Loading MSM into NUVI Part 5

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
Message
Author
User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3134
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Help regarding Singapore maps

#171 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:04 am

EugeneSWT wrote:Hi Guys,

Could someone please tell me how to swap the current map on my Garmin Nuvi 1260T to a Singaporean one? I purchased my unit in Canada and it has pre-installed maps of N America.

Any help most appreciated!

Regards,

Eugene
Hi Eugene,

:welcome: to MSM. Whatever you do, don't touch the pre-installed Canadian Map. If you deleted it, its gone forever.
I suggest you do some reading first:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 27#p141527

Some of the screen-shots refer to the older Nuvis but the general idea is the same. Keep reading until
you see your relevant post. btw, latest map is MSM v5.05

EugeneSWT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 am
GPS: Garmin nuvi 1260T
Contact:

Re: Help regarding Singapore maps

#172 Post by EugeneSWT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks.

I've managed to download the gmapsupp file onto my Garmin device with the USB cable provided instead of using a SD card.

There are the following folders on the device: Garmin, GPX, Jpeg, keyboard, reports, text, vehicle and voice.

I understand that the gmapsupp file needs to be in the correct folder? Which one is it? Or do I have to create a new one?

Please help!

Regards,

Eugene

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3134
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Help regarding Singapore maps

#173 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 pm

EugeneSWT wrote:Thanks.

I've managed to download the gmapsupp file onto my Garmin device with the USB cable provided instead of using a SD card.

There are the following folders on the device: Garmin, GPX, Jpeg, keyboard, reports, text, vehicle and voice.

I understand that the gmapsupp file needs to be in the correct folder? Which one is it? Or do I have to create a new one?

Please help!

Regards,

Eugene
Stick it in the same folder as your existing Canadian map. Make sure they are not the same file name otherwise
you'll kiss the Canadian map goodbye. Go back to the link I gave you to learn how you can "deactivate" the Canadian
or any other map you have in your unit.

EugeneSWT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 am
GPS: Garmin nuvi 1260T
Contact:

Re: Help regarding Singapore maps

#174 Post by EugeneSWT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:59 pm

I actually don't know what the Canadian map file looks like? I've moved the gmapsupp file into the Garmin folder and unchecked the N American map but it still isn't picking up any signal?

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: Help regarding Singapore maps

#175 Post by Redstorm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 am

EugeneSWT wrote:I actually don't know what the Canadian map file looks like? I've moved the gmapsupp file into the Garmin folder and unchecked the N American map but it still isn't picking up any signal?
Your Canadian map isn't in the Garmin folder as far as the Nuvi 1xxx series are concerned. You have to go to the root directory where the map is stored. Instead of storing in the main memory, I would suggest you put it in the microSD card. All you need to do is to create a Map folder in your card and put the map there. You can also rename the name from gmapsupp to any name you assign to it.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

orionmystery
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 am
GPS: 255w
Contact:

Re: 255W - no new maps?

#176 Post by orionmystery » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Downloaded and installed, thanks, SilverBeauty.

As to what i downloaded from Garmin site:

SgMyMal_2010.40_1350.exe

Gargmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia 2010.30

Even after installation, my map info still shows the same old maps:

Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2009.40
[1]MSM

City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia/NT 2009.31
[1]SGP_MYS_NT_TA200907_JCV 2009.31

User avatar
miezarnd
Senior Mapper
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 am
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k
Location: Puncak Alam, SEL
Contact:

Re: 255W - no new maps?

#177 Post by miezarnd » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:42 pm

orionmystery wrote:Downloaded and installed, thanks, SilverBeauty.

As to what i downloaded from Garmin site:

SgMyMal_2010.40_1350.exe

Gargmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia 2010.30

Even after installation, my map info still shows the same old maps:

Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2009.40
[1]MSM

City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia/NT 2009.31
[1]SGP_MYS_NT_TA200907_JCV 2009.31
Did the installation file for NT2010.40 asked you to insert SDCard during installation?
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

orionmystery
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 am
GPS: 255w
Contact:

Re: 255W - no new maps?

#178 Post by orionmystery » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:51 pm

No...i already have an SD card in the 255W so i just proceeded to install these two:

SgMyMal_2010.40_1350.exe

Gargmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia 2010.30

into the SD card. But when i checked map info..still the old versions.

But the MSM NT v5.05 is there.

User avatar
Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2619
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
Contact:

Re: 255W - no new maps?

#179 Post by Zeus73 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:19 pm

orionmystery wrote:No...i already have an SD card in the 255W so i just proceeded to install these two:

SgMyMal_2010.40_1350.exe

Gargmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia 2010.30

into the SD card. But when i checked map info..still the old versions.

But the MSM NT v5.05 is there.
Err... Can I assume that you are running the EXE files from your PC and not by copying both the files into the SD Card? :-k

orionmystery
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 am
GPS: 255w
Contact:

Re: 255W - no new maps?

#180 Post by orionmystery » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Yes, i ran the exe from my laptop and select my sd card as the destination when prompted.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests