GMXT - Questions & Guide Part3

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

sentravip
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 200

Re: P1i no map problem

#11 Post by sentravip » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 pm

To leryee... Sorry, just curious... If there's no GPSr involved, how to contribute? Thanks

leryee
GPS: p1i

#12 Post by leryee » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:20 pm

sentravip wrote:To leryee... Sorry, just curious... If there's no GPSr involved, how to contribute? Thanks
You can contribute by having viewing the latest map on mapsource. Therefore you can start contributing if you see that there's any changes on the latest map. :)

isis18
GPS: garmin 10x

#13 Post by isis18 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi guys

Any idea where can i get software P1i?

i m currently using holux gpslim 236.

Thanks

who
GPS: P1i

#14 Post by who » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:00 am

dvpro wrote:The default location if you've never had a GPS fix is somewhere in the US. You've got to simulate a New Location somewhere within the map, to "see" the map. Not sure about UIQ MXT, but in WM MXT, the setting is at [Settings] [System] [Remote GPS] [GPS Info] [New Location], zoom out, browse to desired location, zoom in and select. And as stated by Baba, having a Basemap will definitely help this process, get it here (if you don't have it already): http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... sp?id=3645
I got it all to work and nid to ask a noobish Q. I dont have a GPS and did the above like u said but everytime i on the Garmin it alway goes back to somewhere in UK. I got the base map and MalSing map install.

Thanks for any help :)

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#15 Post by dvpro » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:22 am

who wrote:...
I dont have a GPS and did the above like u said but everytime i on the Garmin it alway goes back to somewhere in UK. I got the base map and MalSing map install.
That's how it's supposed to work, as a workaround you can replace GARMIN.NVM in main \Garmin folder with the same file from someone with MXT (preferably using the same platform as it have settings which may not be compatible with other platform of MXT) who has had the last GPS fix around the area that you need MXT to start with.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

who

#16 Post by who » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:34 am

dvpro wrote:....as a workaround you can replace GARMIN.NVM in main \Garmin folder with the same file from someone with MXT (preferably using the same platform as it have settings which may not be compatible with other platform of MXT) who has had the last GPS fix around the area that you need MXT to start with.

arrhh thanks for the quick response. i temp using it as a street directory .

thanks

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

#17 Post by sabre23t » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:40 am

leryee wrote:
sentravip wrote:To leryee... Sorry, just curious... If there's no GPSr involved, how to contribute? Thanks
You can contribute by having viewing the latest map on mapsource. Therefore you can start contributing if you see that there's any changes on the latest map. :)
Yes, leryee even without a GPSr you can contribute to Malsingmaps. :-'
See http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... alsingmaps for more options on contributing.
The world is MyMaps!

who

#18 Post by who » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:15 am

saw few wrong entry on the source map . so I PM or post on the thread? got new red light camera position but I dont have GPS how to feeback?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#19 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:23 am

who wrote:saw few wrong entry on the source map . so I PM or post on the thread? got new red light camera position but I dont have GPS how to feedback?

Bro Who, did you not read one post above yours, by bro sabre23t who post a link on error reporting ? Please do spend some time reading.

Not having a GPS does not mean that you cannot report errors , new POI etc.... All you need to do is to download Public version Mapsource and use it for error reporting, new POI ....

afterfive

#20 Post by afterfive » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:23 pm

HI, all Sifu:
I have success installed the garmin XT into my P1i and already loaded with malsing map. which i went to tool --> manage my data--> map sets --> it shown GM-MYSin V2.15. But when i try to view map, it shown me blank and no map. it is mean that i must have GPS on and connected only i able to view the map ??? is it i can use any type of GPS device ??

TQ!