Newbie Guide Part 5

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
3den
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:55 am
GPS: Garmin 50LM
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#11 Post by 3den » Fri May 11, 2012 11:05 am

Hi guys,

I brought a new Nuvi 50LM in malaysia(haven't receive the unit yet).

1. I understand that the this version can get free map updates/download but does that cover the other country map?

2. Say if I downloaded the taiwan maps can that maps works on my nuvi in term of displaying the words/voice? What kind of firmware needed to make this works?

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#12 Post by Redstorm » Fri May 11, 2012 11:40 am

3den wrote:Hi guys,

I brought a new Nuvi 50LM in malaysia(haven't receive the unit yet).

1. I understand that the this version can get free map updates/download but does that cover the other country map?

2. Say if I downloaded the taiwan maps can that maps works on my nuvi in term of displaying the words/voice? What kind of firmware needed to make this works?
I don't own a Nuvi that comes with lifetime map support but from what I understand, if yours is a localised set, the lifetime map support comes only with the Garmin CN Sg/My map. Maps of other countries are not included. As long as it is a Garmin, regardless of where it is bought from, any Garmin map of any country will work on any Garmin device and you don't need any firmware to make it work.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

joel_chy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 1:04 am
GPS: garmin
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#13 Post by joel_chy » Wed May 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello, need help. Im owning garmin nuvi 1250 and just download d new map from here and update the software from mygarmin.com but when I restart the software is still 2010.

And do anyone having problem locating the new Viva Mall?

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#14 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed May 16, 2012 6:00 pm

joel_chy wrote:Hello, need help. Im owning garmin nuvi 1250 and just download d new map from here and update the software from mygarmin.com but when I restart the software is still 2010.

And do anyone having problem locating the new Viva Mall?

Updating map and updating firmware are two different things.

Which one did you do ?

To update map, go to our download site thread via this link http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 84#p198684
Download the Zip file. UnZip the map file gmapsupp.img.
Go buy a SD card and create a directory/garmin
Copy the map file gmapsupp.img into it.
Plug SD card into Nuvi and enjoy updated map

Viva Mall is already in map. Co-ordinates N3 07.433 E101 43.131

porkchop
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:52 am
GPS: Dopod 838pro + holux
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#15 Post by porkchop » Sun May 20, 2012 7:42 am

I know the answer is obvious,but i am curious due to price factor,
The taiwanese garmin gps like 3in1 thing usin garmin xt vs the actual garmin nuvi, really alot of diff?? As in stability,speed of detecting satellites??

I mean those taiwanese promote as sirf iv while the garmin nuvi could be sirf iii?

Will an ori nuvi draw map faster than the taiwanese garmin xt program??

natx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 pm
GPS: Garmin
Contact:

Help with City Navigator Update

#16 Post by natx » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 am

Hey all,

I have been having trouble with my Garmin 3790V ever since I installed the latest update of Garmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2012.10. It seems that some areas just will not calculate properly especially if the to points of travel are more than 20km away (e.g. Bukit Timah to Punggol). It will end up routing some weird path that occur all off road and definitely wrong. The MalSingMap works perfectly though.

Has anyone encountered this problem after updating? Could anyone shed some light on this matter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (=

jinteik
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:36 pm
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765
Contact:

Re: Help with City Navigator Update

#17 Post by jinteik » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 pm

natx wrote:Hey all,

I have been having trouble with my Garmin 3790V ever since I installed the latest update of Garmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2012.10. It seems that some areas just will not calculate properly especially if the to points of travel are more than 20km away (e.g. Bukit Timah to Punggol). It will end up routing some weird path that occur all off road and definitely wrong. The MalSingMap works perfectly though.

Has anyone encountered this problem after updating? Could anyone shed some light on this matter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (=

If i am not wrong if there is any errors on the map you can point it out so the people incharge can correct it..but for CN I am not really sure who, so maybe the admin can tell us? thanks

User avatar
Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2619
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
Contact:

Re: Help with City Navigator Update

#18 Post by Zeus73 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:48 pm

jinteik wrote:If i am not wrong if there is any errors on the map you can point it out so the people incharge can correct it..but for CN I am not really sure who, so maybe the admin can tell us? thanks
For CN map, please contact Garmin Asia at marketing.asia@garmin.com.

natx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 pm
GPS: Garmin
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#19 Post by natx » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 pm

thanks for the replies. I have emailed them since yesterday. Been one working day already, shall wait patiently for a reply (=

any idea how to turn off the ERP toll expiration for the 3790V? Think that might be the cause of my troubles

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Newbie Guide Part 5

#20 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 am

natx wrote:thanks for the replies. I have emailed them since yesterday. Been one working day already, shall wait patiently for a reply (=

any idea how to turn off the ERP toll expiration for the 3790V? Think that might be the cause of my troubles

MainMenu - Tools - Settings - Navigation - Automobile - NuRoute - ERP Cost Saving - "Choose Disable"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests