Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:16 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 5
GPS: Malaysia
Hi bros at the forum, i'm new in this GPS system and also the new phone i bought :). been searching in the net and as i know, they said Garmin is good for GPS, but it's quite hard to understand in the installation part after reading some instructions and also hard to get it right for newbies and especially those that's not PC software literate. Anyway i was hoping guys can give some opinion in Garmin maps for M & S...i know got 2 type of compiler...with is MFM and MSM...actually what's the difference, any pros and cons? it's just a discussion/ question from a newbie..pls don't fire me. thanks for any sincere repliers by bros.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 2553
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
Chester wrote:
Hi bros at the forum, i'm new in this GPS system and also the new phone i bought :). been searching in the net and as i know, they said Garmin is good for GPS, but it's quite hard to understand in the installation part after reading some instructions and also hard to get it right for newbies and especially those that's not PC software literate. Anyway i was hoping guys can give some opinion in Garmin maps for M & S...i know got 2 type of compiler...with is MFM and MSM...actually what's the difference, any pros and cons? it's just a discussion/ question from a newbie..pls don't fire me. thanks for any sincere repliers by bros.

:welcome:
The setup of GMXT on compatible phones are suppose to be very easy.

If you brought the software version which comes in a memory card, just plug the memory card into your phone and it will auto install.

If you wish to use it with external Garmin GPSr, you can download the software online. Installation is also very straight forward. Just install into your memory card. And when you plug the memory into the phone, it will auto install to the phone. Just need to pair your phone to the GPSr and you are ready to go.

Other methods are NOT to be discussed here. :-$

As for the 2 maps, it's best that you go and try both yourself. See which one you prefer. I won't be here if MSM is lousy, right? :lol:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:17 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 1
GPS: celcom
newbie here...erm, glad our country got people like u all...

congrate to this forum....by the way, can i ask stupid question, GMXT got voice or not?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:27 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 2553
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
apexg2 wrote:
newbie here...erm, glad our country got people like u all...

congrate to this forum....by the way, can i ask stupid question, GMXT got voice or not?

:welcome:
Yes, GMXT is for voice navigation. But it does not read road names.

It's like an entry level nuvi.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:59 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Posts: 2887
Location: KUL, MY
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
And if your GMXT is not having support files including voice files, pls dowload it from here: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downl ... &pID=11413

_________________
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:12 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 5
GPS: Malaysia
Hi..thanks for bros that reply me...
Another question that i might ask cause i seems not able to tweak this in my GMXT for E71, that's the distance showed in navigation is in Miles per hour for speed and others..i know the voice might not be configured cause it's pre-recorded.. but how to change the speed and other display to KM/h? thanks again for help.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:32 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 2553
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
Chester wrote:
Hi..thanks for bros that reply me...
Another question that i might ask cause i seems not able to tweak this in my GMXT for E71, that's the distance showed in navigation is in Miles per hour for speed and others..i know the voice might not be configured cause it's pre-recorded.. but how to change the speed and other display to KM/h? thanks again for help.

Select Tools -> Settings -> System. Change the options there to Metric.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:31 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 5
GPS: Malaysia
Zeus73 wrote:
Select Tools -> Settings -> System. Change the options there to Metric.

Thanks bro for the help and reply..althought i didn't do any contribution just yet but :thumbsup: to all moderator and seniors who keep this site up. :good:.
I found out the display of GMXT is abit dull, anyone tried to modify the display..ie: not only day / night mode ? with some background display or something? cause i accidentally go to -> manage my data -> try to change my home address, but end up deleted all the data :cry: , so i thought i set the "factory" default would recover it..then end up it did not..and i found the display looked weird / different b4 i set to default. hmm..any similar cases?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:38 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Posts: 2887
Location: KUL, MY
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
Chester wrote:
...
so i thought i set the "factory" default would recover it..then end up it did not..and i found the display looked weird / different b4 i set to default. hmm..any similar cases?

Maybe last time your setting here was like this: Tools > Settings > Map > Most.

_________________
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 2553
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
Chester wrote:
cause i accidentally go to -> manage my data -> try to change my home address, but end up deleted all the data :cry:

Don't cry. See if you are lucky or not. Read this.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group