my Nuvi 2548LMT-D is not detecting gmapsupp.img?

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

SikAsylum
GPS: garmin 201lm

my Nuvi 2548LMT-D is not detecting gmapsupp.img?

#1 Post by SikAsylum » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:00 pm

hi, i bought my Nuvi 2548LMT-D in the UK and i cant seem to install MSM into it. i had placed the gmapsupp.img into MAPS folder in the memory card even place the gmapsupp.img inside its .system file but still it wont detect the map. can someone show me how

miezarnd
Senior Mapper
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k

Re: my Nuvi 2548LMT-D is not detecting gmapsupp.img?

#2 Post by miezarnd » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:09 pm

SikAsylum wrote:hi, i bought my Nuvi 2548LMT-D in the UK and i cant seem to install MSM into it. i had placed the gmapsupp.img into MAPS folder in the memory card even place the gmapsupp.img inside its .system file but still it wont detect the map. can someone show me how
Hi SikAsylum & welcome to MSM,

Step by step map installation is in the download page. You should successfully install the map by following the method (please follow Nuvi 1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx, 40/50LM installation procedure). Should you forget to read it, please click the Newbies Pitstop page.

Please reinstall the map based on the tutorial. As a safety precaution, avoid messing up the .system folder to avoid issue with the system files.
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: my Nuvi 2548LMT-D is not detecting gmapsupp.img?

#3 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:01 pm

SikAsylum wrote:hi, i bought my Nuvi 2548LMT-D in the UK and i cant seem to install MSM into it. i had placed the gmapsupp.img into MAPS folder in the memory card even place the gmapsupp.img inside its .system file but still it wont detect the map. can someone show me how
First undo all you did back to original condition

Go buy an SD card
Create a subfolder named garmin in the sd card
Copy the gmapsupp.img into the garmin folder
Thats it.

If it still does not appear, download a fresh copy of the msm garmin map file gmapsupp.img