Loading MSM into NUVI Part 2

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: How to download MSM to Garmin Etrex Legend/Vista (Handheld)

#31 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:05 am

spyro wrote:hi,

the gmapsupp.img is now in my SD card. there's nothing except gmapsupp.img in it but still my GPS still cant read it.. and when i go to my lap top n open my SD, the file is in it but i dun noe hw to create a dir\.. sorry, not very good with IT.. thanks so much for the help!

Bro spyro, to enjoy the GPS tool more, suggest you at least make an effort to learn how to use a computer. An analogy to this advise, it is like before you buy a car, you will have to take courses to learn how to drive it. Thus you will have to learn how to use a computer if you want to play with devices like GPS. :-k

Run windows explorer on your lappy.
Locate your Nuvi unit in Windows Explorer. It should show up as a drive with an alphabet assigned to it
Click on it
On Windows Explorer pull down menu, clock on FILE -> NEW -> FOLDER
Windows Explorer should crease a new folder labeled NEW FOLDER. Without any further action, just use your keyboard and type to rename the folder GARMIN.
Now locate the GMAPSUPP.IMG file in other folders and copy this into this GARMIN folder.

FauSham
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi, Garmin Legend Cx

Re: How to download MSM to Garmin Etrex Legend/Vista (Handheld)

#32 Post by FauSham » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:10 pm

spyro wrote:hi,

the gmapsupp.img is now in my SD card. there's nothing except gmapsupp.img in it but still my GPS still cant read it.. and when i go to my lap top n open my SD, the file is in it but i dun noe hw to create a dir\.. sorry, not very good with IT.. thanks so much for the help!
Just go to this link:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000742.htm

or

http://www.ehow.com/how_5550_create-fol ... n=yssp_art

:D I don't get't...... how about if you don't have internet? Where you learn all this?
FauSham @ MalSingMaps
Haiyaa....kita talak sesat aneymorrr...

simseair
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Forerunner 305
60CSx
nuvi 200w

Re: Help me to choose this [Full, Partial & None]

#33 Post by simseair » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi,

I can't see the polygons of buildings when I generate the gmapsupp file for V2.30 map for my nuvi 200W. I have chosen the "partial" customisation when generating the gmapsupp file. For the past versions, I was able to see the building polygons.

Any idea how can I see the polygons and, at the same time, the road tracks are thick? If I choose the "full" customisation, then the polygons are visible but the road tracks are thin.

Burner
GPS: garmin 205w

How to update Mal and Sing Map into my Garmin 205W

#34 Post by Burner » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:18 am

Dear all, I just brought a Garmin 205W GPS and had experienced problem when travelling in some areas. The route which I took did not reflect in my GPS map. I was told I ned to update the map, but I don't know how to do it. Can anuyone help? Thks a million. :)

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: How to update Mal and Sing Map into my Garmin 205W

#35 Post by Redstorm » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:14 am

Burner wrote:Dear all, I just brought a Garmin 205W GPS and had experienced problem when travelling in some areas. The route which I took did not reflect in my GPS map. I was told I ned to update the map, but I don't know how to do it. Can anuyone help? Thks a million. :)
I believe your device comes with the free malsing map v2.18 dated Jan 08. Although this is not the latest version, it is as good as the latest where the roads are concerned. I don't know where you are from as your profile don't show at all. Well, I am hardly surprised at this as most ppl especially newbies can't bother to do this. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to help when we don't even know your locality. So, I assumed that you are refering to Malaysia where there are still many areas that are even not in the latest map. That's where the members come in, where they contribute towards error and/or new POIs and some even with new tracks. With at least 2 contributions, you can request for the unlock codes for the latest map. For a start, you need to download mapsource with the latest map installer to help you view and verify whether whatever error and/or new POIs you have found are in the map otherwise you will be wasting your time contributing something that is already in the latest map. As a newbie, I suggest you read up the wiki to help you have a better understanding on how this forum operates. Thank you.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Burner
GPS: garmin 205w

#36 Post by Burner » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi REdstorm, really appreciate your time in replying to my post. I'm new to this forum and don't know what is expected, thus did not know how to give relavent information. I was asking for an update in Singapore. I was travelling in Macpherson towards Upper Serangoon and found that the roads does not tally with my GPS map.

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#37 Post by Redstorm » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:25 pm

Burner wrote:Hi REdstorm, really appreciate your time in replying to my post. I'm new to this forum and don't know what is expected, thus did not know how to give relavent information. I was asking for an update in Singapore. I was travelling in Macpherson towards Upper Serangoon and found that the roads does not tally with my GPS map.
By the way, which version of map do u have in your device? I am assuming that it is the free version 2.15. As far as Singapore is concerned, there is hardly any new roads added in the latest map. So, your map should be as good as the latest version where roads are concerned. COuld you elaborate more on what your meant by "the roads does not tally with my GPS map"?? With more details from you, it will help us figure out where the problem lies. Thanks.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

lenaleongusj
GPS: it's currently being set up to only UK maps

Garmin Nuvi bought in UK with UK map

#38 Post by lenaleongusj » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:55 pm

Hi everyone who is able to help,
I have just got back from the UK and have been hoping to use my Garmin Nuvi again but do not know how to download the malaysian map onto my GPS. I went to a shop in PJ Section 14 and was told that she could do it straight into my Nuvi for RM50 or if she has to give me a memory card, it'll cost me RM80. I am not computer or technical savvy, is there any chance someone who can guide me step by step to do a free download as if I am a 4 year old??? I will really appreciate it very much... I do miss my 'Marjorie' (my Sat Nav, which I named) very much and want to hear her voice again especially helping me thru the traffic in KL and PJ.
Thank you very much.

Lena Leong

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

Re: Garmin Nuvi bought in UK with UK map

#39 Post by dvpro » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 am

You've got a Private Message.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

isipadu
GPS: 205w

Re: Garmin Nuvi bought in UK with UK map

#40 Post by isipadu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:40 pm

do you mind sharing your uk map? i am trying to get uk map....if free, then i don't mind. let me know. thanks.