Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:24 pm 

GPS: Nuvi205W
Hi guys....I am totally new to the GPS unit. I have installed Mapsource in hoping to be able to contribute.

I am staying in Kota Warisan which is in Sepang, Selangor. Most of the roads in the housing estate are already there in the Mapsource but a lot has not been named.

I have been searching high and low in the forums and wikis but too much information for me to fathom. Appreciate if someone could guide me on how to name the roads in question.

Thank you.

Last edited by bartmp8 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Edited Title and Stickied

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:29 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Garmin Nuvi200
It really simple.

Since the roads are already in the map, you just provide the road names to the mapper. This is the steps:-

1. Download and install the latest map (public version V. 2.30) from here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31 if you have not done so.
2. Open mapsource and go to the specific road (if you already know the road name only) and place POI marker (waypoint tool) and name the waypoint as the road name
3. If you are unsure of the road name, just bring your device to the road and mark the road name as POI using your device.
4. Tranfers all POI from your device to mapsoure using "receive from device" button.
5. Do some editing in order to avoid posting unnecessary POI such as your girlfriend's house etc (a lot of gatal men in this forum)
6. Save the POI in step 2 & 5 as .gdb file (you may name the file as Kota Warisan Roads names) and post it here viewforum.php?f=41

good luck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:58 pm 

Thanks Badrol, for the pointers.

Will try and do that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:54 pm 

Another question......would the POIs (like schools,Petrol stations etc) be the same step as above?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:15 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
murfi98 wrote:
Another question......would the POIs (like schools,Petrol stations etc) be the same step as above?

All the same. Thanks.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 pm 

Thank you so much for all your feedback.....I'll go and fiddle with it now. =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:25 am 

GPS: Omnia+GMXT+[dy/dx]malsingmap = Superb
(AgisNav --> Buried)
Bro,

For myself better understanding and tracking purpose in case I make mistake or error occur. Done this step succesfully.

Tutorial 1~17: How to start contribute for unlock codes --> unfamiliar "user" like myself must follow step by step.

1. To make sure to contribute latest --> POI + new track / POI + any correction / new track + any correction / community + bla bla bla as above.
2. To ensure latest info/data --> must view/check in latest locked map --> eg. MSM-MySin.rar
3. To download MSM-MySin.rar save into laptop/desktop Garmin folder self created --> http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31
4. To extract from MSM-MySin.rar to MSM-MySin.exe using WinRAR software (such as WinZIP) --> eg. wrar380.exe
5. To download wrar380.exe save into laptop/desktop --> http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html?tag=mncol;lst
6. To install WinRAR software into Laptop/Desktop --> Run wrar380.exe
7. To extract from MSM-MySin.rar to MSM-MySin.exe --> common with WinZIP
8. Not to run but to keep MSM-MySin.exe in Garmin folder --> Self created folder in Laptop/Desktop
9. To view/run MSM-MySin.exe must have Mapsorce Software in Laptop/Desktop --> MapSource_6141.exe
11. For Windows XP --> Download MapSource software as per Trajet2b's guide http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=968#p968
12. To download TrainingCenterForWindows_343.exe save into Laptop/Desktop Garmin folder --> http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=835
13 To download MapSource_6141.exe save into Laptop/Desktop Garmin folder --> http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209
14. Must first to intall/run TrainingCenterForWindows_343.exe
15. Next to install/run MapSource_6141.exe
16. Next to run MSM-MySin.exe.
17. Enter MapSource. Select MSM-Malaysia/Singapore v2.30 at the left top corner below pull down menu

Next step --> How to check/list of POI in MapSource --> to confirm my new propose POI has been updated or not?

Last edited by bartmp8 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Split from Omnia: Questions & Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:53 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
chewitt wrote:
Bro,

Tutorial 1~3 for me --> to avoid 5 months setup.

1. I don't have MapSource (installation CD or whatever equivalent)...basicly I'm confuse after read few instructions...where to install or run...in PPC or in Laptop/Desktop. Also where to create new POI/track file (*.gdb)...in PPC or Laptop...
2. Did downloaded...MapSource software...using Trajet2b's guide...save in Laptop Windows XP.
2.1 TrainingCenterForWindows_343.exe
2.2 MapSource_6141.exe
3. But the notes seems conflict with my current situation. Any comment...
Notes:
WARNING: This software will not work unless you already own a MapSource product.
This version of MapSource no longer supports Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows NT.
Works with Windows Vista.

Try Mapsource 6.13.6 or 6.13.7. Sorry don't know off hand here to get them
Then go here Mapsource - Step by Step @ Malsing Wiki. Read the last
bit carefully.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:00 pm 

GPS: Omnia+GMXT+[dy/dx]malsingmap = Superb
(AgisNav --> Buried)
Bro,

Next step --> How to check eg. list of POI in [MapSource + latest locked map] --> to confirm either my new propose POI has been updated or not?

Which page to read or learn..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:09 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
chewitt wrote:
Bro,

Next step --> How to check eg. list of POI in [MapSource + latest locked map] --> to confirm either my new propose POI has been updated or not?

Which page to read or learn..

Once you have installed mapsource successfully, go here to download the latest MSM My/Sin V2.30 installer (locked). Although it is locked, it can be open on your mapsource without the need for unlock codes. However, u cannot transfer the map to your device. Even if u managed to, you can't open it in your device. From there, just key in the new proposed POI to see if it is already in the latest map. Thank you.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next