Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:22 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Dear Members,

Please continue your questions regarding MSM installation into NUVIs here.

A) MSM/Garmin NT Format Maps for Non Localised Units - Free but requires Unlock Code
(Click to read the whole topic, Latest map is the one with the highest number value - 2010.XX)

B) MSM/Garmin NT Format Maps for Localised Units - Free but requires Unlock Code.
Linked directly to Garmin Download Website.

C) Find the In-house MSM NT Format Maps in this Sub-Forum - Free and Unlocked
(Latest Map is the one with the highest number value - v5.xx)

Click here for:

1) Loading MSM into Nuvi part 2
2) Loading MSM into Nuvi part 3
3) Loading MSM into Nuvi Part 4

ATTENTION NUVI USERS

Zeus73 wrote:
To use MSM NT from SD card, you will need to change the file name.
    gmapprom1.img -> gmapsupp.img
    gmapprom1.unl -> gmapsupp.unl

For user of nuvi 3XX and 8XX series, your unit might not be able to read the unlock code from the UNL file. Please read http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=155211#p155211.

For user of nuvi 1XXX series, you can copy the maps into the "MAP" folder of main memory or SD card.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:33 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 1350
Thanks - I ended up downloading the MSM 4.34 file instead because I read that it is updated more frequently than the NT maps. The MSM map is working fine now. A quick follow-up question:

When I try to search for a particular location (e.g. 951 Bukit Timah Road), after keying in the street number 951, and the street name "Bukit Timah Road", the search results gives me 6 choices of "Upper Bukit Timah Road" and 6 choices of "Bukit Timah Road". How do I know which of the 12 choices is the right one? Shouldn't the MSM map know exactly where is 951 Bukit Timah Road?

I tried downloading the NT 2010.20 maps and it has the same issues. However, at least with the NT map, I can search by postal code, which identifies accurately the location.

How do I accurately search using the MSM map?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:19 pm 

GPS: USA
Redstorm,

I need ur advice, recently i've got this nuvi 255w w/usa map loaded. I would like to have Malaysia / Singapore map loaded in it too.How am i able to do so?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
renzanzan wrote:
Redstorm,

I need ur advice, recently i've got this nuvi 255w w/usa map loaded. I would like to have Malaysia / Singapore map loaded in it too.How am i able to do so?

:welcome:
Bro Redstorm is busy chasing "tiger" now. :rofl:

Try reading this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:54 pm 

GPS: nuvi1300
Hi, Alwin from Penang, Malaysia, just had a fren's help to buy nuvi1300 from US. But the map is no able to use in Penang, too general. I had another fren's help to save Mysin.img into a micro SD card. Anyone can advise me how to install this map into my nuvi1300? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:36 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
alwinaeris wrote:
Hi, Alwin from Penang, Malaysia, just had a fren's help to buy nuvi1300 from US. But the map is no able to use in Penang, too general. I had another fren's help to save Mysin.img into a micro SD card. Anyone can advise me how to install this map into my nuvi1300? Thanks!

Hello :welcome: pls read this first:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=134222#p134222

then this:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=143679#p143679
After you finished, read the rest of the topic (2nd link)

Good luck

Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 310
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:58 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 210
Hi guys, i've been using Garmin 310 since 2007. However, I left Singapore and came recently. Singapore roads have changed tremendously to some extend. I got lost even though Nuvi 310 was by me. Maps are not updated and that's the reason for my lost.

The problem is I do not know how to upgrade the map. I tried several times but to no avail. I tried Garmin's web but I don't know why somehow Nuvi 310 seems missing from the list.

I hope you can assist me step by step on the installation and upgrading part of the map. I don't want to lost my way and takes almost 2 hours to travel from Raffles Place to Choa Chu Kang.

Your help is greatly appreciated and I thank you guys 1000 times for your altruism.

Post subject: Re: Garmin Nuvi 310
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
Please read this: Quick and Dirty Guide for Simple Garmin Streetpilot and Nuvi Users and get the map (GMAPSUPP.IMG) from here: viewtopic.php?p=179250#p179250 (gmapsupp_v435.zip).

Post subject: Garmin 205
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm 

GPS: Garmin 205 UK/ireland original
i am new to gps. i bought a unit of garmin 205 uk/ireland in uk. i will be back to malaysia 1 month after. can i install malaysia map on it??? it that free??? if i install malaysia map, the existing UK map still available after i intstall the malaysia map????

Post subject: Re: Garmin 205
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:34 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
takumi0128 wrote:
i am new to gps. i bought a unit of garmin 205 uk/ireland in uk. i will be back to malaysia 1 month after. can i install malaysia map on it??? it that free??? if i install malaysia map, the existing UK map still available after i intstall the malaysia map????

Yes your unit can use our map. Download all in one gmapsupp.img and transfer the map file to your SD card/garmin directory

Before you do this backup all files ( inclusive of hidden files ) to your PC/Lappy

Your pre-installed map should reside in Main Memory under file name gmapprom.img.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next