Page 1 of 1

Help needed for MSM 2016 NT v7.66

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:08 am
by garmin88
hi Senior,

Need some help here. Just downloaded the new version on my old Nuvi200 but it cannot recognize the map. Suspect it is because there is no unl. Do I need a unl for the new map? If yes, how to get the unl ? Thanks.

Re: Help needed for MSM 2016 NT v7.66

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:38 am
by SilverBeauty
garmin88 wrote:hi Senior,

Need some help here. Just downloaded the new version on my old Nuvi200 but it cannot recognize the map. Suspect it is because there is no unl. Do I need a unl for the new map? If yes, how to get the unl ? Thanks.

Our maps are not locked. Just unzip and put it into SD card sub-folder /garmin

Re: Help needed for MSM 2016 NT v7.66

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:50 am
by garmin88
SilverBeauty wrote:
garmin88 wrote:hi Senior,

Need some help here. Just downloaded the new version on my old Nuvi200 but it cannot recognize the map. Suspect it is because there is no unl. Do I need a unl for the new map? If yes, how to get the unl ? Thanks.

Our maps are not locked. Just unzip and put it into SD card sub-folder /garmin
hi,

Unzip to my SD card folder /garmin. filename: gmapsupp.img. still cannot work. Any idea what went wrong?

Re: Help needed for MSM 2016 NT v7.66

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:05 am
by miezarnd
Hi,

The directory structure should be like this where "G:\" is your SD card.
Untitled.png
If still cannot load, can you test with another SD card?

Re: Help needed for MSM 2016 NT v7.66

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:29 pm
by garmin88
miezarnd wrote:Hi,

The directory structure should be like this where "G:\" is your SD card.
Untitled.png
If still cannot load, can you test with another SD card?
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Tried 2 SD card and it cannot recognize the map. Use my old map on the original SD card and the it can recognize my old map. However I have to put the unlock file (unl) too. I put the MalSing 767 map to the main memory and rename to gmapprom.img and it work. Tried putting my 2nd map and rename to gmapprom1.img but it doesn't recognize the 2nd map.
Really don't know what is my problem. Can you advise how to create the unlock code for MSM767 map?

Re: Help needed for MSM 2016 NT v7.66

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:51 am
by miezarnd
garmin88 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Tried 2 SD card and it cannot recognize the map. Use my old map on the original SD card and the it can recognize my old map. However I have to put the unlock file (unl) too. I put the MalSing 767 map to the main memory and rename to gmapprom.img and it work. Tried putting my 2nd map and rename to gmapprom1.img but it doesn't recognize the 2nd map.
Really don't know what is my problem. Can you advise how to create the unlock code for MSM767 map?
MSM map version 7.xx not required any .unl file coz it's not locked. I assumed that you cannot select map coz its not available in:
Tools -> Setting -> Map -> Map Info.

If I'm not mistaken, for SD card slot, nuvi can only read gmapsupp.img file name when you place .img file in x:\Garmin\ directory.

One last option:
Try to create x:\Map\ folder in your SDcards, place MSM 7.xx map in it.