Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
booelim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:54 pm
GPS: Garmin 255W
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#11 Post by booelim » Fri May 06, 2011 3:09 pm

Can support 255w?

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#12 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri May 06, 2011 3:15 pm

booelim wrote:Can support 255w?

Garmin Nuvi 255W will support MSM NT maps but Junction View will only function with localized firmware.

booelim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:54 pm
GPS: Garmin 255W
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#13 Post by booelim » Fri May 06, 2011 3:51 pm

What is localized firmware? My 255W bought from US, so Junction View can function or not?
SilverBeauty wrote:Garmin Nuvi 255W will support MSM NT maps but Junction View will only function with localized firmware.

User avatar
Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2611
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#14 Post by Zeus73 » Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm

booelim wrote:My 255W bought from US, so Junction View can function or not?
Your 255W does not support JCV.

Read this.

vash_h
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:01 am
GPS: Garmin 205W
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#15 Post by vash_h » Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 pm

miezarnd wrote:No. you cannot. Junction View & Lane Assist are not supported in 205W. :-'
junction view is supported la.. it works when i drove in taiwan using its native taiwan map..

for those that understand chinese, here is the features of my taiwanese Nuvi 205W
http://garmin.com.tw/products/Nuvi205W_TWN/index.htm

or a line direct from the website:
nuvi 205W 汽車導航產品,具備Garmin優異的人性化操作介面,讓您一指搞定、一分鐘快速上手、十分鐘輕鬆上路。
日夜間自動切換模式的3D複雜路口實景繪製圖
nuvi 205W內建複雜路口3D實景繪製圖,並全面支援路牌顯示!
路口3D實景繪製圖 = 3D junction view..

perhaps for other region's 205W im not sure.. but i can confirm 205W taiwanese got junction view. lane assist dont have la but JV got.. and its even covered in the manual :)

so..

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3064
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#16 Post by bartmp8 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:03 pm

According to https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=13432&ra=true, the MY/SG SKU 205W
does not support LA and JCV. If the Even-though the Taiwan unit does, it is still considered as a non-local
unit and thus cannot use the JCV here. You only option is to use the MSM NT v5.13. It does have certain
JCV for KL area. More JCV will be added in future map updates.

vash_h
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:01 am
GPS: Garmin 205W
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#17 Post by vash_h » Sat May 07, 2011 6:55 am

bartmp8 wrote:According to https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=13432&ra=true, the MY/SG SKU 205W
does not support LA and JCV. If the Even-though the Taiwan unit does, it is still considered as a non-local
unit and thus cannot use the JCV here. You only option is to use the MSM NT v5.13. It does have certain
JCV for KL area. More JCV will be added in future map updates.
thanks bro.. :wave:

Forgestryker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 6:45 pm
GPS: Garmin 255W
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#18 Post by Forgestryker » Thu May 19, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi teachers,

I would like to ask you a question. I have a Garmin 255W nuvi that i bought about 2 years ago. It is a refurbished set from a guy who gets them from Garmin. How do i check if it is LSKU or its "international"?

Also i want to update my SG/MY maps and if possible maps in Australia and NZ which are also in the Garmin set when i purchased it. Which map should i go for?

Its confusing lehhhh...

Thanks in advance

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#19 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Forgestryker wrote:Hi teachers,

I would like to ask you a question. I have a Garmin 255W nuvi that i bought about 2 years ago. It is a refurbished set from a guy who gets them from Garmin. How do i check if it is LSKU or its "international"?

Also i want to update my SG/MY maps and if possible maps in Australia and NZ which are also in the Garmin set when i purchased it. Which map should i go for?

Its confusing lehhhh...

Thanks in advance
Bro forgestryker, refurbished sets are unlikely to be localized units.

Preloaded maps on refurbished sets are unlikely to have free updates. You will have to buy the newer version maps.

sarankk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 11:45 pm
GPS: Garmin
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#20 Post by sarankk » Sun May 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Support Garmin nuvi 1370T? brought in Taiwan...
Thanx in advance...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests