Loading MSM into NUVI Part 2

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: Latest Map Update

#21 Post by Redstorm » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:56 am

muhd_izzaaz wrote:hi bro rosman.. i just bought a nuvi205.. comes preloaded with jerome maps.. ive read.. 'THIS' alot of times and am still not to sure.. so how can i have maps with the block number and all.. what if i dont contribute? means i can never get an updated map? seriously, i didnt know updating this gps will be quite a hassle.. need ur views and help.. if possible.. we can meet for kopi and u can teach me bro.. :cry: :tq:
Jerome's map of Sg should show the physical location of all the HDB blks. If u want to see the blk nos. in your device, please zoom in to the maximum and the blk number should appear. Jerome's map covers only Singapore and Johor and I dunno what is the term and condition for using his maps when your bought your Nuvi 205. For those who made a donation to him, we are given a permanent unlock codes for all future release of his maps. In your case, I would suggest you visit his website at http://gpsmaps.jwpixs.com/ to enquire about your case. For malsing maps here, there is a free version 2.50 dated Feb 08 and it is good enough to get you started and u need to make at least 2 contributions towards error and/or POIs in order to qualify for unlock codes for the latest version of the map - v2.30.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Rosman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Nüvi 710, Nüvi 200W, GMPC on Q1U with 10x, GMXT on N6110, Omnia and Innov8

Re: Latest Map Update

#22 Post by Rosman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:45 pm

muhd_izzaaz wrote:hi bro rosman.. i just bought a nuvi205.. comes preloaded with jerome maps.. ive read.. 'THIS' alot of times and am still not to sure.. so how can i have maps with the block number and all.. what if i dont contribute? means i can never get an updated map? seriously, i didnt know updating this gps will be quite a hassle.. need ur views and help.. if possible.. we can meet for kopi and u can teach me bro.. :cry: :tq:
Hi bro muhd izzaaz,

There are 2 versions of Singapore map from Jerome.

One of them is the one you found here, he is one of the mapper here. These maps are free (I consider 2 contributions as free) and I think your pre-loaded map is from here.

The other one, which have HDB blocks and numbers, is as mentioned by Bro Redstorm. You'll have to make a very small donation for a lifetime of updates. Please remember, it is very hard work making the map.

If you wants to meet up, I've only got the time tonight. I'll be back to Indonesia tomorrow.
Save the Earth. We have nowhere else to go!

kgraja
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 205

Map still locked

#23 Post by kgraja » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi,

I'm still a newbie here. Need help. I've already contributed and already receive the unlock code.After installing the latest map v2.30gold, I did open Mapsource but the map details are still locked. How to solve this?

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: Map still locked

#24 Post by Redstorm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:54 pm

kgraja wrote:Hi,

I'm still a newbie here. Need help. I've already contributed and already receive the unlock code.After installing the latest map v2.30gold, I did open Mapsource but the map details are still locked. How to solve this?
You still need to unlock the map in mapsource. Click on "Utilities" at the top and "Unlock Map" to go thru the process of unlocking it. Thanks.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

spyro
GPS: GARMIN 205W

Re: HOW DO i download the Mpas to my GPS Garmin etrex Legend???

#25 Post by spyro » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:54 am

Hi,

I m very new here n i wud like to dl the maps to my nuvi205w. i had followed the instructions - copy the file into a SD card. But when i load my SD card into my nuvi set, i cant find the maps inside?!

Did i do it correctly? or do i hv to install any thing first? Pls help, i m hopeless :P

Thanks!
Last edited by bartmp8 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from HOW DO i download the Maps to my GPS Garmin etrex Legend???

FauSham
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi, Garmin Legend Cx

Re: HOW DO i download the Mpas to my GPS Garmin etrex Legend???

#26 Post by FauSham » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 am

spyro wrote:Hi,

I m very new here n i wud like to dl the maps to my nuvi205w. i had followed the instructions - copy the file into a SD card. But when i load my SD card into my nuvi set, i cant find the maps inside?!

Did i do it correctly? or do i hv to install any thing first? Pls help, i m hopeless :P

Thanks!
In SD/Micro Memory card...... you must create dir name \garmin and copy gmapsupp.img there.
If you want more map in your device, just combined all map using sendmap or read WIKI to do that....
... but you must have only one file name gmapsupp.img

.......gmapsupp.img must sit in garmin directory in your memory card.
FauSham @ MalSingMaps
Haiyaa....kita talak sesat aneymorrr...

BigBonedBen
GPS: united kingdom

malaysia map installation onto garmin nuvi for beginner??

#27 Post by BigBonedBen » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 pm

hi guys,
i've spent my entire morning trying to make sense out of the stuff posted here, but i'm afraid i'm just another beginner trying his luck.
well my story goes like this, i bought a garmin nuvi 250 from the uk (with pre-installed uk and european map), and am now trying to load a malaysian map onto it, how can i go about doing so?
- i've obtained an east malaysian map from http://maps.three15.org/download.html, downloaded a software called mapsource 6141 from garmin main site.
question 01: where can i download a full malaysia map??
quesiton 02: how do i open it using mapsource?
question 03: i've got a sd card. how do i transfer the malaysian map onto my garmin? without erasing my original uk map? (cause alot of warning are being given out here that original map will be wiped off)
question 03: how do i get it to work on my garmin nuvi?

any tips and hints given will be very much appreciated.
thanks very much.

low4
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Dopod_D810 + GMXT.
Nuvi 650,
Holux m241

Re: malaysia map installation onto garmin nuvi for beginner??

#28 Post by low4 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:57 pm

BigBonedBen wrote:hi guys,
i've spent my entire morning trying to make sense out of the stuff posted here, but i'm afraid i'm just another beginner trying his luck.
well my story goes like this, i bought a garmin nuvi 250 from the uk (with pre-installed uk and european map), and am now trying to load a malaysian map onto it, how can i go about doing so?
- i've obtained an east malaysian map from http://maps.three15.org/download.html, downloaded a software called mapsource 6141 from garmin main site.
question 01: where can i download a full malaysia map?? HERE
quesiton 02: how do i open it using mapsource? HERE
question 03: i've got a sd card. how do i transfer the malaysian map onto my garmin? without erasing my original uk map? (cause alot of warning are being given out here that original map will be wiped off) The preload UK map should named GMAPPROM.IMG if you did not make any changes, so you may name your Malaysia/Singapore map to GMAPSUPP.IMG, you may connect your Nuvi to PC with USB cable to make the transfer the file of maps
question 03: how do i get it to work on my garmin nuvi? Once you downloaded the file @ Q1, run it, then copy & paste the GMAPSUPP.IMG file to your Nuvi or to SD Card
Good Luck
:thumbsup:

any tips and hints given will be very much appreciated.
thanks very much.
岂能尽如人意,但求无愧吾心。- 刘四

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: malaysia map installation onto garmin nuvi for beginner??

#29 Post by bartmp8 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:15 pm

BigBonedBen wrote:hi guys, ... snip ...

- i've obtained an east malaysian map from http://maps.three15.org/download.html,

thanks very much.
That is a topographic map.

spyro
GPS: GARMIN 205W

Re: How to download MSM to Garmin Etrex Legend/Vista (Handheld)

#30 Post by spyro » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:08 am

hi,

the gmapsupp.img is now in my SD card. there's nothing except gmapsupp.img in it but still my GPS still cant read it.. and when i go to my lap top n open my SD, the file is in it but i dun noe hw to create a dir\.. sorry, not very good with IT.. thanks so much for the help!