Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3062
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#761 Post by bartmp8 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:39 pm

Derek G wrote:Hey guys, just found the site and I'm hoping to learn how to use my Garmin edge in japan.

Thanks for all your hard work and advice!

Derek
:welcome: to our Forum, may I direct you to a little light reading to understand us better:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 22#p134222

bomia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 pm
GPS: Nüvi 1300
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#762 Post by bomia » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi all,

I am using Garmin Nuvi 1300LM. hope to learn more here

User avatar
sonnyoh
Qualified Mapper
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:36 am
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Location: Selangor
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#763 Post by sonnyoh » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm

bomia wrote:Hi all,

I am using Garmin Nuvi 1300LM. hope to learn more here
Hi and :welcome: to MSM.
Feel free to browse our Wiki page for more information.
http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... =Main_Page

taemurz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:29 am
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 1410
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#764 Post by taemurz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:51 am

Hi All

I am a new member to this fantastic forum. I am married to a Malaysian lady and she is about to go back to Malaysia to visit the family and I will join her shortly. I've been looking for up-to-date maps for Malaysia for days now and I did find some fairly up-to-date .img files but never managed to import them into MapSource no matter what tricks I tried (yes, including M3 :shock: ).

Anyways, to cut the story short, I found THIS forum and it saved my a lot of hassle. Just downloaded the latest maps and enjoying planning a tour round Malaysia when I arrive :peace:

Thanks for the forum team :rokz:

cheers

Zak

User avatar
sonnyoh
Qualified Mapper
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:36 am
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Location: Selangor
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#765 Post by sonnyoh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 am

taemurz wrote:Hi All

I am a new member to this fantastic forum. I am married to a Malaysian lady and she is about to go back to Malaysia to visit the family and I will join her shortly. I've been looking for up-to-date maps for Malaysia for days now and I did find some fairly up-to-date .img files but never managed to import them into MapSource no matter what tricks I tried (yes, including M3 :shock: ).

Anyways, to cut the story short, I found THIS forum and it saved my a lot of hassle. Just downloaded the latest maps and enjoying planning a tour round Malaysia when I arrive :peace:

Thanks for the forum team :rokz:

cheers

Zak
Hi Zak, :welcome: to Malaysia and MSM.
Feel free to browse our Wiki page for more information.
http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... =Main_Page

User avatar
eddy_duyung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:25 am
GPS: Nokia 5800 Express Musix
Location: N 02 17.472' E 104 06.389'
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#766 Post by eddy_duyung » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Hii to all MSM Senior...Thx for your hard work to built a full useable MAPS for Malaysia,so i'm a newbie here,still reading and learning on how to be a contributor to you..Thank You Very Much to all senior and contributor here..
We Need Maps..So We Gave the Track...Tracking using Nokia 5800XM

sablimator
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:58 am
GPS: Nuvi 2565, GPSMAP 62sc
Location: Petaling Jaya
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#767 Post by sablimator » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:02 am

Hi Seniors. Good job in filling malaysian road in your maps and glad to help to give feedbacks.

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3062
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#768 Post by bartmp8 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:50 am

sablimator wrote:Hi Seniors. Good job in filling malaysian road in your maps and glad to help to give feedbacks.
eddy_duyung wrote:Hii to all MSM Senior...Thx for your hard work to built a full useable MAPS for Malaysia,so i'm a newbie here,still reading and learning on how to be a contributor to you..Thank You Very Much to all senior and contributor here..
Hi guys, :welcome: to MSM. There are a few pages you should read to make your learning curve less steep.

Pls begin with the first post of this topic and proceed to the Newbie Guide in Malsingwiki :wink:

Stephanie Lim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:32 pm
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 1350 GPS Navigator
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#769 Post by Stephanie Lim » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi guys, it's Stephanie here!

New to the forum so I'm looking to learn from all the seniors here as well. =D>

I'm currently using Garmin Nuvi 1350 but I'm getting lazier after I installed Waze on my Galaxy S2 (bought from Lazada recently) so it's feels kinda wasted.

Did any one of you replaced your GPS device with an app on a smartphone?

:rokz:
Last edited by Stephanie Lim on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bernGPS
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3369
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx
Location: Sabah & Sarawak
Contact:

Re: Newbie Saying Hello to MSM [Post your HELLO here] Part 2

#770 Post by bernGPS » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Stephanie Lim wrote:Hi guys, it's Stephanie here!

New to the forum so I'm looking to learn from all the seniors here as well. =D>

I'm currently using Garmin Nuvi 1350 but I'm getting lazier after I installed Waze on my Galaxy S2 so it's feels kinda wasted.

Did any one of you replaced your GPS device with an app on a smartphone?
Welcome stephanie to this site.

The short answer to your question is NO.

Why? I can find my favourite cha kuey teow place inside and I cant change the name of a road that is wrongly named. Worse of all, the accuracy sucks and its sucks the battery like nobody's business. So I stii prefer a standalone GPS for my positional and navigational needs.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests