nuvi for less than two months. Just do not tell me that in near future, I will have to buy either the map or the licence too. Aparts from that, it is a strong YES.

Malsingmaps will remain the same. We will still run as a community.

The newco is a separare entity with different objective. It is more of an offshoot than a replacement for the current community structure. If we have the mandate to go ahead and it doesn't turn out to the satisfaction of Malsingmaps members, we will fold up newco in 18 months.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next