POI/GPI Matters

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

alfredphua
GPS: Garmin nuvi 42LM

Re: POI/GPI Matters

#341 Post by alfredphua » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 am

jasonlee wrote:
alfredphua wrote:I just got my Garmin Nuvi 42LM. This is the first time I own a GPS so it seems like there's a lot of things for me to explore. As of the POI, will it be sufficient if I get the updates from Garmin website alone or I need to download from elsewhere such as here to get the latest POIs. For eg, ABC coffee shop in Sabah which is famous for its Mee Tuaran. If there's a need for me to download from here, how do I install it into my GPS. I have downloaded the Garmin Express but the options to customise the GPS seems a bit limited. There's no direction to install anything extra apart from installing updates from Garmin and I don't think Garmin knows where the coffee shop to get the Penang char kuay teow...

:tq: :rokz:
Dear Bro alfredphua,

:welcome: to MalSingMaps.

POIs are part of the map so if you use the most updated map (which you can download from HERE), theoretically you should have the most updated POIs. However, we depend on our members to submit to us the info on POIs so if you have the latest map and you do not find the POI that you want. it could mean nobody has contributed the info so you could post the info in the Forum and the appropriate mapper will insert it into the map so that you can see it in the next revision.

Hey. That explains it. Thks bro

mrericlee
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 610

#342 Post by mrericlee » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Where do I find POI for Speed Camera for Singapore?

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#343 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:06 pm

mrericlee wrote:Where do I find POI for Speed Camera for Singapore?
Look under "Community POIs" sub-forum. Plenty of such gpi files there.

viewforum.php?f=18