How to install map

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: How to install map

#11 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 am

titanax wrote:It still doesn't work. The map does not get loaded at all.

I even tried copying directly into the /.system folder. The map does not load!

There's nothing wrong with the way I'm doing it coz as I mentioned before I also loaded it on my 285W & that's working perfectly :-k

For 2465, the map file gmapsupp.img needs to be put in SD card/garmin as what Bro Redstorm advised in his earlier thread.
Alternatively, you can also put it in SD card /map directory. Advantage of putting map file in this directory, you are free to rename the file to any name you want to ie... MSM NT Sin-Mal

As a newbie, I suggest you do not "trial n error" adding / modifying files into main memory. Nuvi is VERY unforgiving to data corruption, especially map files and you will end up with a glorified paperweight :-'

Topoking88
GPS: Garmnin Nuvi 660

#12 Post by Topoking88 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am

Is there a problem in the latest map. I followed the same step as I did the last time. But this time, I don't seem to see the junction view at the any junction. Can anyone help please?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#13 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:33 am

Topoking88 wrote:Is there a problem in the latest map. I followed the same step as I did the last time. But this time, I don't seem to see the junction view at the any junction. Can anyone help please?
Bro Topoking88, did you read the print which is highlighted in red in the download thread :-?

- Product.JCV is for nüvi® that support JCV. Current JCV is just for beta test purpose with about 10 images around Kuala Lumpur.

Unquote

GPS: Nuvi 1300

#14 Post by 1300181 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi,

Anyone know how to make Nuvi 205W to support MSM 2012 NT map?
Or this model cannot support this type of map?

Thanks.

Topoking88
GPS: Garmnin Nuvi 660

#15 Post by Topoking88 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
Topoking88 wrote:Is there a problem in the latest map. I followed the same step as I did the last time. But this time, I don't seem to see the junction view at the any junction. Can anyone help please?
Bro Topoking88, did you read the print which is highlighted in red in the download thread :-?

- Product.JCV is for nüvi® that support JCV. Current JCV is just for beta test purpose with about 10 images around Kuala Lumpur.

Unquote
Brother SilverBeauty, I have completely missed that out. Must be excitement of updating the new map as the previous one has a lot of flaws. So can I combine the new map with an old JCV file? Please advise.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#16 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Topoking88 wrote:
Brother SilverBeauty, I have completely missed that out. Must be excitement of updating the new map as the previous one has a lot of flaws. So can I combine the new map with an old JCV file? Please advise.

Cannot as Map and JCV file are a matched pair.