Loading MSM into NUVI Part 1

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

9W2CBL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 200 (US Version)
Nuvi 255W (TWN Version)
MobileXT (V5.00.30)

Re: How to upload map into the device

#41 Post by 9W2CBL » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi fizzysoup,

sometimes one has to be patient in order to get yourself a benefit. if you do in a hurry then cause will be your fault, not the others fault. Is because you do it in a hurry manner

Pay some time to get yourself familiar with place/thing/forums that is not familiar to you or you never being before, then you will be wise. Believe me!

Welcome more of your contribution to get the map better in future!

Cheers!
The real problem is not whether machine think but whether men do!

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: How to upload map into the device

#42 Post by bartmp8 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:26 pm

fizzysoup wrote:Bro low4 or anyone else, can you provide a ling to 2008 July maps, as I can't see it anywhere :ko: :ko:
Its ok, everyone have their own pace of learning. The only thing is that you are willing to learn.
Please click on this July 2008 Map

kon
Regular
Regular
GPS: nuvi 750

Re: Help me to choose this [Full, Partial & None]

#43 Post by kon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:44 pm

sorry to hijack this topic... for a nuvi... what difference does it make if we were to select Full, Partial, or None?

I know the instructions say Partial - i'm just curious why the 'difference' for different Garmin units...

:tq: :tq: :tq:

9W2CBL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 200 (US Version)
Nuvi 255W (TWN Version)
MobileXT (V5.00.30)

Re: Help me to choose this

#44 Post by 9W2CBL » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:11 pm

exz8 wrote:absolutely
:tq:
seem like forum become like a chat room for you! good luck! make sure you guide others also.
The real problem is not whether machine think but whether men do!

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: Help me to choose this [Full, Partial & None]

#45 Post by bartmp8 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:12 pm

kon wrote:sorry to hijack this topic... for a nuvi... what difference does it make if we were to select Full, Partial, or None?

I know the instructions say Partial - i'm just curious why the 'difference' for different Garmin units...

:tq: :tq: :tq:
When you choose FULL for Nuvi, the roads will turn out "skinny" while the recommended
PARTIAL will give you fatter roads which is ideal for the larger nuvi screen. Why don't
you try partial and full. No harm will come to your nuvi. Just a matter of graphics afaik.

owyong
GPS: Garmin nuvi 360

Really beginner first time using GPS

#46 Post by owyong » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi all folks,
i m just bought an Garmin GPS from USA, i hv no experience b4 to use use GPS, i m seeking for help to give me tutorial for all the procedures including how to load the malaysia map into the gps..

thx :-?

9W6VX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSX

Re: Really beginner first time using GPS

#47 Post by 9W6VX » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Read the FAQ and wiki and you'll get lots of info.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
73 de 9W6VX

seancorr
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W

Maps into Garmin Nuvi 200W memory

#48 Post by seancorr » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi there, I just got a UK spec Nuvi 200W with preloaded maps of UK & Ireland and I've included the free Malsing maps (20MB img file) into the same directory folder as the UK & Ireland maps and the Map Info shows 2 same Malaysia & Singapore maps as well as UK maps. Is that normal? Am still in UK so the 200W is showing where I am now and if I go back to KL and switch it on, will be display the Malaysian map? If it doesn't, can you tell me what should I do to switch from UK to Malaysia map? The Nuvi user manual is just some small piece of paper showing a quick start guide and does not show how to switch maps between countries. Thanks in advanced for yr help guys =]

low4
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Dopod_D810 + GMXT.
Nuvi 650,
Holux m241

Re: Maps into Garmin Nuvi 200W memory

#49 Post by low4 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:20 am

seancorr wrote:Hi there, I just got a UK spec Nuvi 200W with preloaded maps of UK & Ireland and I've included the free Malsing maps (20MB img file) into the same directory folder as the UK & Ireland maps and the Map Info shows 2 same Malaysia & Singapore maps as well as UK maps. Is that normal? Am still in UK so the 200W is showing where I am now and if I go back to KL and switch it on, will be display the Malaysian map? If it doesn't, can you tell me what should I do to switch from UK to Malaysia map? The Nuvi user manual is just some small piece of paper showing a quick start guide and does not show how to switch maps between countries. Thanks in advanced for yr help guys =]
If your Malaysia & Singapore maps are installed properly, then you got no problem to view it when you return to KL and the GPS signal is fixed with you device.
:thumbsup:
岂能尽如人意,但求无愧吾心。- 刘四

anakafsel
GPS: garmin

Re: Map Replacement

#50 Post by anakafsel » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm

got the latest malsing map on, but wenever i try to search address,,,,it keeps on askin me to enter STATE, i tried selangor/kuala lumpur/malaysia/singapore.....nothin works!!

help please!!!