Help Me Find this Address - Address Search on MSM

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: where should i seach the place?

#251 Post by bartmp8 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:58 pm

I wouldn't worry about 1&2 appearing twice. That is not the problem.
Do you see what is happening here? You essentially have 3 maps
of the same area. If you don't uncheck 2 out of the 3 maps, how
do you expect your GPSr to follow instructions? It's like having
3 bosses tell you how to do 1 job, 3 ways. Who you gonna listen to?

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: 6210 Navigator

Re: where should i seach the place?

#252 Post by mnd_43 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:11 am

jskc3390 wrote:my map info

1) MSM MYSG V3.05
[1] Malsingmaps.com 2009

2) MSM MYSG v3.05
[1] Malsingmaps.com 2009

3) Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2009.5
[1] MSM

4) City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT v4.02
[1] SGP_MYS_NT_TA200809_JCV

please advice...unmark means better? Why i have 2 some map loaded (1 & 2)?? :ko:
copy the map into sd card, will the device reading the sd card map? will the device faster if i copy the other map to sd card and just left MSm V3.05 in device?
I heard from my agent, 255w junction view will only work will NT2009 only....MSM V3.05 no junction view...is it true?
I call the agent today, he told me to update the device firm will solve the problem...wonder true or not.. :-?
For your info ... MySg 255W junction view will works with MSM NT 2009.5 only ...
however it will works too with City Navigator V4.02 but the maps are outdated !.
please unchecked all other maps ...

U must update your Nuvi to the latest firmware V2.70 to get your MySg255W work properly !
http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/sg
If u dont see V2.70 updates pls try clearing your cache !

:D ... JCV only works at certain places only like Penang , KL , JB n Singapore .
:D ... de 9W2BPN

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: Tengkil Johor

#253 Post by bartmp8 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:50 pm

clamshred wrote:Hi. Apologies in advance if this is outside the normal brief for this forum but...
does anyone know where Tengkil is/was in Johor? I can find Sungai Tengkil on tourist maps and Google but can't get much further than that. I am specifically looking for Kampung Tengkil which in 1943 was on the bank of Sungai Tengkil and near an abandoned tin-mining camp. It was about 30 km north west of Kota Tinggi. There was a narrow gauge mining railway running from a place called Kuala Sisek to Kampung Tengkil. My guess is that Tengkil is at the end of Jalan Lombong J 171 which Google Maps (the old faithful) shows as a cleared area. My interest is because an uncle of mine (Australian soldier) died there in 1943 while evading Japanese patrols and was buried near Tengkil. Any thoughts gratefully received.
Using Google, I find 3 Tengkil - Sg Tengkil in Johor (which you found) and another is Bukit Tengkil.
Another is a small Malaysian town in the Sepang district of Selangor that lies between Cyberjaya
to the north and Salak Tinggi to the south.

Have you tried this?

http://www.awm.gov.au/research/people/

kenl
GPS: nokia 5800

Re: Help Me Find this Address - Address Search on MSM

#254 Post by kenl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 pm

after reading 21 pages of this thread, i still cant find solution to my problem.

i am using unlocked version of the MYSG M'sia S'pore Borneo v3.04 map on my GMXT. I had my satellite locked on already. I wanted to search for a address in Miri, Sarawak.

I go to address search\malaysia\spell city. but none found. I tried all other cities in Sarawak and seems like all cities and street names in Borneo cannot be found.

If i use 'search all cities', it's still the same. none of borneo city can be found. in the list of the cities, only those in peninsular m'sia are listed.

However, in view map, my location is correctly display. it showed all street names and POI in miri.

can anyone advise solution to this?

bartmp8
Senior Mapper

#255 Post by bartmp8 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:11 pm

kenl wrote:after reading 21 pages of this thread, i still cant find solution to my problem.

i am using unlocked version of the MYSG M'sia S'pore Borneo v3.04 map on my GMXT. I had my satellite locked on already. I wanted to search for a address in Miri, Sarawak.

I go to address search\malaysia\spell city. but none found. I tried all other cities in Sarawak and seems like all cities and street names in Borneo cannot be found.

If i use 'search all cities', it's still the same. none of borneo city can be found. in the list of the cities, only those in peninsular m'sia are listed.

However, in view map, my location is correctly display. it showed all street names and POI in miri.

From what i deduce (you only have 2 posts so far), you are probably using a crack version of our map.
(I am not accusing you of anything, just trying to help). Pls PM Sifu Wsian or Adil, ask them nicely for
an unlock code to use our latest and fully functional map.

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#256 Post by Zeus73 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 pm

kenl wrote:after reading 21 pages of this thread, i still cant find solution to my problem.

Hmm... Where did you get the unlocked version of the MYSG M'sia S'pore Borneo v3.04 map from? :-k

Btw, MSM MySin and Borneo comes in 2 separate IMG files. If you need to merge them, please read this.

9W6VX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSX

#257 Post by 9W6VX » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:16 pm

I see that you are running GMXT.

I assume that you have separate img files for north borneo and pen. Malaysia and Singapore.

Make sure that borneo is named gmapsup2.img and MY/SG is named gmapsupp.img

Let us know if it works.

On my E71 with GMXT, my Borneo maps must be named gmapsup2 failing which the address search will not work.

Weird eh?

Try it.
73 de 9W6VX

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#258 Post by dvpro » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:34 pm

9W6VX wrote:...
On my E71 with GMXT, my Borneo maps must be named gmapsup2 failing which the address search will not work.

Weird eh?

Try it.
I can confirm this issue is peculiar to GMXT (both MySin and Borneo IMGs joined using Mapsource, as well as using GMapTool), and I did the same method as a workaround (using separate MySin and Bormeo IMGs in GMXT). BTW, no problems using the same joined maps (with the appropriate codes, of course) in Nuvi.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

9W6VX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSX

#259 Post by 9W6VX » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 pm

kenl,

Looks like your problem is solved..............
73 de 9W6VX

kenl
GPS: nokia 5800

#260 Post by kenl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm using the combined img file. so, there's no seperate file for Borneo...how ler?