GMXT - PDA: Questions and Guide

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Pink9tou
GPS: None

Need help on HTC HD Garmin Mobile XT installation

#71 Post by Pink9tou » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:34 am

**** Deleted *****
**** Strictly no discussion on software hacking *******

Pink9tou
GPS: None

Newbie need helps on Window mobile 6.1

#72 Post by Pink9tou » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:45 am

Hi Guru,

Do I need to pay if I want to use Garmin??? Found the following and not sure if it is working:

Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile, Ver. 5.00.20w, as of Sep 25, 2008
Garmin Mobile XT Free Basemap, Ver. 4.xx.xx, as of Apr 19, 2007
Garmin Mobile XT Support Files, Ver. 4.xx.xx, as of Jul 11, 2007

If these are free and it is working on window mobile 6.1....how to i install it and the Singapore and Malaysia
Map to my pda?

Many thanks in advance

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

Re: Newbie need helps on Window mobile 6.1

#73 Post by dvpro » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:04 am

Pink9tou wrote:Hi Guru,

Do I need to pay if I want to use Garmin??? Found the following and not sure if it is working:

Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile, Ver. 5.00.20w, as of Sep 25, 2008
Garmin Mobile XT Free Basemap, Ver. 4.xx.xx, as of Apr 19, 2007
Garmin Mobile XT Support Files, Ver. 4.xx.xx, as of Jul 11, 2007

If these are free and it is working on window mobile 6.1....how to i install it and the Singapore and Malaysia
Map to my pda?

Many thanks in advance

Unless you have a Garmin GPS receiver to pair with your PDA, those are meant only for updates. If you want to pair Garmin MXT with your PDA's built-in GPS receiver, you need to purchase the software sold in data card. More info here: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=11413

If you need a free Garmin software to use Malsingmaps, read here: http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... nd_BT_GPSr
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

jowunger
GPS: Imobile SENSE 80

need malaysia gps for windows mobile 6.1 -howTo -please =)

#74 Post by jowunger » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Hello,

I am so happy that I found this forum. I look for weeks to get a malaysian gps map to my windows mobile 6.1

I downloaded -MySin' and installed it but the .IMG filez are not readable and there is no executable to
start it.

My question:

Is there a malaysian GPS software for WM6.1 which works with built in GPS receiver? If yes
could you please give me a link to download it? I am unfortunately no professional, so
things like GarminProxy/Gate...etc I don't understand for which devices they are and how they has to be setup.
I not want to setup the wrong software in my phone.

Help is very much appreciated!
Thank you in advance
Jow

moeyHC
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C

Re: need malaysia gps for windows mobile 6.1 -howTo -please =)

#75 Post by moeyHC » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Check out this LINK for Window Mobile. Hope this helps...cheers!
MSM Glossary/Index - viewtopic.php?p=57986#p57986

pummkin
GPS: Asus P750 Garmin Que, Mapking 2007

Re: HTC Touch Pro

#76 Post by pummkin » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:17 am

moomoo wrote:dear all...

i am totally new to this GPS thingy...and i bought my first WM PPC, HTC Touch Pro...totally clueless man cos i have been a mac user all my life :-(

can anyone out there recommend me a good GPS software that will work for this phone & also with the maps available here...for eg. should i get a Garmin or Mapking 2007 or R12,,,i have been reading up but feel very lost...i am currently on WM 6.1, please advise me...i am willing to buy the software, dun need free or crack ones.

moomoo

Moomoo, I suggest that you start with the usage of Garmin Que & GPSProxy 2.2 to get the hang of using a GPS on your mobile/pda first. I believe that your processor can handle Mapking version 2007 pretty well, with no issues of hanging & such but install that only after you get familiar with the operations of patching & sending maps to your device.

You need Garmin Roadtrip on your Mac to plot or view maps or even plan your journey before your trip. It's the Mac version of Mapsource just out of beta mode. What you see may not show on your pda because Garmin Que doesn't support icon (yet, I hope).

Get it here:- [url]http://www8.garmin.com/macosx/[url]

Follow the instructions to send map to your device. Use the Map Installer program on the download page. However, what I usually do is invoke Windows on my Mac to do all the necessary & transfer to my unit (Asus P750 on WM 6.1 with 500MHz processor speed is more than adequate so if yours exceed this spec, it should work better).
If I'm not here, I'm underwater...!

jchoong
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: 2575 + 40LM

Re: GMXT - PDA: Questions and Guide

#77 Post by jchoong » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:33 am

I am not familiar with Mac, but for the HTC Touch Pro, isnt it easier to just purchase the GMXT in SD card from Garmin so that it can run with the built-in GPSr, and then download/use MSM's free unlocked maps?

low4
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Dopod_D810 + GMXT.
Nuvi 650,
Holux m241

Re: GMXT - PDA: Questions and Guide

#78 Post by low4 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:54 am

YUP, follow bro JChoong, you will never get lost! or... get GARMIN or get LOST!!! :thumbsup:
岂能尽如人意,但求无愧吾心。- 刘四

whacker
GPS: HTC TYTN II with Garmin Mobile XT

Garmin Mobile XT with HTC TYTN II voice files

#79 Post by whacker » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Okay, I give up... ](*,)

I've been trying to troubleshoot why I cannot get my Cantonese, Hakka, Hokkien, etc. files to work in my Garmin. :cry:

HTC TyTn II
Garmin Mobile XT Version 5.00.20w (just upgraded yesterday)
Windows Mobile 6 Professional (CE OS 5.2.1620 - Build 18125.0.4.2)
What else?

Here's what I did:
1) I've downloaded the files (Cantonese__.vpm, Hakka__.vpm, etc.) from rapidshare.
2) I copied them into the Garmin/voice folder in my Storage Card (that's where I've installed Garmin)

But when I run the software, I can only see the default language listing, e.g. American English, British English, Deutsch, etc.). I cannot see the newly added (copied) files. Did I do something wrong?

My friend is also using Garmin and with the same files. He can see and use the files but he's running on Symbian on a Nokia E71.

It can't be I need to change the PHONE! :ko:

One funny thing though. I downloaded Voice Editor and open the vpm files. I can open American English (default) vpm but not the Cantonese, Hakka one. What's wrong?

Can someone please help? I think I'm missing something here.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

jchoong
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: 2575 + 40LM

Re: Garmin Mobile XT with HTC TYTN II voice files

#80 Post by jchoong » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 pm

Somehow you won't be able to see in GMXT the Cantonese, Hakka, etc voice files that you copied onto your SD card. But they are there - you can see them when you are on ActiveSycn. A trick taught to me by Bro Low4 is to select any of the existing voice files that you are not using, eg Spanish, and rename it as, say, Spanish1. After that rename your Cantonese file as Spanish, making sure you maintain the ORIGINAL name text (including space, underscore, etc). When you next startup GMXT, select Spanish and you will get Cantonese as your voice.