Garmin User B : You own other Garmin GPS units : Nuvi 2xx 3xx 6xx 7xx, Colorado, Oregon, 60CSx, 60Cx etc. which you purchased from other markets : US, UK, Europe, Australia (other than MY/Sg SKUs)
1. Download the zip files below (gmapprom1.img and gmapprom1.unl). Current version is MSM NT 2009.5. 2009.3 is now outdated.
2. Backup all existing map files in your unit. We are not responsible if you delete any of the files that came with your unit. Please be careful.
Unzip the 2 files: (i) gmapprom1.img and (ii) gmapprom1.unl
3. Goto here to Garmin Singapore website to get your unl code. For Nuvi's you can find your GPSID under Tools - Settings - System - About . Other unit varies but you should be able to find it.
http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/s ... yMapUnlock
unl.jpg [ 37.35 KiB | Viewed 59052 times ]
4. Double click the gmapprom1.unl file. It will ask you what program do you wish to use to open the file. Select "Notepad". Paste the 25-digit unlock code generated from Garmin website into the .unl file, then "Save". Some OS allow you to right click the unl file and edit the file. Same results either way.
- I dont understand this part.
5. Connect your GPS to the PC and browse its internal memory. There is a "Garmin". Copy over gmapprom1.img and gmapprom1.unl into that folder. Do not save it into the "Garmin" folder of your SD card. This map is referred throughout this site as MSM NT2009.XX General Release version.
6. You're done.
MSM NT 2009.XX JCV version - contains encrypted Junction View images (viewable by selected MY/SG SKus only), proper junction / exit identification (more than 1000), built-in speed indicator, Lane Assist info, lightning fast recalculation, SG postal code (not POI based).
MSM NT 2009.XX General release version - small file, no Junction View images, proper junction / exit identification (more than 1000), built-in speed limit indicator, Lane Assist info, lightning fast recalculation, SG postal code (not POI based).
Units tested and proven working for Garmin User B: US Colorado 300, US Oregon 300, US 60CSx, US Nuvi 660. We are expecting very high compatibility but do report errors if you have found any here. Nuvi 300 user please read this viewtopic.php?p=153217#p153217
Note: Garmin NT format is not compatible to Que / GPSMap60c or earlier model.