Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: New user
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:06 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Garmin Nuvi200
oskyldu wrote:
So how i'm going to play this thing. Please help......... cos i need it for my job also.
Thanks.

3 options:

1. buy the SD card version to be used with your receiver
2. buy Mapking and use MSM Mapking map
3. buy Garmin PND

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:44 am 

GPS: Garmin
Hello,

May I know if I already have a phone with built-in GPS, do I still need software like Garmin Mobile TX?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:24 am 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android
Yes. Unless your PDA phone came included with its own navigation software.
Then you'll be asking if our maps here are compatible with it. In general no, unless its Garmin compatible or can use our Mapking format here.

Post subject: Re: New user
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:08 am 

GPS: garmin nuvi 200 pink
nokia E65 & E51 + holux M-1000 + GMXT
u got PM...... :thumbsup:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/siokae0422
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lomosiokae0422

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 am 

GPS: GPS Module
Hi Seniors

I have downloaded "GarminMobileXTforSymbianS60_41060.exe" and going to transfer it to my N95 via data cable. After transferring and loading the maps, is it workable immediately with N95's internal GPS? Or do I need other steps?

Thx!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:49 am 

GPS: HOLUX
oskyldu wrote:
I have install GarminMobileXTforSymbianS60_42020 in my Nokia N73, but when i try to pair with my GPS Receiver HOLUX M1000 it alway can not be connect. is there any step i miss ?

Thanks for yours help.

Moving to "Newbie Lounge" from "Smartphone" forum. -sabre23t

any suggestion what software i can use in my N73 with HOLUX M1000 ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:03 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nokia, iPhone, Garmin and up to 10 Hz NMEA driven. Lastest Nuvi 2565LM with GDR10.
geoyeomh wrote:
Hi Seniors

I have downloaded "GarminMobileXTforSymbianS60_41060.exe" and going to transfer it to my N95 via data cable. After transferring and loading the maps, is it workable immediately with N95's internal GPS? Or do I need other steps?

Thx!!!

You need to buy a Garmin GPS receiver, the Garmin GPS 10X for this program to work. It will not work with your N95 built-in GPS as it is. Alternatively if you are using N95 and not the N95 8G you can purchase this program in an original Garmin micro-SD card, in which case this GMXT in Garmin micro-SD Card will work with your N95 GPS, not the downloaded version. Garmin do not have a Mobile XT program that work as is with the N95 8G.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:44 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: Dopod_D810 + GMXT.
Nuvi 650,
Holux m241
oskyldu wrote:
I have install GarminMobileXTforSymbianS60_42020 in my Nokia N73, but when i try to pair with my GPS Receiver HOLUX M1000 it alway can not be connect. is there any step i miss ?

Thanks for yours help.

any suggestion what software i can use in my N73 with HOLUX M1000 ?

Normally, the free SW is only workable with pairing to Garmin 10X,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59 am 

GPS: E71
HI to all Sifu...im very new in this forum and hope all sifu can guide me. actually i just got my Nokia E71 very excited to find out more about GPS,i a first timer using GPS since my E71 have 3months FREE using Nokia Maps after that i have to pay...so i prefer using Garmin mobile XT run Malsing maps for my Nokia E71 as i know running GPS on Garmin without paying any GPRS cost..My question is;
1) How and what Garmin Mobile XT version to install to my Nokia E71 and step by step..

2)If i go oversea or in US and i have a New York Maps in my E71 can i still used it there???

3)I been told we also can used GPS to inform and remind us about SPEED STRAP??HOW acccurate??

4)Where i can find to download all the countries Maps thats i may using it...

Hope all Sifu here can guide me all my question here because i not familiar in GPS espeacially for my Nokia E71... :tq:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:36 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
steve_tbb wrote:
HI to all Sifu...im very new in this forum and hope all sifu can guide me. actually i just got my Nokia E71 very excited to find out more about GPS,i a first timer using GPS since my E71 have 3months FREE using Nokia Maps after that i have to pay...so i prefer using Garmin mobile XT run Malsing maps for my Nokia E71 as i know running GPS on Garmin without paying any GPRS cost..My question is;
1) How and what Garmin Mobile XT version to install to my Nokia E71 and step by step..

You can only use GMXT if (a) you use Garmin's 10X BT GPS receiver or (b) you have an
original MXT SD card

2)If i go oversea or in US and i have a New York Maps in my E71 can i still used it there???

GPSr are like your cars. If you can run on Shell's petrol, you can run on ESSO's petrol too
however, you must run on petrol i.e Garmin platform maps

3)I been told we also can used GPS to inform and remind us about SPEED STRAP??HOW acccurate??

Yes its true. We have various GPI files in community maps for such functions. Accuracy good
enough unless you want to use it to calibrate the world land speed record or something

4)Where i can find to download all the countries Maps thats i may using it...

Again, if you are using MXT, you may use all maps as long as its on the Garmin Platform.
For Garmin compatible maps see Newbie Guide to looking for Garmin Maps other than MSM

Hope all Sifu here can guide me all my question here because i not familiar in GPS espeacially for my Nokia E71... :tq:

No need ALL Sifu :mrgreen: I hope i've been of some help to you.

The answers in Blue.

Let me suggest you look in our Newbie Pitstop. There are other progs you can try besides MXT.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next