Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
franklkk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:47 am
GPS: Google
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#351 Post by franklkk » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi all. I have a Garmin 3790 come with my Volvo. However, it only show sg/my map but not no jcv. I wrote in to Garmin and was told that my set does not have jcv. So, I would like to get advice from the brothers & sisters here.

Can my garmin install with a jcv? How can I do it?

Thanks

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#352 Post by Redstorm » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:05 pm

franklkk wrote:Hi all. I have a Garmin 3790 come with my Volvo. However, it only show sg/my map but not no jcv. I wrote in to Garmin and was told that my set does not have jcv. So, I would like to get advice from the brothers & sisters here.

Can my garmin install with a jcv? How can I do it?

Thanks
The 3790 supports JCV. You can download the latest MSM 2013.10, which comes with JCV, from the Garmin website at www.garmin.com.sg.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#353 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Volvo may have supplied a Nuvi 3790 with your car but it may NOT be a localized set thus JCV does not work. You will have to check with Volvo on the deal they struck with Garmin on what was agreed

You will need localized firmware for JCV to work as Garmin regionalized the hardware

fkfs9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 am
GPS: Garmin 42LM
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#354 Post by fkfs9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:46 pm

bought a 42LM and created a folder in garmin/JCV/ but seems like the JV is not showing when i drive in SG. I'm using the stock maps and the one downloaded frm this great forum.

Did i miss anything here?

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#355 Post by Redstorm » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:00 pm

fkfs9 wrote:bought a 42LM and created a folder in garmin/JCV/ but seems like the JV is not showing when i drive in SG. I'm using the stock maps and the one downloaded frm this great forum.

Did i miss anything here?
What are the maps that you have in your device? Did you check on one map or more when you use it to navigate? For your info, the following maps have JCV

1. Garmin CN 2013.xx
2. MSM 2013.xx
3. MFM 2013.xx
4. MSM v6.xx (mostly in KL and limited junctions in Sg)

Make sure that you check on only ONE map othewise you get conflicting information and not surprisingly if the JCV does not work.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

fkfs9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 am
GPS: Garmin 42LM
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#356 Post by fkfs9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Redstorm wrote:
fkfs9 wrote:bought a 42LM and created a folder in garmin/JCV/ but seems like the JV is not showing when i drive in SG. I'm using the stock maps and the one downloaded frm this great forum.

Did i miss anything here?
What are the maps that you have in your device? Did you check on one map or more when you use it to navigate? For your info, the following maps have JCV

1. Garmin CN 2013.xx
2. MSM 2013.xx
3. MFM 2013.xx
4. MSM v6.xx (mostly in KL and limited junctions in Sg)

Make sure that you check on only ONE map othewise you get conflicting information and not surprisingly if the JCV does not work.
Hi,

I have all the maps checked. Which one should I be using if I want JV?

1. CN SGMY NT2013.10 Malfree
2. CN SGMY NT2013.10 Malsing
3. CN SGMY NT2013.20 Navteq
4. MSM 2013 NT v6.19

I've also downloaded the speed cameras POI from this link http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 17&t=24066 for SG and created a POI folder in microsd. Is this the correct one?

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#357 Post by Redstorm » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:48 am

fkfs9 wrote: Hi,

I have all the maps checked. Which one should I be using if I want JV?

1. CN SGMY NT2013.10 Malfree
2. CN SGMY NT2013.10 Malsing
3. CN SGMY NT2013.20 Navteq
4. MSM 2013 NT v6.19

I've also downloaded the speed cameras POI from this link http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 17&t=24066 for SG and created a POI folder in microsd. Is this the correct one?
If you read my earlier post carefully, I have already mentioned that 1, 2 & 3 all have JCV and 4 is limited to KL and only a few junctions in Singapore. It's up to you to decide which map you want to use. Make sure that you check only ONLY one map. The speed camera POI should be named "POI" and installed in the sub folder of the Garmin folder in your microSD card.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

fkfs9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 am
GPS: Garmin 42LM
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#358 Post by fkfs9 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Redstorm wrote:
fkfs9 wrote: Hi,

I have all the maps checked. Which one should I be using if I want JV?

1. CN SGMY NT2013.10 Malfree
2. CN SGMY NT2013.10 Malsing
3. CN SGMY NT2013.20 Navteq
4. MSM 2013 NT v6.19

I've also downloaded the speed cameras POI from this link http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 17&t=24066 for SG and created a POI folder in microsd. Is this the correct one?
If you read my earlier post carefully, I have already mentioned that 1, 2 & 3 all have JCV and 4 is limited to KL and only a few junctions in Singapore. It's up to you to decide which map you want to use. Make sure that you check only ONLY one map. The speed camera POI should be named "POI" and installed in the sub folder of the Garmin folder in your microSD card.
noted on this.

Do you mean Garmin\POI or D:\POI?

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#359 Post by Redstorm » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:52 am

fkfs9 wrote:
noted on this.

Do you mean Garmin\POI or D:\POI?
The POIs can be stored in the POI folder in internal memory if there is already one there or alternatively, you can store it in the memory card.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

franklkk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:47 am
GPS: Google
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#360 Post by franklkk » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:46 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:Volvo may have supplied a Nuvi 3790 with your car but it may NOT be a localized set thus JCV does not work. You will have to check with Volvo on the deal they struck with Garmin on what was agreed

You will need localized firmware for JCV to work as Garmin regionalized the hardware

How to get a localized firmware? Isn't with this fireware I will be able to view JCV for sg & my? By installing this fireware means all my EU maps will be gone unless I do a backup right?

Need to be sure cos I don't have any knowledge about technical detail of a GPS.

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests