Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:46 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
Hi Edward, you don't need Unit ID to upload a contribution. However, as this forum is largely Garmin based, contributions are expected in GDB format. You need to install Garmin Mapsource for this, read more here: Download & use Mapsource for your error reporting

And a more convenient method to install Garmin Mapsource: Free Mapsource (latest update - no need prior installation)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:13 pm 

GPS: HTC Touch Pro, Mapking G10
dvpro wrote:
Hi Edward, you don't need Unit ID to upload a contribution. However, as this forum is largely Garmin based, contributions are expected in GDB format. You need to install Garmin Mapsource for this, read more here: Download & use Mapsource for your error reporting

And a more convenient method to install Garmin Mapsource: Free Mapsource (latest update - no need prior installation)

Thanks dv for the quick reply but will mapsource seek a unlock code for malsing maps? Sorry for the noob questions as I had not used mapsource before and hope that it has voice activated guides to supplement my failing eyesight

Rgds
edward

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

You're welcome Edward. For use in PC, no Unlock Codes are needed, just install Mapsource and Malsingmaps Installers (MSM-Mysin Installer (Locked), MSM-Borneo Installer (Locked)). The locked status means maps may not be transferred to device. Please visit the Download page to download them: http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal/downloads.php

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:35 pm 

dvpro wrote:
You're welcome Edward. For use in PC, no Unlock Codes are needed, just install Mapsource and Malsingmaps Installers (MSM-Mysin Installer (Locked), MSM-Borneo Installer (Locked)). The locked status means maps may not be transferred to device. Please visit the Download page to download them: http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal/downloads.php

Thanks dv for the prompt reply, I will need the unlocked maps and will do the necessary requirements of contributing 2 or more POI's for the codes

Thanks again,

Edward

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:48 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

edwardchan wrote:
I will need the unlocked maps and will do the necessary requirements of contributing 2 or more POI's for the codes...

Just to clarify, the locked map for device is meant for Garmin devices and softwares, for PDA use, you need to either install Garmin Que (free) or Garmin Mobile XT.

Meanwhile, Malsingmaps Mapking map is not locked, suffice to have Mapking license for the same region, ie. if you're already running official Malaysia Mapking map, you should be able to use Malsingmaps Malaysia Mapking map.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:05 am 

dvpro wrote:

Meanwhile, Malsingmaps Mapking map is not locked, suffice to have Mapking license for the same region, ie. if you're already running official Malaysia Mapking map, you should be able to use Malsingmaps Malaysia Mapking map.

Good morning DVpro

Thanks for the clarification and leads on the garmin thingy but would like to stick to mapking g10 for the moment

It is locked as I had d/loaded Malsingmaps for Mapking g10 yesterday and it is asking me for the unlock code. I had been running it on trial since I d/loaded it yesterday and had grown familiar with it's settings. Hope i could get the codes from wsian soon.

Had pm him but the pm is saved in the outbox instead of in the sent folder. Any reason behind that?

Rgds
edward

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:14 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
edwardchan wrote:
["dvpro"]

Good morning DVpro

Thanks for the clarification and leads on the garmin thingy but would like to stick to mapking g10 for the moment

It is locked as I had d/loaded Malsingmaps for Mapking g10 yesterday and it is asking me for the unlock code. I had been running it on trial since I d/loaded it yesterday and had grown familiar with it's settings. Hope i could get the codes from wsian soon.

Had pm him but the pm is saved in the outbox instead of in the sent folder. Any reason behind that?

Rgds
edward

Outbox is your outgoing PM. Will remain there till receiver reads the mail.

Sent is achieve of all your sent mails

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:47 am 

SilverBeauty wrote:

Good morning DVpro

Rgds
edward

Outbox is your outgoing PM. Will remain there till receiver reads the mail.

Sent is achieve of all your sent mails[/quote]

Thanks silverbeauty on the outbox clarification

Rgds
ed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

edwardchan wrote:

I think you may have missed this notice:
viewtopic.php?p=99697#p99697
wsian wrote:
Please take note of the following:
- We do not provide any license keys. Don't send your MKID to us.
- Malaysia (West/East) & Singapore maps are with different unlock key. You need to purchase the map of the same country before you can use Malsing version

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:50 pm 

GPS: MapKing Malaysia
Jun 13, 2007
Hi all sifu here, I'm newbiew. Just bought HP iPAQ rx5780 travel companion, try the gps yesterday and found that my map was outdated. can anyone help me where can I update my map?

thanks in advance.

regards,
eric

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next