My method of installing Mapsource is much simpler...or is it?
- Make a Folder in C:\ called Garmin. (C:\Garmin)
- Copy and paste the Mapsource_verXXXXX.exe (any version) into the above folder.
- Copy a file, any file will do into the C:\Garmin folder and rename the file Mapsource.EXE
- Run Mapsource_verXXXXX.exe
- When you click Finish an error will flash on screen. Just ignore it. You have not install any map into Mapsource yet and hence the error prompt.
- Exit Mapsource and install MSM map and restart Mapsource to see your beloved MSM map displayed.
Tips:- Mapsource installation looks for the file Mapsource.exe in C:\Garmin if not found it will abort. So, the above copying and renaming is to fools
it to "Think' there is a previous installation of Mapsource in your computer.....