Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: Newbie Guide to Junction View/3D Buildings Matters

#361 Post by Redstorm » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:40 pm

franklkk wrote:
SilverBeauty wrote:Volvo may have supplied a Nuvi 3790 with your car but it may NOT be a localized set thus JCV does not work. You will have to check with Volvo on the deal they struck with Garmin on what was agreed

You will need localized firmware for JCV to work as Garmin regionalized the hardware

How to get a localized firmware? Isn't with this fireware I will be able to view JCV for sg & my? By installing this fireware means all my EU maps will be gone unless I do a backup right?

Need to be sure cos I don't have any knowledge about technical detail of a GPS.

Thanks in advance.
Since your device is not a localised set, you are not supposed to install the localised firmware. If you install a localised firmware on your 3790, you risk bricking your set and you will be left with an expensive paperweight.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

franklkk
GPS: Google

#362 Post by franklkk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:44 pm

I think I have decided to give it a try to instsll it with JCV function. If I screw up with my gps than I am prepare to buy a local 3790 set to replace eith my present set.

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

#363 Post by Redstorm » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:47 am

franklkk wrote:I think I have decided to give it a try to instsll it with JCV function. If I screw up with my gps than I am prepare to buy a local 3790 set to replace eith my present set.
It will not work, I have already told you and, despite the warning, you chose to go ahead. Well, good luck to you and bye bye :$gone: :$gone: :lol:
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

franklkk
GPS: Google

#364 Post by franklkk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Redstorm wrote:It will not work, I have already told you and, despite the warning, you chose to go ahead. Well, good luck to you and bye bye :$gone: :$gone: :lol:
Thanks for your advice. Too bad that this set does not have the JCV function. So, I decided to carry on using it until the set it break down.

erictanyh
GPS: Nuvi 255

#365 Post by erictanyh » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:07 pm

HI, i have downloaded and update the MSM 2013 NT v6.22 in my Nuvi 255w localized unit. But why the new JCV file (product.jcv) is so small in size only 11.6Mb? My previous JCV file (SgMyMal.JCV is around 210Mb, SgMyTa.JCV is 198Mb). I have tried copy the product.JCV into my sd card/garmin/JVC folder and removed both old one, the JCV not showing up while i driving?? Can please some one advice and help? Thanks.............

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

#366 Post by Redstorm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 pm

erictanyh wrote:HI, i have downloaded and update the MSM 2013 NT v6.22 in my Nuvi 255w localized unit. But why the new JCV file (product.jcv) is so small in size only 11.6Mb? My previous JCV file (SgMyMal.JCV is around 210Mb, SgMyTa.JCV is 198Mb). I have tried copy the product.JCV into my sd card/garmin/JVC folder and removed both old one, the JCV not showing up while i driving?? Can please some one advice and help? Thanks.............
The JCV folder for the MSM v6.xx map is very small because there are only a few junctions in Sg and slightly more for KL as compared to the JCV for the Gamin CN map and MSM 2013.xx map. Please note that it will not work if you remove the JCV file for the 6.xx map and replace it with those from the Garmin CN and/or MSM 2013.xx maps.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

erictanyh

#367 Post by erictanyh » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Redstorm wrote:
erictanyh wrote:HI, i have downloaded and update the MSM 2013 NT v6.22 in my Nuvi 255w localized unit. But why the new JCV file (product.jcv) is so small in size only 11.6Mb? My previous JCV file (SgMyMal.JCV is around 210Mb, SgMyTa.JCV is 198Mb). I have tried copy the product.JCV into my sd card/garmin/JVC folder and removed both old one, the JCV not showing up while i driving?? Can please some one advice and help? Thanks.............
The JCV folder for the MSM v6.xx map is very small because there are only a few junctions in Sg and slightly more for KL as compared to the JCV for the Gamin CN map and MSM 2013.xx map. Please note that it will not work if you remove the JCV file for the 6.xx map and replace it with those from the Garmin CN and/or MSM 2013.xx maps.
Thanks for your fast reply and info... what you mean is the product.JCV size is small was due to much less Junctions data,so it only can pop up when i reach the right/correct junction?

So, for me to enjoy latest map MSM 2013 NT v6.22 with correct/compatible junction view, i have to put product.JCV in sdCard/Garmin/JCV folder and i have to remove the both old SgMyMal.JCV and SgMyTa.JCV or just leave it there in the same folder?

Thanks..............

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#368 Post by SilverBeauty » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:03 am

erictanyh wrote: Thanks for your fast reply and info... what you mean is the product.JCV size is small was due to much less Junctions data,so it only can pop up when i reach the right/correct junction?

So, for me to enjoy latest map MSM 2013 NT v6.22 with correct/compatible junction view, i have to put product.JCV in sdCard/Garmin/JCV folder and i have to remove the both old SgMyMal.JCV and SgMyTa.JCV or just leave it there in the same folder?

Thanks..............
Map file and JCV file are a match pair. Each and every subsequent release comes in a pair set
As bro red storm mentions, you cannot use one JCV releases for one map with another map from a different source or even same source but compiled at a different released date.

If maps are from different sources, JCV files may co-exist in same directory as file name is different ... Ie.. JCV file name for MsM and Garmin commercial have different file names

erictanyh

#369 Post by erictanyh » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:37 am

SilverBeauty wrote:
erictanyh wrote: Thanks for your fast reply and info... what you mean is the product.JCV size is small was due to much less Junctions data,so it only can pop up when i reach the right/correct junction?

Thanks..............
Map file and JCV file are a match pair. Each and every subsequent release comes in a pair set
As bro red storm mentions, you cannot use one JCV releases for one map with another map from a different source or even same source but compiled at a different released date.

If maps are from different sources, JCV files may co-exist in same directory as file name is different ... Ie.. JCV file name for MsM and Garmin commercial have different file names
Noted very many thanks........!!

Alv37
GPS: nuvi 40

#370 Post by Alv37 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi,
I'm new to this forum. Need some assistance here.
Currently I'm using Nuvi 40 local set and I just downloaded MSM 2013 NT v6.24.
However I could not use the junction view function. Tried open the JCV file but was unable to do so. Could not unzip and transfer the JCV file to my Garmin set "map" folder.
Pls advise, thks