Newbie Guide Part 5

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#31 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:52 am

Dscheng wrote:Hi Sliverbeauty,

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

Yeah, i try MSM 2014 NT v6.87 and it is working on my kenwood system. But i am not sure about the JCV, i do create a sub folder in /Garmin/JCV.

Back to my earlier question.

Currently, i am using two maps. One is MSM and the another is MFM.

Both map is named under gmapsupp.img, so i am wondering how should i rename filename in order to make it both working in my kenwood.

Try renaming the map file to any name you want *.img

JCV works or no works depends on whether the set firmware supports it.
My car ICE which is a Panasonic with Garmin firmware supports it.

Dscheng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm
GPS: Kenwood DNX5350BT, NUVI 255W
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#32 Post by Dscheng » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 am

SilverBeauty wrote:
Dscheng wrote:Hi Sliverbeauty,

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

Yeah, i try MSM 2014 NT v6.87 and it is working on my kenwood system. But i am not sure about the JCV, i do create a sub folder in /Garmin/JCV.

Back to my earlier question.

Currently, i am using two maps. One is MSM and the another is MFM.

Both map is named under gmapsupp.img, so i am wondering how should i rename filename in order to make it both working in my kenwood.

Try renaming the map file to any name you want *.img

JCV works or no works depends on whether the set firmware supports it.
My car ICE which is a Panasonic with Garmin firmware supports it.
Image
Yup both map works in my kenwood. I check the website, my model support JCV le. Not sure, why it nvr appear. :cry:

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#33 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Dscheng wrote: Yup both map works in my kenwood. I check the website, my model support JCV le. Not sure, why it nvr appear. :cry:
Support JCV is one thing, but is your set localized to Sin-Mal firmware to support JCV?

Dscheng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm
GPS: Kenwood DNX5350BT, NUVI 255W
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#34 Post by Dscheng » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:44 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
Dscheng wrote: Yup both map works in my kenwood. I check the website, my model support JCV le. Not sure, why it nvr appear. :cry:
Support JCV is one thing, but is your set localized to Sin-Mal firmware to support JCV?
I brought from authorized dealer in Singapore le.

Dscheng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm
GPS: Kenwood DNX5350BT, NUVI 255W
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#35 Post by Dscheng » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
Dscheng wrote: Yup both map works in my kenwood. I check the website, my model support JCV le. Not sure, why it nvr appear. :cry:
Support JCV is one thing, but is your set localized to Sin-Mal firmware to support JCV?
Or maybe I use together with MFM & MALSIN map? That why it will not show JCV?

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3134
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#36 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:24 am

Dscheng wrote: Or maybe I use together with MFM & MALSIN map? That why it will not show JCV?
As a general rule of thumb, you don't activate 2 maps of the same area. GPS are machines using logarithms
and they follow "rules" strictly. Having 2 maps of the same place is like a car having 2 drivers and 2 steering wheels
2 sets of paddles etc. Who is really in charge? I suggest you disable one set of map first and try again.

In case you need help, this is how you enable or disable maps installed in your GPS (choosing which map to activate)

viewtopic.php?p=142924#p142924

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests