Screen protector

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

stkong
Tracker
GPS: Garmin Mobile XT, Garmin 10x, Garmin Nuvi 3790

Screen protector

#1 Post by stkong » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi guys,

i have been search for this topic, but don't see any informative one.
Since a lot of sifu / guru here, i would like to know whether you guys use any screen protector for your devices?

Please do not feel hesitate to share your experience of the screen protector, brand, where to get it and so on.

So far, i have done some search on the net and found these:
1) ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD
2) Clarivue

The ZAGG's invinsibleSHIELD looks great, which have the full body coverage (http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/gar ... hields.php). However, does any one here used it before?

Look forward to hear from you guys soon. Please do share here yeah, thanks. :wave: :rokz: :wave:

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: Screen protector

#2 Post by Redstorm » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:29 pm

stkong wrote:Hi guys,

i have been search for this topic, but don't see any informative one.
Since a lot of sifu / guru here, i would like to know whether you guys use any screen protector for your devices?

Please do not feel hesitate to share your experience of the screen protector, brand, where to get it and so on.

So far, i have done some search on the net and found these:
1) ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD
2) Clarivue

The ZAGG's invinsibleSHIELD looks great, which have the full body coverage (http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/gar ... hields.php). However, does any one here used it before?

Look forward to hear from you guys soon. Please do share here yeah, thanks. :wave: :rokz: :wave:
I don't see a need for it. As far as I know, very few people use a screen protector for the GPS device. Unlike other electronic gadgets like hp where the screen is made of glass and can be easily scratch, except for the high end Nuvi 3790, the rest of model's screen are not glass and is not easily scratchable. Don't waste your money on it unless you have the 3790. I own the 3790 but I don't need a screen protector as I have a leather pouch to keep it when not in use.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

stkong
Tracker

#3 Post by stkong » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:49 pm

i see, my 3790 should be on the way and reach me any time. so thinking of the protection before i get it.
thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#4 Post by cruiser » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:30 pm

A screen protector is basically what it says and meant to serve... :mrgreen:

So, should your screen be one that is of a sensitive surface like what Nuvi has included in the 3xxx series, it is again like in the case of Redstorm's caution thru his own pouch, you may re-consider. I think I might but then again, from the feedback gained by another like Silverbeauty's opinion, it remains unnecessary as it might indeed invoke the "sense" and response touch altogether, a matter of debate here with quality protectors offered on the market.

I have and trust no other than the ZAGG since my 1st purchase to protect my other TomTom GO 910 and the current TT 950 GO Live but is also protecting the Nuvi 775T which I hardly use 2B honest and now, after receiving another for my 5" Nuvi 1490TV (which I didn't protect it as yet), I might just use it for the 3790 after all. I basically don't use any pouches at all as I slip them in my other better suited>>> notebook/large Tablet-sized mens carrier bag which additionally houses two GPS units for the road. :thumbsup:

The main difference with ZAGG as oppose to all others out there is the price which is reasonable and better value actually given the fact for its warranty and its special element incorporated to precisely withstand & protect the surface and further allow that extra sensory touch to seep through... unlike many, much thinner and far lower quality screen protectors. Btw, with ZAGG, there's no fingerprint shown which is something to truly consider as well. :-$ \:D/
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#5 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 am

My 3790 has been "heavily" used for almost 6 months now, no screen protector, no visible scratches on screen via view of naked eye :thumbsup: , unless you want to look under 50x microscope :mrgreen: :-'

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

#6 Post by jasonlee » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:48 pm

My view of a screen protector is to preserve the GPS so that it can fetch maximum value on resale or if I intend to keep it forever.

From my experience, if my GPS is already 3 years old, it is already obsolete and time for a change. I would not care what condition it is in then. After 3 years, it is unreasonable to expect you can sell it for even 50% of the price you paid. Even without a screen protector, it is unlikely for it to have serious scratches in 3 years because we use our fingers to touch the screen unlike PDAs where you may use a stylus to touch. I would say save your money. It is unnecessary.
Lean not on your own understanding

stkong
Tracker

#7 Post by stkong » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:58 am

jasonlee wrote:My view of a screen protector is to preserve the GPS so that it can fetch maximum value on resale or if I intend to keep it forever.

From my experience, if my GPS is already 3 years old, it is already obsolete and time for a change. I would not care what condition it is in then. After 3 years, it is unreasonable to expect you can sell it for even 50% of the price you paid. Even without a screen protector, it is unlikely for it to have serious scratches in 3 years because we use our fingers to touch the screen unlike PDAs where you may use a stylus to touch. I would say save your money. It is unnecessary.
you got a point here \:D/
but for some users, they would like to take care of their units. even the unit is totally obsolete and yet still can be used, the worse they can still keep it nicely as a collection ma~ :thumbsup:

I personally like my things to be in mint condition as the moment i receive it (as good as possible lar). this is not for the resell value, at least i still can keep it nicely for the collection if it retire. :thumbsup:

not to say that i wouldn't use frequently, of cause i'm going to use as often as i can since i own it.

anyway, thanks for the comment. and no hard feeling here, don't worry. :tq: :thumbsup: :rokz:

rohiza23
Tracker
GPS: besta gps-88 (mapking), nuvi 255w sg/my, nuvi 3790 sg/my

#8 Post by rohiza23 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 am

kindly my nuvi 3790 have the screen protector. if not some dust will stick in it and always need to be clean.

stkong
Tracker

#9 Post by stkong » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:40 pm

rohiza23 wrote:kindly my nuvi 3790 have the screen protector. if not some dust will stick in it and always need to be clean.
haha, just got mine today. the screen really sensitive to the finger prints.... a lot~~!! :whip:

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#10 Post by cruiser » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:50 pm

stkong wrote: haha, just got mine today. the screen really sensitive to the finger prints.... a lot~~!! :whip:

So, boleh tahan or cannot stand knowing/seeing them prints?? What R U planning to do abt it? :mrgreen:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.