Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 pm 

GPS: None
Hi all,

My Garmin is about to croak (nuvi 1460) after buying from Perfect Watch and then getting a refurbished after having problems with the battery. I am looking for another Garmin and went to SLS but do not see Perfect Watch anymore. Did they move to another location? If they are no longer around, any suggestions on reputable gps stores?

I am looking at getting the 2465 or the 2565 and wanted to hear if there are any pros/cons from current owners/buyers. It appears the functionality is more or less the same though screen size is bigger than the other one. I wonder why the 2565 doesn't have bluetooth to connect your mobile phone?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:10 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
liual wrote:
Hi all,

My Garmin is about to croak (nuvi 1460) after buying from Perfect Watch and then getting a refurbished after having problems with the battery. I am looking for another Garmin and went to SLS but do not see Perfect Watch anymore. Did they move to another location? If they are no longer around, any suggestions on reputable gps stores?

I am looking at getting the 2465 or the 2565 and wanted to hear if there are any pros/cons from current owners/buyers. It appears the functionality is more or less the same though screen size is bigger than the other one. I wonder why the 2565 doesn't have bluetooth to connect your mobile phone?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Perfect Watch is still around at ground level of SLS, near to the escalator. I have the 2465 and it is among the best I have owned so far. Satellite logon is extremely fast.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm 

GPS: GPSV (ret), 10X + PDA (ret), Nuvi 200, Vista HCx, 60 CSx, Nuvi 765 & Oregon 550
Hi,
Can anyone describe here what does it mean by "Garmin AP Set"? Is "AP" different from Original? I searched the forums but could not find my answer.
Thank you
Marry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:08 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
marryjonesxyz wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone describe here what does it mean by "Garmin AP Set"? Is "AP" different from Original? I searched the forums but could not find my answer.
Thank you
Marry

AP is generally a term used in Handphones. In GPS speak we have Localised Versions and others.
Even then Localised units only has a difference in certain units of NUVIs. Handheld on the otherhand
are unaffected whether its Localised or not-localised.

Certain units of Localised NUVIs are needed to show Junction Views when using the Garmin MY/SG CN or
MSM NT 2012.xx format maps. This is how Garmin protects its local interest. For our case, Localised means
a unit designed for and sold to Malaysia/Singapore and Brunei markets. If you bought a Nuvi from Taiwan or
US, you'll still be able to use all the Garmin Maps but you won't see junction View when you're using MY/SG
maps. If your Nuvi model doesn't support Junction View then it makes no diff whether you bought it here
or in Timbaktu.

Handhelds like Oregon, HCx, 60 CSx etc ate not affected because it doesn't support Junction View to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:11 am 

GPS: garmin nuvi 255w
hi a very newbie question. I heard of junction view but do not understand how it works. Hoope someone could explain to me here and i could decide to get one with junction view in future.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:27 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765
explorers_23 wrote:
hi a very newbie question. I heard of junction view but do not understand how it works. Hoope someone could explain to me here and i could decide to get one with junction view in future.

Thanks.

if you buy garmin gps from malaysia and singapore you will have jcv.

how jcv works is actually depending on contribution from people. so if lets say if you need to turn left, if there is a jcv on that place, it will show you to turn left on your gps with a picture on the right hand side (half screen)...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:34 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
explorers_23 wrote:

Thanks.

Junction View was a feature where the GPS device will attempt to replicate the next turn off via a graphic / picture illustration of actual junction on your GPS display. So if you are on a highway and the road sign says “Exit xxx”, your GPS will display a similar sign picture on the display screen letting you known that is where you need to go. See Picture example

Attachments:
223485a.jpg
223485a.jpg [ 141.48 KiB | Viewed 2055 times ]

Post subject: GPS to Buy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:41 pm 

GPS: Garmin GPS 12, Garmin eTrex30
I have used Garmin G1000, GPS 12 (yea...old one). :wink:

Just bought Garmin eTrex 30 in Singapore

Is there anybody using this model?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am 

GPS: Garmin 50LM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a Garmin Navigator to be use in Malaysia. Any recommendation ? Can i go for the basic spec nuvi 50LM ? :-k Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:35 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
cute_kitty305 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a Garmin Navigator to be use in Malaysia. Any recommendation ? Can i go for the basic spec nuvi 50LM ? :-k Thanks

Any of the Nuvi models including the 50LM should be fine for your use in Malaysia and Singapore.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next