Should I Continue Make Contribution to MalSing Web Site

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

nac9031
Regular
Regular
GPS: nuvi 760TWN, N82

Re: Should I Continue Make Contribution to MalSing Web Site

#41 Post by nac9031 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Noah wrote: On the other hand, mappers at MFM are known to make money from this endeavour, which is their right of course. So go ahead to MFM and contribute there. The mappers there will receive you with open arms (and palms). :$$: :$$: :$$:
Noah, I haven't make any money and any benefit from Mapping in malfreemaps and I don't think anyone of malfreemaps mappers have make anything, Profit or Benefit from MFM maps.

Mapping just what I do for my free time.
:-'

TAKE IT BACK and APOLOGIZE IN PUBLIC FORUM

alyem
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 710, Garmin Legend HCx, Oregon 300

#42 Post by alyem » Mon May 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Noah wrote: On the other hand, mappers at MFM are known to make money from this endeavour, which is their right of course. :$$: :$$: :$$:
Can you proof it. ??? :fire: :fire:
9W2YYL

9W2CBL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 200 (US Version)
Nuvi 255W (TWN Version)
MobileXT (V5.00.30)

#43 Post by 9W2CBL » Mon May 18, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm sure that MFM mapper doesn't collect money for the work that they have done. The only collected money is to support their server in order their forum to be up all the time. And further they have not impose any restriction that require member to pay for the map.

They were asking goodself from member to contribute some fund to support payment for the server.

And the monthly contribution is publish public for all to see. Nothing is being hide by the mapper of MFM.

So your accusation I not that agreed to it! Please clarify if possible before anything goes wrong!

Cheers!
The real problem is not whether machine think but whether men do!

Noah
Senior Mapper
GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465

#44 Post by Noah » Mon May 18, 2009 11:44 pm

I can prove it:
m3tech-contract.png
Source: http://antyong.net/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ntract.png

Can you prove allegations made by your instigators here:

http://forum.mypdacafe.com/viewtopic.php?t=19989

There are more allegations made on MFM but I'd rather not quote from there.

How does it feel to be on the receiving end of being accused of making money out of this hobby when we are not? It hurts doesn't it? Malsingmaps mappers have been hurting from your instigators ever since the split. Perpetuated by none other than your head honcho. Why don't you go to each and every thread spreading false allegations about us and correcting them before we continue this conversation.
Mappers wanted. Read this to get started. Payment = Recognition = Priceless.
We don't just build maps. We build relationships.

Follow our map updates on Twitter

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

#45 Post by adilothman » Tue May 19, 2009 6:18 am

Ok folks. Let's cool it. We've all gone down this road before. No sense inflaming either side.

Let's get back to enjoying our hobby lah. What is important is that users have different maps to load and use in their units.

Gone are the days that users must load a single definitive map into their units. The power of choice is in the hands of the users - they can load all the maps and toggle off and on whichever map they want at any given time. If Map A doesnt lead the user to Location B, they can toggle off to Map B. If user wants Exit Info in city areas, they toggle on Map A. Whatever the case may be, the users need not make a choice with their dollars and cents because the maps are free.

Our latest MSM NT 2009.5 test build is already out of the oven for testing. Hopefully it can be out for public release not too far in the future. I think for both sides, let's not dwell on the past and create any more animosity between the two. Both communities have similar goals - and at the end of the day it benefits the end users.
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

JBNEWGUY_2005
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 765 SgMy

#46 Post by JBNEWGUY_2005 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:19 am

Yes all Pls cool down !! :D
Now we know that who is the real big instigator at here.
criticized one, do not criticized all. this is the mistake.
Please just stop it..Do what you feel in your heart to be right-for
pls continue improve our map.
:tq:

bro Adil,
Just lock this thread.

Thanks

ku6736
GPS: NUVI200

#47 Post by ku6736 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:22 am

Noah wrote:Hi ku6736, You can rename D1417000c.img to gmapsupp.img.

HTH
Yes, of course I can do it.
It just make me a bit unsure what I am doing it.

chick
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 255W

#48 Post by chick » Tue May 19, 2009 10:32 am

Noah wrote:The cgpsmapper compiled MSM is released at least one month earlier than the Garmin compiled NT maps. This is because Wsian needs to do a lot of post-processing on the source file to fit Garmin's specifications. Membership has its priviliges at MSM and if you contribute tracklogs and waypoints you'll get the updated maps a month earlier. In fact, we give out unlock codes on-credit for newbies. This means you'll get the unlock codes without making any contributions but we hope you will contribute tracklogs and waypoints in the future so that our maps are the best out there.

And did you know that MSM mappers don't make money because we're bloody idiots? That's right. Why are we so stupid not wanting to be paid for doing all this hard work? Because we make money from our day jobs as hard working lawyers, engineers, technicians, teachers, cab drivers, policemen, lift operators, pharmacists, travel bum, retirees and healers. Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs dictates us to do something philanthropic to achieve self actualization. That's where this mapping hobby comes in and does it for us. Here is where we make friends, true friends.

On the other hand, mappers at MFM are known to make money from this endeavour, which is their right of course. So go ahead to MFM and contribute there. The mappers there will receive you with open arms (and palms). :$$: :$$: :$$:
Mind your statements. Inflammation of non-truth.....
Last edited by chick on Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

ku6736
GPS: NUVI200

#49 Post by ku6736 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:35 am

JBNEWGUY_2005 wrote:Yes all Pls cool down !! :D
Now we know that who is the real big instigator at here.
criticized one, do not criticized all. this is the mistake.
Please just stop it..Do what you feel in your heart to be right-for
pls continue improve our map.
:tq:

bro Adil,
Just lock this thread.

Thanks
Better still, censored all comments unfavourable to MalSing.

chick
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 255W

#50 Post by chick » Tue May 19, 2009 11:03 am

adilothman wrote:Ok folks. Let's cool it. We've all gone down this road before. No sense inflaming either side.

Let's get back to enjoying our hobby lah. What is important is that users have different maps to load and use in their units.

Gone are the days that users must load a single definitive map into their units. The power of choice is in the hands of the users - they can load all the maps and toggle off and on whichever map they want at any given time. If Map A doesnt lead the user to Location B, they can toggle off to Map B. If user wants Exit Info in city areas, they toggle on Map A. Whatever the case may be, the users need not make a choice with their dollars and cents because the maps are free.

Our latest MSM NT 2009.5 test build is already out of the oven for testing. Hopefully it can be out for public release not too far in the future. I think for both sides, let's not dwell on the past and create any more animosity between the two. Both communities have similar goals - and at the end of the day it benefits the end users.
Hi Adilothman,

I trust that you are a good leader for the group.

Unfortunately, it is those others in the group who has 'pushed' me away from being a mapper for MSM. I have seen my contribution 'stolen' without my consent even when I did not submit to MSM, which I have never take it out in public nor make 'accusatory postings' in MSM.

I agrees that both groups should stay on course as mutual respect and working towards common goals just stand to benefit the targeted audience - the consumers. Anymore of such accusations between the groups just harm the community and in turn, hurts the consumers.