MSM Borneo Newbie Peer Support Group

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
nyem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:34 pm
GPS: nuvi
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Help on Topo map east malaysia

#171 Post by nyem » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 am


mnlow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:17 pm
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 255W
Contact:

Is there a map of Brunei available?

#172 Post by mnlow » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 am

Hi

I'm new to GPS and recently I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 255W in Australia as it was on sale. It is preloaded with Australia and NZ maps. I've seen the Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2010.20 on this site when I googled 'Garmin Brunei'. Can I use this on my GPS and if so, I do I do it?

Thank you in advance

Newbie

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: Is there a map of Brunei available?

#173 Post by Redstorm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:33 am

mnlow wrote:Hi

I'm new to GPS and recently I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 255W in Australia as it was on sale. It is preloaded with Australia and NZ maps. I've seen the Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2010.20 on this site when I googled 'Garmin Brunei'. Can I use this on my GPS and if so, I do I do it?

Thank you in advance

Newbie
This map has its advantage provided yours is a localised set as you will be able to view Junction View. However, since yours is an Aussie set, JCV is out for you. You would be better off downlaoding the MSM ver 5.06 map from here. After download, just unzip, copy and paste the file (gmapsupp) to the Garmin folder in your SD card. If you don't have the Garmin folder, just create one. The good thing about this ver 5.06 map is that, unlike the MSM NT 2010.40 map, it does not need an unlock code. Besides, it is more up-to-date the the latter. Future versions of the MSM ver 5.xx map will incorporate JCV which can be used on any device with JCV feature regardless of version. Thank you.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

radim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 am
GPS: GPSMAP 62st
Location: Czech Republic / Europe
Contact:

Re: Danum Valley Field Center

#174 Post by radim » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Thank you very much bartmp ....

mnlow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:17 pm
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 255W
Contact:

Re: Is there a map of Brunei available?

#175 Post by mnlow » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Thank you so much for the advice, really appreciate it. Will give it a go.

User avatar
aki anis
Trainee Tracker
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 10:41 am
GPS: 3.18043
113.03734
Contact:

Re: MSM Borneo Newbie Peer Support Group

#176 Post by aki anis » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Noob question;
I had downloaded map to my Garmin 60CSX with latest V5.15 and I can access it from my device. My problem is when I want to access map source it prompts for MSM NT Ver 5.15, so where do I download this version?
I need it soonest because I'm eager to be contributor & leaving for KK from Bintulu on 10-12 June 2011. Or anyone in Bintulu who is well verse in this matter please pm me so I can have some tutorial.
Thanks.

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3134
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: MSM Borneo Newbie Peer Support Group

#177 Post by bartmp8 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:04 pm

aki anis wrote:Noob question;
I had downloaded map to my Garmin 60CSX with latest V5.15 and I can access it from my device. My problem is when I want to access map source it prompts for MSM NT Ver 5.15, so where do I download this version?
I need it soonest because I'm eager to be contributor & leaving for KK from Bintulu on 10-12 June 2011. Or anyone in Bintulu who is well verse in this matter please pm me so I can have some tutorial.
Thanks.
Hi, pls use the MSM v5.14 installer for the moment:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 44#p188844

Look forward to your contributions - Thanks

User avatar
aki anis
Trainee Tracker
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 10:41 am
GPS: 3.18043
113.03734
Contact:

Re: MSM Borneo Newbie Peer Support Group

#178 Post by aki anis » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:31 pm

bartmp8 wrote:
aki anis wrote:Noob question;
I had downloaded map to my Garmin 60CSX with latest V5.15 and I can access it from my device. My problem is when I want to access map source it prompts for MSM NT Ver 5.15, so where do I download this version?
I need it soonest because I'm eager to be contributor & leaving for KK from Bintulu on 10-12 June 2011. Or anyone in Bintulu who is well verse in this matter please pm me so I can have some tutorial.
Thanks.
Hi, pls use the MSM v5.14 installer for the moment:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 44#p188844

Look forward to your contributions - Thanks
My God! That's fast reply.
Thanks and I'll give it a try!

User avatar
aki anis
Trainee Tracker
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 10:41 am
GPS: 3.18043
113.03734
Contact:

Re: MSM Borneo Newbie Peer Support Group

#179 Post by aki anis » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:22 am

Hi Bart,

I couldn't download my track log in my message board so I attached it here.
Attachments
akianis.longsemadoh.gdb
This is a logging track to Long Semadoh.
(221.24 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

User avatar
aki anis
Trainee Tracker
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 10:41 am
GPS: 3.18043
113.03734
Contact:

Re: MSM Borneo Newbie Peer Support Group

#180 Post by aki anis » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:34 am

This is another one, a recently completed new coastal single track road connecting Tanjung Batu to ABF beach.
Attachments
akianis.bintulu080611.gdb
Recent completed single track road connecting Tg. batu to ABF beach.
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests