map update for Kenwood DNX4150BT

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

jtec14
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 42LM

map update for Kenwood DNX4150BT

#1 Post by jtec14 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi all experts and seniors,

I would like to check can I use the download MSM 2019 NT v8.27 to update the map in my HU?
If yes, do I use gmapsupp_v827.zip or gmapsupp_v827_LIcon.zip?

I also noted in my SD card, other than gmapsupp.img which can be found in the above zip file, I also have gmap3d.img, gmapMFM.img and gmapsupp.unl which not in the zip, can I leave that 3 files as it is?

Thank you very much in advance!

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: map update for Kenwood DNX4150BT

#2 Post by bartmp8 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:37 am

jtec14 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:56 pm
Hi all experts and seniors,

I would like to check can I use the download MSM 2019 NT v8.27 to update the map in my HU?
If yes, do I use gmapsupp_v827.zip or gmapsupp_v827_LIcon.zip?

I also noted in my SD card, other than gmapsupp.img which can be found in the above zip file, I also have gmap3d.img, gmapMFM.img and gmapsupp.unl which not in the zip, can I leave that 3 files as it is?

Thank you very much in advance!
Hello Tec14,

Sorry for the late reply. I was hoping someone with Kenwood know;edge would answer your question.
I have not had experince with Kenwood but lets see if I can help you.

First of all, please back up your SD card before proceeding in case if we mess it up, you can restore files

gmap3D.img is probably your basemap - pls do not disturb.
gmapMFM.img is a map from another mapping community
gmapsupp.url is the unlock code for another locked map.

The current gmapsupp.img you have is probably the old map

I suggest you download our latest map and place it in the same folder as the gmapMFM.img
Our maps are not locked. Forget the product.jcv (unless you have Junction View) and Instasearch file.
You can rename our gmapsupp.img to gmapMSM.img if you like. Remember to rename before copying
over to your folder otherwise it will replace your current gmapsupp.img

Once you placed this renamed file into the folder, run your GPS and go to the page where you can
select which map to use. Un-select the older version of MSM and also the MFM. You can only run
1 map of the same region at the same time otherwise your GPS calculation and routing may not
work properly.

Remember to back up before proceeding. If it works, do the same thing next update. As long as you
rename our new map to gmapMSM.img, it will replace your older one.

jtec14
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 42LM

Re: map update for Kenwood DNX4150BT

#3 Post by jtec14 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:55 am

Hi bartmp8,

Thank you for your replies!

It certainly help me a lot!

So I presumed the unlocked gmapsupp.img from MSM you are talking about can be found inside the gmapsupp_v827.zip or gmapsupp_v827_LIcon.zip?

Thanks again!