Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am 

GPS: E71
HI! BARTMP8..THKS for your response and answer my problem...anyhow why yesterday i go Low Yat Plaza actually thinking to purchase a Garmin Micro SD FOR MY e71 but one of d shop told me he can help me to download all the Garmin software and together with all Maps i want like MAPS Malaysia,singagpore ,HongKong,USA and Speed strap software all this only cost me about RM150 .

I ask him how do i need to use Origanal Garmin Micro SD he said can purchase normal micro SD will do...and the rest he will do for me...
:-? :-? :-?

He also told me all the Maps very latest one lor...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:06 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Most of the maps are probably free....

But he wants you to pay for it. It is up to you... the money is yours, if you think it is more worthwhile to pay for maps that are free rather than donate to more worthwhile charity.

But please don't come here and complain if you have problem with the maps. Go back to him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:14 pm 

I thought all Maps have to pay...even cost a lots...why u say is free :ko:

Pls explain more detail because i very new in GPS ma...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:17 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: 2575 + 40LM
Stolen = Free!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:28 pm 

HMMM :nutz: ....i know what you try to say...so not consider free la...BUT how to get this all stuff??

Anyway can someone share with me if now you are using Nokia E71 especially running all GPS...HOW effeciecy...

Anyone E71 user ????

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:20 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
steve_tbb wrote:
HMMM :nutz: ....i know what you try to say...so not consider free la...BUT how to get this all stuff??

Anyway can someone share with me if now you are using Nokia E71 especially running all GPS...HOW effeciecy...

Anyone E71 user ????

I think most Nokia E and N series are basically the same when it comes to GPS. Instead of waiting for
some user of E71 specifically coming to your help, why don't you be pro-active and search the forum
for posts discussing Symbiant based phones. Try under Smart phones. Use the "search" button on the
top right hand corner of this page.

Did you go see Newbie Pitstop as I as I asked you to? There are other ways to skin a cat you know.
Try this (Sorry I don't use Phone/BTGPS so I hope this is an option)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:50 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 200W, Nokia N78
SIngapore.
You may try to read from here,
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11542

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:04 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nokia, iPhone, Garmin and up to 10 Hz NMEA driven. Lastest Nuvi 2565LM with GDR10.
steve_tbb wrote:
anyhow why yesterday i go Low Yat Plaza actually thinking to purchase a Garmin Micro SD FOR MY e71 but one of d shop told me he can help me to download all the Garmin software and together with all Maps i want like MAPS Malaysia,singagpore ,HongKong,USA and Speed strap software all this only cost me about RM150 .

I ask him how do i need to use Origanal Garmin Micro SD he said can purchase normal micro SD will do...and the rest he will do for me...
:-? :-? :-?

He also told me all the Maps very latest one lor...

This person in this shop at Low Yat Plaza is a pirate. What he offered you are stolen goods from both Garmin Inc and Malsingmaps. The whole irony of it all is that Malsingmaps is as good as FOC and still he want to steal it and sell it to you. Like any software, GMXT can be pirated, however, it is a matter of time before Garmin do something to their later releases and probably you would be struck with the pirated version this pirate sells to you for Rm150 when newer version of GMXT are released. GMXT cost just US$99, respect and knowledge the hard work put in by Garmin to design this great software for us to use and help pay their bills by buying this US$99 software and stay away from shops resort to stealing to fill their pocket. I use the download version and bought a GPS 10x.

Visit Malsingmaps.com often especially between now and Hari Raya. This site is about to offer a great Hari Raya present to any of her member to use her latest map without any string attached. With this map, once you have purchased your micro-SD card from Garmin with the GMXT installed, you do not need to pay a single sen more to use maps for the whole of Malaysia and Singapore henceforth.

Using the Nokia E71 with GMXT is great, however, as you learn more and get use to using GPS for your daily navigation needs, I have no doubt that you will eventually switch to a dedicated GPS machine as really, phone are great for the occasional use establish or re-confirm one position, but they have their limitations which you will no doubt find out in due course. They are an excellent place to start as the additional outlay is low and the performance is almost as good. If you drive, you would need a hands-free cradle to mount your E71. You can buy this from any IT/GPS shop but please stay away from shops that resort to piracy to enrich themselves. Let the more honest shops do your business.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:37 pm 

Thks Taipan :tq: with your answer i clearly understand what difference with stolen and original.But Garmin mobileXT for Symbian can be download from anywhere like some article which they patse in,it means free original software or OEM???
How to download step by step to my E71?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:39 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nokia, iPhone, Garmin and up to 10 Hz NMEA driven. Lastest Nuvi 2565LM with GDR10.
steve_tbb wrote:
Thks Taipan :tq: with your answer i clearly understand what difference with stolen and original.But Garmin mobileXT for Symbian can be download from anywhere like some article which they patse in,it means free original software or OEM???
How to download step by step to my E71?

The same is true for the Symbian version of the software. In fact the micro-Sd card from Garmin has all the versions in one card, WM, Symbian S60R2, S60R3, etc.... The download will work with the GPS 10X whether it is installed onto a WM PDA or a Symbian phone. Like I said earlier, software protection can be breached but that doesn't mean it is right to use it. Physical lock is just one form of protection of one's property, and then there is also the Laws and one's respect for it. Each of us has our own yardsticks. The maps from this site, while almost FOC, are also the subject of many of these thieves and some even repackaged them to sell with their product making a small additional profit in the process as you have no doubt discovered. We, as a community think such acts are despicable and we, as a community do not encourage nor provide assistance to our members to commit such acts. However, what one does on one's own is within one's own conscience and it is none of the business of the community.

Some may argue that they just want to try out the product first to establish if it is worth the sale price. Sounds fair as there are so many different software claiming to do the same. For this I believe Garmin MXT allow a free trial period, according to our DrT. He has published a step-by-step way to achieve this somewhere here. Go look for it to make your evaluation before deciding to buy or not to buy.

Last edited by taipan on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next