Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:20 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:54 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 1350
Dear sootoon..

Thank you for the great guide..

:prayer: :prayer:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:29 am 

GPS: GMXT on Nokia E90 (firmware 210.34.75) via Internal GPSr.
bige wrote:
Dear sootoon..

Thank you for the great guide..

:prayer: :prayer:

Great to know that you find it useful.

Actually, I created this thread partly as a reminder for myself. It is just an attempt to include as much useful links as posible for Newbie like us.

Cheers,
ST

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:22 pm 

GPS: GMXT on Nokia E90 (firmware 210.34.75) via Internal GPSr.
Added FREE Routable Basemap (item 2) and Free Topo map (item 7).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:45 am 

GPS: Garmin eTrex Vista
Quote:
Yes, original SD card is needed to use the internal GPSr. You might want to perform a Google-search to learn more on this.

Hi Sootoon,

Great to read this . but i;'m using N95 8GB which do not have the SD card slot. How can i install the GMXT into my built in 8GB memory ? :-?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:42 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Treo650+MobileXT+GPS10; VistaC; 60CSx-7units
sootoon wrote:
Let me qualify myself... I'm a user of GMXT (short for Garmin Mobile XT) running on Nokia E90 Communicator.

Soo Toon, can you do address search on your E90? I couldn't do it on my friend's E90.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:45 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Treo650+MobileXT+GPS10; VistaC; 60CSx-7units
feihong6670 wrote:
but i;'m using N95 8GB which do not have the SD card slot. How can i install the GMXT into my built in 8GB memory ? :-?

Feihong,
I think you've read this answer at another thread;

It may be possible to install MobileXT on the N95 (i.e. by first installing everything using the Garmin installer into another SD card and then copying the Garmin folder from that SD into the N95).

To make N95 8GB become an external drive at a PC, press logo connect at the phone, and select Tools > USB. Select USB mode and choose Data transfer— to transfer data between your device and a compatible PC.

As pointed out by badrol, such installation can only work by using a Garmin GPS such as Garmin GPS10 or GPS10x since the N95 8GB doesn't have an SD card slot to use the legal Mobile XT SD card.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:32 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 260W
i have managed to get the garmin mobile xt to use the internal gps. Now the problem is with the map. i ma using Nokia E71, i downloaded the jan 2008 free map (symbian ver) and loaded it into the garmin folder of my phone Micro sd card. when i load the program, the map is black and it says no map. However when i got to settings> About> Content, i see all the name of the contributors.

Can someone guide me in the right direction pls?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:27 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 205
"Piano-Black" Edition
sungod666 wrote:
i have managed to get the garmin mobile xt to use the internal gps. Now the problem is with the map. i ma using Nokia E71, i downloaded the jan 2008 free map (symbian ver) and loaded it into the garmin folder of my phone Micro sd card. when i load the program, the map is black and it says no map. However when i got to settings> About> Content, i see all the name of the contributors.

i had the same problem after my 1st installation on my n95 8gb.. the solution was i had to be in satellite coverage i.e. out of my house to get a full signal, and it automatically zoomed into where i was, and the map is showed. the next time i run the software, it'll show me my last/current location. hope this helps. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:48 am 

GPS: Nuvi 1350
sungod666 wrote:

Dear sungod666..

You need to get an initial satellite lock. Then.. your GPS will pin-point your location on the map. From then on.. every time you connect to GPS, the map will show.

How to get the initial satellite lock? hmm.. all I can say is.. you cannot be under/inside building. give it a try.. \:D/ \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:39 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 255W
sungod666 wrote:

Don't know whether this may help. I also spent hours trying to see the map. Finally I turned off the phone (N95 8GB). Turned on the phone again and it immediately locked on to the satellites and showed my position on the map.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next