Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: How to use N82 with MSM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:59 pm 

GPS: Nokia
Hello Seniors,

I tried to install GMXT to my N82 but it requests me to pair with bluetooth GPS.
Can anyone teach me how to pair to internal GPS?
Cheers

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
jerry06 wrote:
Hello Seniors,

I tried to install GMXT to my N82 but it requests me to pair with bluetooth GPS.
Can anyone teach me how to pair to internal GPS?
Cheers

Oh... To use GMXT with internal GPS, you have to purchase the version which comes in a memory card. :mrgreen:

Last edited by bartmp8 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Topic will be merged into "GMXT - Nokia Symbian: Questions & Guide Part 2" at a later date

Post subject: Tranfer Lic to diff hp
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:17 am 

GPS: G900 + GARMIN X10
Dear Bro & Sis....

I like to know can i tranfer my Garmin GPS 10X Lic from my old hp to use on my new hp. My old hp is SE G900 and my new hp is Nokia E71. I been trying to search for the pg to download the software for my hp... Which software shd i use n is in which webpage.

pls help.... sori I'm a computer caveman :tq:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:40 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
denwa89 wrote:
Dear Bro & Sis....

I like to know can i tranfer my Garmin GPS 10X Lic from my old hp to use on my new hp. My old hp is SE G900 and my new hp is Nokia E71. I been trying to search for the pg to download the software for my hp... Which software shd i use n is in which webpage.

You don't have to transfer anything. I believe the maps should be using the 10X's GPSID not the one from GMXT.
Just pair your 10X with the new phone, install web-downloaded GMXT and your current map into the SD card,
do the setup and you're good to go.

Last edited by bartmp8 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
This Topic will be merged into "GMXT - Nokia Symbian: Questions & Guide Part 2" at a later date

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
denwa89 wrote:

As you are a self confessed caveman :mrgreen: , I linked for you the specific installer for your Nokia E71:
Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian S60 3rd Edition Ver. 5.00.50 as of Apr 15, 2009
bartmp8 wrote:
install web-downloaded GMXT and your current map into the SD card,
do the setup and you're good to go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:21 pm 

GPS: Malaysia
Hi bros, i'm using MSM in my GMXT, and my colleague using MFM, i see that the map display in his GMXT is "with" logos of POI like petrol station in it...
but mine is just plain coordination of road.
So is it a way to make the map (when navigating) can see POI?

Another Question i wanto seek some information is what difference is Nokia Map and Garmin?
i know it's abit noob, but just to increase knowledge from seniours here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:45 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Chester wrote:
Hi bros, i'm using MSM in my GMXT, and my colleague using MFM, i see that the map display in his GMXT is "with" logos of POI like petrol station in it...
but mine is just plain coordination of road.
So is it a way to make the map (when navigating) can see POI?

Another Question i wanto seek some information is what difference is Nokia Map and Garmin?
i know it's abit noob, but just to increase knowledge from seniours here.

As for your first question, I think you can see the amount of details you want to see from least to most
and anything in between. Play around with your setting.

MSM also have "logos" if you are using the latest maps. However, different maps done by different people
will have individualistic characteristics. This also answers your second questions. Its like asking what is
the difference between TM Fixed line and Digi.

Both are GPS maps
Compiled by different companies
Maps are used in different GPS or softwares running the GPSr

I don't use Nokia Maps but I think one major difference is: (I could be wrong)
Garmin Map access is FREE i.e you just have to expose your GPSr to the open sky/satellites
Nokia maps can be used indoors if you connect thru AGPS (using data transfer between phone and
Telco (pay).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:13 pm 

GPS: Holux 1000
Zeus73 wrote:
Firstly, the route calculated wasn't accurate, they were based on the nearest highway not the shortest route path. Thus if i didn't drive that road often, i won't be able to know that the route suggested by Garmin+MalSing is a longer detour.

My Garmin XT wasn't able to connect to more than 3 GPS at a period of time. Is it a problem with the phone or a problem with Garmin XT software?
:welcome:
For routing, GMXT only got 3 options. Faster Time, Shorter Distance or Off Road. To change, select Tools -> Settings -> Routing -> Route Preference.

For satellites signal issue, try standing under clear blue sky away from trees and building. See if there's improvement.

Normally need signal from at least 3 satellites for 2D GPS location and 4 or more for 3D one. Some solar films in car will reduce the GPS signal strength. Do take note of this too.

Hi all,

I encounter a routing problem using the NT 2009.5 map. I was trying to navigate from Tampines Central to Compassvale Link (in Buangkok)... apparently, GMXT guided me via the scenic Old Tampines Road instead of TPE... Is there a way for me to specify preference of expressways like in MapKing? I am using the default route preference of "Faster Time"... but seems like it's not the fastest path. Just wondering how does it determine the "Faster Time"? BTW, what is "Off Road"? Appreciate any help on this. Thks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
medscy wrote:
Hi all,

I encounter a routing problem using the NT 2009.5 map. I was trying to navigate from Tampines Central to Compassvale Link (in Buangkok)... apparently, GMXT guided me via the scenic Old Tampines Road instead of TPE... Is there a way for me to specify preference of expressways like in MapKing? I am using the default route preference of "Faster Time"... but seems like it's not the fastest path. Just wondering how does it determine the "Faster Time"? BTW, what is "Off Road"? Appreciate any help on this. Thks.

Hmm... What is your exact start and destination?

I did a brief check from "Century Square" to "Shop N Save Compassvale" on GMXT. It does route using TPE.

Can you check your "Avoidance Setup" as well?

Btw, if you select "Off Road", the route will be a straight line between the start point and destination.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 pm 

GPS: Holux 1000
Zeus73 wrote:
Hmm... What is your exact start and destination?

I did a brief check from "Century Square" to "Shop N Save Compassvale" on GMXT. It does route using TPE.

Can you check your "Avoidance Setup" as well?

Btw, if you select "Off Road", the route will be a straight line between the start point and destination.

Hi Zeus73, my start location is Blk 137 Tampines St 11 and my destination is 265A Compassvale Link. The destination is not near Compass Point... In fact, it's nearer to Hougang/Buangkok. I have "Toll Roads, U-turns, Unpaved Roads" checked for avoidance set up. BTW, just out of curiosity... can you specify your start location? I thought GMXT cannot select start point? It is based on your last GPS location?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next