Can My GPS use MSM? [If not sure, pls ask before buying]

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

xymaerts
GPS: Garmin 255/265W

Re: Kenwood KNA-G431 From USA- Possible to download Malsingmaps?

#231 Post by xymaerts » Fri May 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Yes it is running with Garmin software..Which malsingmaps shall i download for Kenwood KNA-G431? Shall i download Malsingmaps NT 2009.3 ? But it does not mention about Kenwood oo.. The map just said for all Garmin devices... Pls advice
wsian wrote:Yes, as long as it is running garmin navigation software, you can download free map here.

deani77
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 42 (Navigation)

#232 Post by deani77 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:19 pm

xymaerts wrote:Yes it is running with Garmin software..Which malsingmaps shall i download for Kenwood KNA-G431? Shall i download Malsingmaps NT 2009.3 ? But it does not mention about Kenwood oo.. The map just said for all Garmin devices... Pls advice
You can use both maps (compiled by Garmin compiler or cGPSmapper). As for NT map you need to acquire the unlock from Unlock Garmin-Compiled Malsingmaps (for Malsingmaps Community)

xymaerts
GPS: Garmin 255/265W

#233 Post by xymaerts » Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 pm

The USA model of Kenwood KNA-G431 i survey comes with Blank unit. Means no map is preloaded. As Garmin map need to purchase separately from Garmin.. I am really in doubt i can unlock the NT map.. Not sure the S/N or Kenwood KNA-G431 is in the Garmin unlock website? Pls provide more infor and comment..Tq.. Sorry to ask, cGPSmapper.. what is that?

[/quote]

You can use both maps (compiled by Garmin compiler or cGPSmapper). As for NT map you need to acquire the unlock from Unlock Garmin-Compiled Malsingmaps (for Malsingmaps Community)[/quote]

kk77
GPS: Nuvi 255, bought in United States

Re: Can My GPS use MSM? [If not sure, pls ask before buying]

#234 Post by kk77 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:10 am

I've just received a Garmin Nuvi 255 set as a gift, but it was bought in the United States.

I downloaded the junction view map into my GPS, but I didn't realise that the GPSID for Nuvi is in the GPS itself. After downloading application, it always states this statement "No detailed maps found that support routing. The nuvi cannot be used without them." After this 'pop-up' comes up, I am unable to access the other aspects of the GPS to get the GPSID.

Does anyone knows how to remove this application in the GPS or is there any other way I can do to reset my GPS to how it was before?

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#235 Post by Redstorm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:30 am

kk77 wrote:I've just received a Garmin Nuvi 255 set as a gift, but it was bought in the United States.

I downloaded the junction view map into my GPS, but I didn't realise that the GPSID for Nuvi is in the GPS itself. After downloading application, it always states this statement "No detailed maps found that support routing. The nuvi cannot be used without them." After this 'pop-up' comes up, I am unable to access the other aspects of the GPS to get the GPSID.

Does anyone knows how to remove this application in the GPS or is there any other way I can do to reset my GPS to how it was before?
If you want to remove the installed MSM NT map, go to your main memory to look for the map gmapprom1.img and grammprom1.unl. If you have changed the file names to gmapsupp.img and gmapsupp.unl, then they should be residing in your SD card if you have saved them there. To look for your GPS ID, on your device, go to Tools >Setting >System and >About (at bottom of "System" page).
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

daleylay
GPS: looking for one...

#236 Post by daleylay » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:58 am

hi all Si Fu,

juz joint. I going to buy one v soon. v exited and also v confuse :ko: :-k . So many quesiton flying in my head need to get them out asap. I have search the forum and couldn't get the right thread that i wish. so here go the v newbie questions. SORIEEE....

1. can MSM support Altina A8010, Way Way Q3501 /Q4301 ? (detail http://www.m3shoppe.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=26).
2. Is JCV, land assist, etc...also supported as the unit come with these functions.
3. My favorite is Way Way Q3501. RM559 ONLY but processor dual core + 500MHz. any user so far ?
4. can 1 GPS device load and use many maps at same time ? wht wil happen ?
5. can MSM use in Miri Town, Sarawak? ( I going there to work)
6. Any map ready for Miri -> Kuching route ? how detail ?

sorie abt my confusing questions. Hope improve by time later. MANY THX !!

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#237 Post by bernGPS » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:38 am

daleylay asked

juz joint. I going to buy one v soon. v exited and also v confuse :ko: :-k . So many quesiton flying in my head need to get them out asap. I have search the forum and couldn't get the right thread that i wish. so here go the v newbie questions. SORIEEE....

1. can MSM support Altina A8010, Way Way Q3501 /Q4301 ? (detail http://www.m3shoppe.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=26).

ANS : NO

2. Is JCV, land assist, etc...also supported as the unit come with these functions.

ANS : If the above set, NO. The maps here support JCV for NUVI Asian version.

3. My favorite is Way Way Q3501. RM559 ONLY but processor dual core + 500MHz. any user so far ?

ANS : Not that I know off

4. can 1 GPS device load and use many maps at same time ? wht wil happen ?

ANS : Yes, depending on the capacity of your memory card. You will be happy :)

5. can MSM use in Miri Town, Sarawak? ( I going there to work)

ANS : Yes, there are a few active members there in Miri

6. Any map ready for Miri -> Kuching route ? how detail ?

ANS : Definately. Enough detail for you to do detours to other Towns along the way.

sorie abt my confusing questions. Hope improve by time later. MANY THX !!

So the simple answer is get Garmin GPS or a PND set that support MapKing. A Lowrence GPS map for Sarawak is also available.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#238 Post by bartmp8 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:05 am

Bro Daleylay

FORGET CHINA GPS. you will regret it. They will end up nothing more than an expensive MP3 player.
Sarawak still have many roads to track, maybe you should think about getting a 2nd hand Garmin
HCx or 60CSx. Scan for this in the Trading Post <--- Click

daleylay
GPS: looking for one...

#239 Post by daleylay » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:10 am

got it !! great info. make my day :D

u solve my many mths headache in 5min. hwee...one super responsive forum and member. hope to contribute later when i understand more :tq:

ytooi77
GPS: Garmin 200W

Car GPS system

#240 Post by ytooi77 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi all,

Can Tom tom using Garmin map? I'm looking at a car GPS system below. It does support various types of map but doesn't stating Garmin map. I wonder whether this GPS system can support MSM or not. Appreciate the input from all experts. Thanks in advance! :)

http://www.flyaudio.net/product_id.asp?id=204