How to extract from Google Drive_files

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

vanhelmont
GPS: Garmin nuvi 205

How to extract from Google Drive_files

#1 Post by vanhelmont » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:42 am

Hello, I successfully used malsingmaps in 2010 in my Garmin nuvi 205, and if I recall correctly downloaded a zip file that included the gmapsupp.img file. I'm trying to update for an upcoming trip, and downloaded "gmapsupp_v79.zip - Google Drive_files" which doesn't contain any .img file or gmapsupp. Have I got the wrong thing, or can somebody point me in the right direction to find out how to get the needed file out of it?

Thank you!

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: How to extract from Google Drive_files

#2 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:54 pm

vanhelmont wrote:Hello, I successfully used malsingmaps in 2010 in my Garmin nuvi 205, and if I recall correctly downloaded a zip file that included the gmapsupp.img file. I'm trying to update for an upcoming trip, and downloaded "gmapsupp_v79.zip - Google Drive_files" which doesn't contain any .img file or gmapsupp. Have I got the wrong thing, or can somebody point me in the right direction to find out how to get the needed file out of it?

Thank you!
Click on link below. Look at top of page, somewhere in center. A icon with arrow pointing down onto a line. Click on that icon
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5H7N2 ... sp=sharing

vanhelmont
GPS: Garmin nuvi 205

Re: How to extract from Google Drive_files

#3 Post by vanhelmont » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:36 pm

:thumbsup: Thank you, SilverBeauty. Yesterday I was using Firefox and I think I right clicked on what I wanted to download. Today I used Chrome, just in case it plays nicer with Google Drive, and followed your instructions, and I got the needed zip file with the .img inside. After loading the file on my GPS, I ejected it from the computer and turned it on, and it found the map.

I knew it had to be something so simple I would feel foolish for having asked. :tq: