Adding Voices to your Nuvi/GMXT - Part 2

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: Is there a better GPS voice?

#11 Post by Redstorm » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:10 pm

leewei wrote:Good day!

I am a new member here after purchasing a garmin nuvi 1300 recently, i just installed a malaysia and singapore map after learning it in this forum. However I have encountered a problem, the pronunciation is really bad! Couldn't really get what my two girlfriend Emily and Karen were talking on the GPS unless I looked at it.

Is there any alternatives to this?
That's the problem with caucasians speaking road names in Malay and Chinese. Most of the time, their pronounciation can be hilarious. Unfortunately, there is no Asian voice speaking English and you have to bear with it or the other alternative is to use one without TTS. :mrgreen: For your information, many TTS users, including yours truely, prefer Karen's sexy voice. :lol: :lol:
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

alfredkoh
GPS: garmin 3790

Spongebob Voice pack

#12 Post by alfredkoh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Anyone here has Spongebob Voice as in free? I don't really feel to pay for a voice.
My kids gonna love it!! Pleaseeee. Thank you.

And is there anyway I can put taiwan maps on my garmin with sd card? Is there any link that I can follow steps?

Greatly appreciated the help.

I'm a noobie here.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Spongebob Voice pack

#13 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:17 pm

alfredkoh wrote:Anyone here has Spongebob Voice as in free? I don't really feel to pay for a voice.
My kids gonna love it!! Pleaseeee. Thank you.
SpongeBob voice available at Garmin Website for USD$5.99. Consider it as buying a toy for your kids :mrgreen: http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/nickelodeon/

And is there anyway I can put taiwan maps on my garmin with sd card? Is there any link that I can follow steps?
Never seen a third party community one. Taiwan Map is a commercial map available via local Garmin distributor or via Garmin Taiwan website www.garmin.com.tw

Greatly appreciated the help.

I'm a noobie here.

Jansenchua
GPS: Nuvi260

Re: Need help with NUVI 260 map download

#14 Post by Jansenchua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 am

Thank you so much! Now gotta figure out how to get the voice back into the device. Think I lost the voice files when the GPS crashed earlier. :(

Jansenchua

#15 Post by Jansenchua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:08 am

NUVI 260 map download completed successfully. Thanks again. Can claim your free beer from 91917927. :) Been trying to restore voice files. Hope to get a tts file otherwise basic voice just as goo. Tried Garmin and same websites but to no avail so far. Able to advise how to get my voice files back into Garmin. It still says "none" under language setting after I loaded couple of voice files from Garmin and put it under voice folder. Help!!

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#16 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:31 am

Jansenchua wrote:NUVI 260 map download completed successfully. Thanks again. Can claim your free beer from 91917927. :) Been trying to restore voice files. Hope to get a tts file otherwise basic voice just as goo. Tried Garmin and same websites but to no avail so far. Able to advise how to get my voice files back into Garmin. It still says "none" under language setting after I loaded couple of voice files from Garmin and put it under voice folder. Help!!

Try Garmin webupdater http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupda ... nstall.jsp

Jansenchua

#17 Post by Jansenchua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:35 am

Just did after I read the other posts on similar problems and it works. Thank you! :) You guys are great!

Jansenchua

#18 Post by Jansenchua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 am

I also tried loading i-phone GPS application, amaZe onto my iphone4 but it does not seem to be accurate as a GPS. Either that or I might not have used it correctly. Any advice on suitable iphone GPS apps with voice feature?