Updated Jerome Wee Map?

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

antisocial
GPS: nil

Updated Jerome Wee Map?

#1 Post by antisocial » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:35 am

Hi friends!

just brought a 200W from IT show last week, brought it from eastgear because it is preloaded with Jerome Wee map.

wondering is there an updated version? I'm still very new and learning how to contribute!!!

Cheers!

Warmest Regards,
Alex Yang

ahbahari
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 200 v3.4; eTrex Vista HCx + PC mobile Re Radiating antenna

Re: Updated Jerome Wee Map?

#2 Post by ahbahari » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:46 am

antisocial wrote:Hi friends!

just brought a 200W from IT show last week, brought it from eastgear because it is preloaded with Jerome Wee map.

wondering is there an updated version? I'm still very new and learning how to contribute!!!

Cheers!

Warmest Regards,
Alex Yang
Well... if you really want to know the exact date, just pm him la.... :wink: :wink: . Joking only ye...
I think he is buzy. Just be patience. Surely the latest map wil be out soon
BTW please update your GPS profile :thumbsup:
Come on Gunners..

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT

#3 Post by SOSweet » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:08 pm

ahbahari wrote:Well... if you really want to know the exact date, just pm him la.... :wink: :wink: . Joking only ye...
I think he is buzy. Just be patience. Surely the latest map wil be out soon
BTW please update your GPS profile :thumbsup:
Bro ahbahari, I doubt our bro here can get the updated maps from Jerome, cos he didn't really pay for it, it came preloaded. Only bro jerome can enlighten us on this issue. :-?
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercises & Good Deeds

jchoong
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: 2575 + 40LM

#4 Post by jchoong » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:23 pm

Jerome's latest map is V3.72 released on June 6. Since you got your map free, I think it is only fair if you become a donor member to get future map updates. Small $ to pay for an excellent map.

bringit
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200

#5 Post by bringit » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:41 pm

Hello,

I also bought my Garmin Nuvi 200 from the PCshow but from Merdeka Audio. I believe its also running Jerome Wee's Map as it has his name in there.

How do i know which version of his map I am running? All I can see from the Map Info under settings is as follows.

Gpsmappers
[1] Malaysia-Singapore
Gpsmappers
[1] Malaysia-Singapore

Both of them has a checkbox next to them.

I read somewhere in this forum that gpsmappers are somewhat related to this forum. So are these maps from Malsingmaps.com?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#6 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:51 pm

bringit wrote:Hello,

I also bought my Garmin Nuvi 200 from the PCshow but from Merdeka Audio. I believe its also running Jerome Wee's Map as it has his name in there.

How do i know which version of his map I am running? All I can see from the Map Info under settings is as follows.

Gpsmappers
[1] Malaysia-Singapore
Gpsmappers
[1] Malaysia-Singapore

Both of them has a checkbox next to them.

I read somewhere in this forum that gpsmappers are somewhat related to this forum. So are these maps from Malsingmaps.com?
Jerome is malsingmap mapper for Singapore-Johor region. He also has his own website with his maps which have a little more detail. You will need to be a donor to obtain his maps.

Why don't you check with the vendor on the map version or you can contact Jerome quoting your unit ID via PM here or via his website at
Link : http://gpsmaps.jwpixs.com/

Better still bring your unit to the GG where we can help you determine the version
Link for GG date, time and venue : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10200

jchoong
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: 2575 + 40LM

#7 Post by jchoong » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:55 pm

I suspect the maps that are preinstalled in your Nuvis are Malsingmaps - unlocked version; not Jerome's donor maps (those from his website). An easy way to verify is zoom-out of your map and select Melaka. Zoom-in, and if you can see details, then it is Malsingmaps. On the other hand, if there are no details, then it is Jerome's maps (covers Spore and Johore only).

bringit
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200

#8 Post by bringit » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 am

jchoong wrote:I suspect the maps that are preinstalled in your Nuvis are Malsingmaps - unlocked version; not Jerome's donor maps (those from his website). An easy way to verify is zoom-out of your map and select Melaka. Zoom-in, and if you can see details, then it is Malsingmaps. On the other hand, if there are no details, then it is Jerome's maps (covers Spore and Johore only).
Hello,

I tried looking at Melaka and I do see roads and other information. Is it normal to see Jerome's name with a copyright sign next to it in the malsingmaps? I checked the date created info in my Garmin and it says April 28 2008 or something like that so I am not sure if its a locked April version that has been unlocked by Merdeka Audio before selling it.

Map info doesn't say version number at all. I called Navicom Technology Pte Ltd, whose warranty card is in the box that came with the Nuvi, and they said that if I load a map that isn't from them and something happens, warranty will not cover it. In fact, I think the warranty might be voided too. They told me their maps were last updated in Sept 2007 but I dun think we are talking about the same maps.

I'm beginning to suspect that Merdeka Audio has loaded in Malsingmaps w/o the knowledge of Navicom. I'm not sure if I should update the maps since this might void the warranty. How does the Garmin International Warranty work? Does mine come with it?

Over at the PC show, Merdeka Audio (MA) kept on saying that they are the only authorised dealer but when I checked the Garmin website, there are 5 authorised dealers located in Singapore. I'm starting to doubt the integrity of MA.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#9 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 am

bringit wrote: Hello,

I tried looking at Melaka and I do see roads and other information. Is it normal to see Jerome's name with a copyright sign next to it in the malsingmaps? I checked the date created info in my Garmin and it says April 28 2008 or something like that so I am not sure if its a locked April version that has been unlocked by Merdeka Audio before selling it.

Map info doesn't say version number at all. I called Navicom Technology Pte Ltd, whose warranty card is in the box that came with the Nuvi, and they said that if I load a map that isn't from them and something happens, warranty will not cover it. In fact, I think the warranty might be voided too. They told me their maps were last updated in Sept 2007 but I dun think we are talking about the same maps.

I'm beginning to suspect that Merdeka Audio has loaded in Malsingmaps w/o the knowledge of Navicom. I'm not sure if I should update the maps since this might void the warranty. How does the Garmin International Warranty work? Does mine come with it?

Over at the PC show, Merdeka Audio (MA) kept on saying that they are the only authorised dealer but when I checked the Garmin website, there are 5 authorised dealers located in Singapore. I'm starting to doubt the integrity of MA.
Hi Bro bringit, to start off, please edit your profile to include your country of origin. Makes it easier for other members to help you. :thumbsup:

To avoid this warranty "issues" move the maps should be in main memory /garmin move it to SD card /garmin. If send for warranty, just remove SD card.

Any manufacturer will inform you that warranty will be void if you do not use it own or authorized software. This is industrial standard.

As to your question, if it is msm map, you should be able to see the details. Try zooming in to less than 100M
If it is Jermoe's maps then his map only covers Sin-Johor. Anything further north will be void of details.

Why don't you call/visit Merdeka to iron out the confusion ?

We have a coming gg at Botak Jones Toa Payoh, you are welcome to join us
Link for Date/Time/Venue : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10200

aman5555
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W

#10 Post by aman5555 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 am

Hi same as Alex, just bought a Nuvi 200w. I am new and completely clueless on this GPS and the instructions in the box is no help at all. I actually found out how and what charger to use in thsi forum. Now the next challenge is how to update and cotribute if I can. Any pointers on the right route please?

Thanks
Aman